1119 users online (157 members and 962 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Ashlynn VanOrman, 2 mos, Charlotte County, 1 March 2017

Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Nixle Alert

The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is attempting to locate and check the well-being of 2 month old Ashlynn Van Orman. Van Orman was placed into the care and custody of her mother's friend, James Gregg Fender, dob 8-15-1962, LKA 17150 River Ranch Ct., Punta Gorda, FL, by the mother. There is no reason to suspect that the child is in any danger and this is merely a well-being check at this time. These two individuals were last seen on or about March 1, 2017.
    If you know their whereabouts, you are asked to contact the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office at 941-639-2101.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5874339/

https://www.pl8pic.com/A_VanOrman

https://www.facebook.com/CCSOFLSheriff/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

From los2188's links:

Van Orman was placed into the care and custody of her mother's friend, James Gregg Fender, dob 8-15-1962, LKA 17150 River Ranch Ct., Punta Gorda, FL, by the mother.

and:

Ashlynn was last seen on March 1, 2017 in Englewood, Florida when Ashlynn was picked up by a man who allegedly claimed to be her step-father. Since that time, the man claiming to be Ashlynn's step-father and Ashlynn have not been seen or heard from.

Sounds like two different stories to me. Sweet baby, I hope she is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Nixle Alert

The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is attempting to locate and check the well-being of 2 month old Ashlynn Van Orman. Van Orman was placed into the care and custody of her mother's friend, James Gregg Fender, dob 8-15-1962, LKA 17150 River Ranch Ct., Punta Gorda, FL, by the mother. There is no reason to suspect that the child is in any danger and this is merely a well-being check at this time. These two individuals were last seen on or about March 1, 2017.
    If you know their whereabouts, you are asked to contact the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office at 941-639-2101.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5874339/

https://www.pl8pic.com/A_VanOrman

https://www.facebook.com/CCSOFLSheriff/
    I do hope she is ok.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

and March 1. Today is the 13th. Ugh.
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Contrary to other reports, the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office said the mother of the toddler was arrested, and handed the baby over to James Gregg Fender to care for until she was released. The Sheriff's Office says the baby should be in the care of her step-father. They said this is not a kidnapping.
    https://www.facebook.com/heraldtribu...JlZ2cgZmVuZGVy
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

What a tangled web....I hope she's found safe.

This story is just too confusing. It appears that James Fender Identified himself as the mother's stepfather to arresting officers.

His facebook page is chilling, with a lot of much younger women in provocative poses.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34752921/...ernalia-in-car

Ugh! I hope this baby is being taken care of and loved by someone caring.

Oh wow!
    I hope this ends up being a misunderstanding. Hopefully this beautiful baby is located soon.

Let's think about this for a second-
    Mom was arrested. Fact?
    At that point she must've been in care of her baby. (Guess)
    The officer released her baby to someone claiming to be either her step dad or the babies step dad ( depending on what report we go on)
    Wouldn't the officer have asked Mom " hey your step dad James -gregg is here to pick up your baby? ( Guess)

I can't see an officer handing a random man the baby without consulting mom first.
    If Mom okayed this and then her family went and filed a missing persons on the baby because they don't know this man, that may explain why it's just listed as a welfare check and not a kidnapping at this point.
    If Mom didn't okay this then maybe she wanted him to have the baby and didn't want her own family to have her( that would be pretty unbelievable to think a police officer just hands over her baby to a random person) IMO only-MOO & Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel1 View Post
    Let's think about this for a second-
    Mom was arrested. Fact?
    At that point she must've been in care of her baby. (Guess)
    The officer released her baby to someone claiming to be either her step dad or the babies step dad ( depending on what report we go on)
    Wouldn't the officer have asked Mom " hey your step dad James -gregg is here to pick up your baby? ( Guess)

I can't see an officer handing a random man the baby without consulting mom first.
    If Mom okayed this and then her family went and filed a missing persons on the baby because they don't know this man, that may explain why it's just listed as a welfare check and not a kidnapping at this point.
    If Mom didn't okay this then maybe she wanted him to have the baby and didn't want her own family to have her( that would be pretty unbelievable to think a police officer just hands over her baby to a random person) IMO only-MOO & Jmo
    The article I posted up the thread seems to indicate that he arrived at the point of arrest (I'm sure at her request, they're facebook friends with all three of her profiles) and she pretended he was her step dad.

Maybe so her family wouldn't find out she was arrested, who knows. Seems playing very fast and loose with the baby's safety just to keep her arrest a secret. She's still in jail according to county arrest records.

North Port again.

I really hope this baby is found safe and real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    This story is just too confusing. It appears that James Fender Identified himself as the mother's stepfather to arresting officers.

His facebook page is chilling, with a lot of much younger women in provocative poses.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34752921/...ernalia-in-car
    This does not mention the baby is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    This does not mention the baby is missing!
    I wonder how it came to light the baby is missing. Maybe the mom's family caught wind of this story and hurried to find the baby and regain family custody? It does seem likely that the publication of this article caused the awareness that the baby is now missing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast