1261 users online (181 members and 1080 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,553

    MI - Amy Harker, 47, Allegan County, 9 March 2017

    Mother of four missing, family desperately wants her home

    Family members of 47-year-old Amy Harker say she has been missing for at least three days and they are desperate to have her home.
    Family members describe Harker as a bubbly, outgoing person, always surrounded by caring friends. However, her daughter tells Newschannel 3 that she sent some disturbing text messages before she disappeared.
    http://wwmt.com/news/local/mother-of...wants-her-home
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    276
    I highly doubt this woman sent those text messages. Where was she last seen? I pray she's found safe. Was she having any problems with anyone?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl4 View Post
    I highly doubt this woman sent those text messages. Where was she last seen? I pray she's found safe. Was she having any problems with anyone?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
    The article says the messages were sent before she disappeared - it sounds like she was having a break with reality. But the timing of the texts is really confusing. She's been missing 3 days, it's Monday, and the texts were sent "over the weekend". So . . . um. Confusing
    Last edited by JeannaT; 03-14-2017 at 12:22 AM.

  4. #4
    ?? Weird. Hope she is okay.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,975
    She's with the car? If she was right about feeling like fluid in her lungs, she could have wrecked. They need to check the license plate readers for when she traveled last


    Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    BetteDavisEyes's Avatar
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    21,162
    Allegan Mother of Four Missing

    March 14, 2017 12:10 PM

    Police are asking the public for help finding 47-year-old Amy Harker of Allegan.

    According to WWMT-3, the mother of four has been missing for at least three days.

    The family says it is not like Harker to not answer her phone or to not have it charged and on her person.

    http://wgrd.com/allegan-mother-of-four-missing/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    455
    Paduca, KY, where her cell last pinged is 450+ miles from Allegan County, MI. Perhaps her stating she needed to do something while she still could in her texts meant she was going to visit someone? Perhaps family or a boyfriend? I wish more information was available. If someone other than Amy sent those texts, they are awfully strange. I would think if someone were trying to lead the family and LE in the wrong direction wouldnt have chosen to be so vague and strange.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,260

    Amy Lynn Harker, 48, Allegan, MI, March 12, 2017

    Amy Lynn Harker was last heard from on Sunday, March 12 around 2:30 p.m., when she had told a friend she was going to Illinois to visit friends.

    Harker's family and friends said they have not heard from her since. She is not answering her cell phone.

    Family members said Harker has medical concerns.

    Harker drives a 2009 black Ford Focus with Michigan plates: CLD6945.

    The Sheriff's Office asks anyone who may have seen Harker or may have information about her to call Detective Mark Lytle at 269-673-0500, ext. 4286 or Silent Observer at 1-800-554-3633.

    Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...allegan_w.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by xmsmadex View Post
    Paduca, KY, where her cell last pinged is 450+ miles from Allegan County, MI. Perhaps her stating she needed to do something while she still could in her texts meant she was going to visit someone? Perhaps family or a boyfriend? I wish more information was available. If someone other than Amy sent those texts, they are awfully strange. I would think if someone were trying to lead the family and LE in the wrong direction wouldnt have chosen to be so vague and strange.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Agreed. In an article on MLive today, it said she told a friend she was going to visit friends in Illinois.

    I hope these were people she knows as opposed to strangers luring her there online. The fact that her phone pinged in Kentucky makes me think she could be in the southern tip of Illinois which borders there.

    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...allegan_w.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,468


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,803

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,975
    Ok well if she drove any sort of distance, license plate readers or the interstate should be able to be searched! Sometimes I wonder why they do things in tiny little pieces rather than really get to it for a few good hours.

    Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,975
    Reading through Facebook, it seems like her family thinks she is gone by her own choice.

    She kind of gushed over a guy who she wouldn't name. Her daughter then posts that he was contacted and believes what he says. My thinking is he didn't feel the same as she did, she got upset and headed off. She left cash and could have kept plenty for herself. I hope she returns and does not harm herself.

    Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    6,018
    Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Mother of four missing, family desperately wants her home



    http://wwmt.com/news/local/mother-of...wants-her-home
    Also this is concerning from original post/link-
    Things like Harker leaving behind a lump sum of money and the title to one of her cars.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by mpnola View Post
    Reading through Facebook, it seems like her family thinks she is gone by her own choice.

    She kind of gushed over a guy who she wouldn't name. Her daughter then posts that he was contacted and believes what he says. My thinking is he didn't feel the same as she did, she got upset and headed off. She left cash and could have kept plenty for herself. I hope she returns and does not harm herself.

    Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Right. Or some internet persona she went to meet is not as upstanding as Amy believed.

    Those texts could also be written by someone under the influence of a substance...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe NC - Isaiah Terry, 14, Guilford County, 1 March 2017
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2017, 10:32 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-16-2017, 08:44 AM
  3. Found Safe MO - March'e White, 18, St. Louis County, 5 January 2017
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2017, 02:34 AM