IL IL - Cook Co, Unksex&race UP15500, 21-30, body found In Lake Michigan, Jun'16

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 15500

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/15500

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found June 17, 2016 in Cook County, IL
Body Condition: Not recognizable - Putrefaction/ decomposition
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 21-30
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is not available
DNA: Sample submitted - tests complete

Case History: Found in Lake Michigan

While I was looking for more information, I found something that might be useful.
Description Male, 5’7”, 182 lbs., Curly, coarse black hair in dreadlocks accompanied the body., Clothing: black hooded sweatshirt, black belt, black pants, black long underwear, green boxer briefs, blue socks, black short sleeve shirt.

https://datacatalog.cookcountyil.gov/Healthcare/Medical-Examiner-Unidentified-Persons/y8dh-5w5c/data

If you go down to June 17th 2016. It lists more information. I don't know if they just never updated the Namus or what, but the unidentified male was found at the exact same place as this UID, so I am assuming that it is the same case. Any thoughts?

It could be two different cases though.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No exclusions

Original

The news article seems to be the same decedent.

There is a lot of pictures on namus now. I looked up the beltbuckle and it seems to be from Ferragamo or a knock-off from it. Sweatshirt is from Akoo. That's easy to see from the label.

The clothes all look male to me. Judging by the style I think he is something like 15-40y.

Last edited:
Not a lot of information to go on. The clothing is pretty recognizable, but no info on the decomp of the body? Just bones? I hope they have DNA. It might be hard with the degree of degradation but maybe they can get it from the bones?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back