1315 users online (215 members and 1100 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Luke Miller, 15, beaten up at school, dies, Champaign, March 2017

Luke was apparently beaten up at school Friday, but didn't tell anyone. He died over the weekend.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...estigated.html

This is somewhat local to me and my heart breaks for his family.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

The St. Louis Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy on the body of Luke Miller on Monday morning with Champaign police present, but officials in that office told The News-Gazette it could be six to eight weeks before a full report is released to the public. http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...nts-death.html

Anyone with information about the case is being asked to call the Champaign Police Investigation Division at (217) 351-4545 or Crime Stoppers at (217) 373-8477. http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...416069473.html

Many Will Never Forget The Life Of Luke Miller

“It is with deep sorrow that we mourn the tragic loss of Centennial student Luke Miller over the weekend. Starting tomorrow, we will be supporting our Centennial and Jefferson communities with access to grief counseling. We are fully cooperating with the police in this matter. To preserve the integrity of the investigation, the District has been asked by the Champaign Police Department not to comment on or provide details regarding this situation.
    “Our thoughts at this time continue to be with Luke’s family and friends" http://dailyillini.com/news/2017/03/...died-saturday/
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Local to me as well (I'm a graduate of the rival high school in town). It's absolutely heartbreaking.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

So sad. What a talented young man Luke was! He was preparing for an archery tournament the day following the attack, too. I get the feeling the motive for this savage assault was blind jealousy. It will not win the perps any awards, though, but will deprive them of their freedom and many privileges, and hopefully it will gain them a lifetime of regret.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

This is heartbreaking. RIP young Luke...I am so sorry...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

This one really tugged at my heart. RIP Luke

wow, so many nice things to say about all the things Luke was involved in (WOW!!!) from that article in the OP.

Heart. Breaking.
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

How terribly sad it's become when a beautiful child is killed by a group of bullying teens. Never has the suicide rate amongst teens been so high as it is in these days and times due to bullying. I'm so saddened that he didn't speak to his parents about it so they could get him examined sooner. I don't have any idea if it would have made a difference though.
    “A glimpse into the world proves that horror is nothing other than reality.”
    ― Alfred Hitchcock

I worked as a high school teacher for many years. I cannot wrap my mind around bullying. It is absolutely horrible. I hope his family can find peace at some point.

It's very hard for me to believe the beating was the actual cause of Luke's death, if no one noticed anything in the days after the beating. Suicide maybe?

I know you can have a brain injury that can cause a death if you slightly reinjure your brain before it's healed, but you would notice a person's head injury.

Quote Originally Posted by doublestop View Post
    Luke was apparently beaten up at school Friday, but didn't tell anyone. He died over the weekend.

Oh how awful. So this young man died as a result of his injuries from being beaten up. Was confused that maybe he was beaten up and then killed himself over the weekend because of being bullied. It is horrible regardless. Wishing his family prayers. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    It's very hard for me to believe the beating was the actual cause of Luke's death, if no one noticed anything in the days after the beating. Suicide maybe?

I know you can have a brain injury that can cause a death if you slightly reinjure your brain before it's healed, but you would notice a person's head injury.
    Have you ever seen what a concussion looks like? I don't know that a concussion is the case here but to say you would notice a person's head injury is false. Concussions are invisible.
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"gangs"

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Have you ever seen what a concussion looks like? I don't know that a concussion is the case here but to say you would notice a person's head injury is false. Concussions are invisible.
    Concussions come with symptoms though - certainly a concussion capable of being your cause of death in a few days is obvious, in my experience. They're not invisible. They cause severe headaches and bizarre behavior and loss of balance. Severe ones.

Quote Originally Posted by doublestop View Post

This article says "earlier in the week". Did you see a source that said it happened on Friday?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast