IL - Luke Miller, 15, beaten up at school, dies, Champaign, March 2017

This is somewhat local to me and my heart breaks for his family.

The St. Louis Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an autopsy on the body of Luke Miller on Monday morning with Champaign police present, but officials in that office told The News-Gazette it could be six to eight weeks before a full report is released to the public. http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-03-13/police-probe-continues-students-death.html

Anyone with information about the case is being asked to call the Champaign Police Investigation Division at (217) 351-4545 or Crime Stoppers at (217) 373-8477. http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-Champaign-High-School-Student-416069473.html

[h=1]Many Will Never Forget The Life Of Luke Miller[/h]
“It is with deep sorrow that we mourn the tragic loss of Centennial student Luke Miller over the weekend. Starting tomorrow, we will be supporting our Centennial and Jefferson communities with access to grief counseling. We are fully cooperating with the police in this matter. To preserve the integrity of the investigation, the District has been asked by the Champaign Police Department not to comment on or provide details regarding this situation.
“Our thoughts at this time continue to be with Luke’s family and friends" http://dailyillini.com/news/2017/03/13/centennial-high-school-student-died-saturday/

Local to me as well (I'm a graduate of the rival high school in town). It's absolutely heartbreaking.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

So sad. What a talented young man Luke was! He was preparing for an archery tournament the day following the attack, too. I get the feeling the motive for this savage assault was blind jealousy. It will not win the perps any awards, though, but will deprive them of their freedom and many privileges, and hopefully it will gain them a lifetime of regret.

This is heartbreaking. RIP young Luke...I am so sorry...:candle: :rose:

wow, so many nice things to say about all the things Luke was involved in (WOW!!!) from that article in the OP.

Heart. Breaking.

How terribly sad it's become when a beautiful child is killed by a group of bullying teens. Never has the suicide rate amongst teens been so high as it is in these days and times due to bullying. I'm so saddened that he didn't speak to his parents about it so they could get him examined sooner. I don't have any idea if it would have made a difference though.

I worked as a high school teacher for many years. I cannot wrap my mind around bullying. It is absolutely horrible. I hope his family can find peace at some point.

It's very hard for me to believe the beating was the actual cause of Luke's death, if no one noticed anything in the days after the beating. Suicide maybe?

I know you can have a brain injury that can cause a death if you slightly reinjure your brain before it's healed, but you would notice a person's head injury.

It's very hard for me to believe the beating was the actual cause of Luke's death, if no one noticed anything in the days after the beating. Suicide maybe?

I know you can have a brain injury that can cause a death if you slightly reinjure your brain before it's healed, but you would notice a person's head injury.

Have you ever seen what a concussion looks like? I don't know that a concussion is the case here but to say you would notice a person's head injury is false. Concussions are invisible.

Have you ever seen what a concussion looks like? I don't know that a concussion is the case here but to say you would notice a person's head injury is false. Concussions are invisible.

Concussions come with symptoms though - certainly a concussion capable of being your cause of death in a few days is obvious, in my experience. They're not invisible. They cause severe headaches and bizarre behavior and loss of balance. Severe ones.

Concussions come with symptoms though - certainly a concussion capable of being your cause of death in a few days is obvious, in my experience. They're not invisible. They cause severe headaches and bizarre behavior and loss of balance. Severe ones.

I believe I read that he was spitting up blood the following morning, probable internal injuries...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is terrible! He seemed like an amazing kid with a bright future.

I worked as a high school teacher for many years. I cannot wrap my mind around bullying. It is absolutely horrible. I hope his family can find peace at some point.
It seems school bullying is getting worse and worse. When I was in school, it was mostly in the form of unwanted/inappropriate touching, stealing, taunting. There was less physical interaction, but it was psychologically devastating. Now, kids have gotten bolder. Luke sounds like he was a gentle kid who likely wouldn't have fought back but may have tried to make peace with his bullies. When he didn't defend himself, the bullies probably escalated. The injuries were likely cumulative.

Sounds like there were more than one bully. These kids have no conscience. I hope they are soon identified and brought to justice. They are sociopaths, a danger to society. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back