AZ - Convicted killer James Hamm denied admission to bar association

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A convicted murderer who graduated from law school after getting out of prison was denied admission to the bar Wednesday by the Arizona Supreme Court because of a lack of "good moral character."

James Hamm, who served 17 years for his part in a drug-related robbery that left two men dead, had asked the court to allow him to practice law even though the state bar association had recommended against his application, citing the seriousness of the crime and his failure to own up to his past.

The five-member court unanimously sided with the bar association.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/news/local/13350825.htm

If he passed the Bar way back in '99, why is it taking him so long to apply to practice? :waitasec:

Because he tried to "atone for the lives he took" but they just weren't buying it. Good for them. You don't atone for the lives you took on this earth....deal with your maker. In the interim suck an egg.

I think it is that he was allowed to get a college education on our taxpayers dollars. His butt should still be in jail.:furious:

deandaniellws said:
I think it is that he was allowed to get a college education on our taxpayers dollars. His butt should still be in jail.:furious:

Ditto.

James Hamm, the convicted murderer who earned a law degree, was denied the right to practice law when the Arizona Supreme Court issued a ruling Wednesday that he had failed to prove he was of good moral character.

In a unanimous decision written by Chief Justice Ruth McGregor, the court acknowledged that Hamm, who became a crusader for prisoners' rights, had rehabilitated himself but that rehabilitation alone was not proof of moral character.

"An applicant must establish his current good moral character, independent of and in addition to, evidence of rehabilitation," McGregor wrote. "We conclude that Hamm failed to make that showing."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1207hamm07-ON.html

Personally, I think Mr. Hamm should apply for the bar in CA. He could work for Geragos & Co. "Good moral character" doesn't seem to be a requirement when applying for a position at that particular firm. ;)

Daisy said:
Personally, I think Mr. Hamm should apply for the bar in CA. He could work for Geragos & Co. "Good moral character" doesn't seem to be a requirement when applying for a position at that particular firm. ;)
LMAO!!! :D Good one Daisy!:clap: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back