1660 users online (280 members and 1380 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OH - Janet Garrett, 48, Miami Twp, 9 March 2017

Friends seek information on missing Norwood woman

The family and friends of a 48-year-old Norwood woman who disappeared in Clermont County's Miami Township on March 9 are growing more and more concerned about her well-being.

Janet Garrett's loved ones believe a bizarre series of events led up to her disappearance.
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...oman/99200118/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

She lives in Norwood with her mother, who has dementia, and is her primary caretaker. They do not believe she would ever willingly leave her mother behind.

"She's always with her mom, and when she's not, short periods of time, she has someone as a backup," Brock said.

It is still not clear exactly what happened before Garrett vanished.

Investigators said that Garrett was involved in a car accident the night she disappeared near the UDF on State Route 131.

At some point, they believe she walked somewhere and left her car behind.

Now her friends report that her phone is off, or the battery is dead, and no one can reach her.

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db_347473/c...tguid=W0fGygnw

Hope this woman is found soon!

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiec...367128402792:0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janet has such a wonderful, welcoming smile. I hope she is safe.

Head injury maybe?????
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Facebook poster https://www.facebook.com/missingcase...417281/?type=3

Print full sized pdf poster easily from any printer for distribution at: http://posters.missingcases.com/Find-Janet-Garrett.pdf

I heard there was no indication of injuries to her.

I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Does anyone know if LE spoke to the other driver? Or was no one in the other vehicle?

The story doesn't indicate that another car was involved in her accident.

Being the caregiver for an aging parent with dementia is incredibly stressful. Maybe she walked off voluntarily, needing a break from life. Crossing my fingers that she will turn up safe.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I'm here avoiding laundry.

All posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousTBacon View Post
    The story doesn't indicate that another car was involved in her accident.

Being the caregiver for an aging parent with dementia is incredibly stressful. Maybe she walked off voluntarily, needing a break from life. Crossing my fingers that she will turn up safe.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I'm inclined to agree.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Now that I think about it no one has mentioned another car. I just assumed there was or else wouldn't the reports say like "single car accident"? Or if there was another car, comment on that car like "Garrett swerved out of her lane and hit the other car head on"?

I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Maybe the accident didnt involve another car at all. It could have been a tree, a high curb etc that left her car undrivable or stuck. Wish the reports had been more specific.

Prayers she walked away for a break. I've only cared for an elderly parent for a short period of time, and I had a huge fantasy of getting in my car and just driving. And ending up states away. I get the motivation to just walk off.

Also, her smile is not really a smile at all. When someone disappears it's interesting to me to look at their pics, and she's not smiling here. She's just pulling her lips way back. That's the most stressed out looking "smile" I think I've ever seen.

Prayers she's ok.

edited to add: In the montage, the pic with the blue car looks like a joyful smile, and she looks at peace in the lakeside pic.

I wonder what the chronology of her photographs is- if those were a while ago.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast