944 users online (123 members and 821 guests)  

Websleuths News

Tapatalk?

May I ask a Tapatalk question? Sometimes I get extra notifications, pop up on phone/tablet when someone posts.

How do I turn off notifications and still follow cases?

Clear as mud?
    Thanks!!

ETA- I don't see a banner above the case threads to manage notifications. This thread has it but do the case threads? (I feel so stupid!)
    Last edited by MsArk; 03-15-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsArk View Post
    May I ask a Tapatalk question? Sometimes I get extra notifications, pop up on phone/tablet when someone posts.

How do I turn off notifications and still follow cases?

Clear as mud?
    Thanks!!

ETA- I don't see a banner above the case threads to manage notifications. This thread has it but do the case threads? (I feel so stupid!)
    Don't feel bad. Tapatalk is tricky until you're used to it. You turn off Tapatalk notifications from the Tapatalk settings. If you're on the TTmain page where the forums you follow are listed, WS, etc, in the upper right hand corner you will see three bars. Click them to get to your settings.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I do not use Tapatalk myself, but have seen occasional requests for help from fellow WSers. I have started saving tips the people post, and thought this might be a good place to share them. I am sorry I did not save the names of the posters who contributed their tips, but you are thanked. Here they are; hope they are helpful.

-- click on the three dots for a menu (does not have the edit feature)

---- TO DELETE MESSEAGES WHILE ON TAPATALK;
    Go to your inbox page. Click on a message you want to delete. In the top right hand corner of the page, there are three dots. Click on those and you get several options, delete included.

You'll then need to do the process again from your sent list.
    ===

----ALERT FEATURE:
    *If you click on the post 3 small dots appear on the right hand side . it has the report option

*Tap the post you are reporting and it will highlight (it goes blue on my phone) and you will see 3 dots in the right corner. When you click on them, one of the options will be report. Select it. Type over the default This is Spam with your concern and send.

*Tapatalk report function works by tapping the post you want to report the selecting the "more" button then "report"
    ===

accidentally follow someone? WS Suglo suggested:
    The default setting is that it will follow anyone you reply to and I think it also has a setting to follow anyone whose post you thank. You can go in and change it so it doesn't do that.

In the settings it has an auto follow tab that has different settings. You can change them there
    ===

TO EDIT: I can double-tap my post to raise a new menu of choices at the top of the screen. One of those choices features an edit icon.
    ===

UNTHANK A POST
    Right hand corner....Web view...unthank and go back
    ===

"At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011