GUILTY IL - Riley Fox, 3, Wilmington, 6 June 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why this was moved, but it breaks my heart that it looks like there will be no justice for Riley. :(

Crimson Sky said:
http://www.nbc5.com/video/5706508/detail.html

man accused of sexual assault on a girl in Wilmington was four houses down from Riley's Grandma's house around the time she was abducted.

I want to puke.

Other miscellaneous updates:

Phil Mock has been demoted. This sweetheart deal he put together was for the son of an assistant Illinois attorney general.

Will County State's Atty. James Glasgow on Monday demoted his top assistant for approving a plea deal that would have allowed a teen charged with predatory criminal sexual assault to escape prison and the stigma of being labeled a sex offender.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...131147.story?coll=chi-newslocalssouthwest-hed

One of the top deputies in the coroner's office has been terminated with no cause given. Another resigned in protest.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_JO28_CORONER_S1.htm

JOLIET — Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil unceremoniously dumped his top deputy Tuesday, ending her five-year tenure in his office.

I hope this new lead proves to be something.. Little Riley deserves justice!

:behindbar :razz: I hope that this is the man and that Riley's case will be moved to the solved part of WS. But what I do not get was how this animal was on the street to begin with? He was a twice convicted sex offender and a murderer to boot. This is so deeply disturbing it goes beyond words. The worst part was he was not required to register as a sex offender anymore because it had been ten years since his conviction. How did it come out that he was four houses or blocks down from Riley's? Can someone post the link or point to where it was? I missed it somewhere. My parents live in that neighborhood and I am wondering where he lived and which house to tell my children to avoid on the off chance that he has some other disturbed friends in the area.

I found the link about the loser being four doors from the Rossi's. My parents live in the same neighborhood as the Foxes but it is still only about 1.5 miles if even between the two.

crash676 said:
I found the link about the loser being four doors from the Rossi's. My parents live in the same neighborhood as the Foxes but it is still only about 1.5 miles if even between the two.

It's possible he was watching the Rossi house waiting for an opportunity, when Kevin came along and picked up the kids and then he followed them over to the Fox residence . . . :(

I would think the odds of this being a match are very low. Most pedophiles are not usually attracted to both babies and teens. They tend to follow the same MO in molestations. A teenager is post puberty and an entirely different attraction for perverts.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-051229ilassault,1,2175381.story?coll=chi-news-hed

He's probably being asked about every case that's open and of a sex-related matter," Barry said. "To say he is a suspect in the Riley Fox case is inaccurate."

Barry said Southwood has prior sexual assault convictions and is being held at Will County Jail on $2 million bond.

Southwood was a friend of the quadriplegic girl's mother and is accused of assaulting the teen for several months, Will County State's Attorney spokesman Lee Michaels said.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_JO30_SOUTHWOOD_S1.htm

The Wilmington man charged with repeatedly raping a teenage quadriplegic has fathered two children with his own daughter, his abused offspring revealed Thursday.

"He made it look like we were husband and wife," Susan Clelland said of her father, 68-year-old Lawrence Southwood, and the monstrous "marriage" he made for her.

Clelland believes her father more than capable of carrying out the sex attacks on the quadriplegic teen as alleged by the state. She also thinks he may have raped and killed 3-year-old Riley Fox, the young Wilmington girl whose murder has gone unsolved for the last 18 months.

Southwood's DNA is being compared to samples found on the dead girl's body, police said.

"I wouldn't put it past him," she said. "I don't know, but I honestly wouldn't put anything past him."

Wasn't there a "weird guy" that lived down the street? Or was that from Riley's house and not her grandmas?

The whole story around this monster is sickening.

Kate, I'm not sure if this clears it up:

Southwood reportedly stayed at the home of the quadriplegic teen the night before Riley Fox was killed. The teen lives near the grandmother who was babysitting Riley and her brother, Tyler, the evening before the young girl's murder.

The day Riley was discovered missing, a neighbor told police she saw the little girl sitting outside her grandmother's home.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_JO30_FOX_S1.htm

How close did Riley's parents live to her grandparents? Would it have been possible for Riley to walk over to her grandparents house that morning?

I hope we hear when the DNA results come back. That DNA belongs to someone and I hope it is that guy so that Riley can have justice.

It's just hard to imagine that a father would father two of his child's kids. I'd like to hear her story. He made it look like they were married? I wonder how old the daughter is.

And that poor little teenager. She couldn't even get away from him or try and fight him off. He must have threatened to harm her or her mom if she told. I wonder how he was found out. They should just take this guy out and shoot him. He isn't even worth the cost of a needle and the poison to put him to sleep. Just sickening.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=3766153
As for the case he is being charged with now, it was his own daughter that turned him in.

Susan Clelland hopes her 68-year-old father spends the the rest of his life in prison. Lawrence Southwood is being held on a $2 million bond for sexually abusing a 14-year-old quadriplegic girl, and it was the daughter, who learned about the alleged abuse, that turned her father in.

"He was taking her to Wal-Mart, Kmart, out to eat, and places like that. He was taking me places when I was 17 years old to get me to trust him," said Clelland.

Clelland says she was a victim as well. She says her father abused her for several years. She says that Southwood even fathered two of her children.

Southwood is no stranger to the law. He was convicted and served time for a 1961 rape, and in 1969, he was convicted of attempted murder. In 1992, he was convicted of another sex-related charge.

"He should have never been let out of jail from the first crime of rape going back to 1961," Clelland said.

Bobbisangel said:
How close did Riley's parents live to her grandparents? Would it have been possible for Riley to walk over to her grandparents house that morning?

I think it was less than a couple of miles.

I'm glad to see that Sheriff Kaupas and his brave crew of detectives, and that brave crime fighter, former State's Attorney Jeff Tomczak were right on top of this guy Southwood between June and October of 2004. How many times did they inteview him about Riley's murder while the trail was still hot? All these guys have kids and live in the area. Gee, weren't they concerned about the safety of their own families with this guy running around loose?

Oh, I forgot, they "rolled the bones" and put Kevin Fox behind bars and said he would be executed, so everyone in the area would be safe.

Remember you Will County voters who visit this site -- Sheriff Kaupas is running for re-election in November. Remember to vote and vote against him. Throw him out just like you did to Tomczak.

genecam said:
How many times did they inteview him about Riley's murder while the trail was still hot?
Unfortunately, I am going with NEVER seeing as how he wasn't even registered as a sex offender. His crimes were "too old". Meanwhile hes running around molesting people who cannot defend themselves. He is disgusting. I cannot even put into words how looking at his picture makes me feel. Sick, to say the least. Even if his DNA doesn't match what happened to Riley, I hope the boys locked up in Will Co jail help him with the soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆