OK OK - Mannford, UncFem 21-35, UP12202, pubis defect, terry cloth 'Mistra' dress & bootie, Aug'82

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
NamUs UP 12202

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/12202

Unidentified Body/Remains (Female)

Found August 19, 1982 in Pawnee County, OK
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: 1982 to 1982
Estimated postmortem interval: Months

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 21-35
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color:
brown hair recovered
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks:
right radius (forearm) - healed fracture; right pubis - healed circular defect

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
Off-white terry cloth dress ('Mistra' brand, size Small); Terry cloth bootie (unknown color)
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available
DNA: Sample is currently not available

Case History:
Skeletal remains found 5 miles north of Mannford.

Carolyn Sue Martin
26yo missing from MI since August 1981.

martin_carolyn.jpg

Was supposed to be travelling with her husband to TX. Long story, see the CP profile.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/martin_carolyn.html

At a very young age, Carolyn had fractured her arm. This may still show up in a xray. (Namus)
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6907/65

Arm fracture, height, weight, hair color, and she is the only potential missing I found that would fit into that small dress.

Circumstances suggest she may have made it as far as OK, but that questionable. PM interval would be a few months outside of 1982 though.

I think Deborah Farmer may be a good possibility. She was 26yo when she went missing from Midwest City, OK in June 1981.

farmer_deborah.jpg

The distance between missing and UID location is less than 100 miles.
The time between missing and UID find is about 14 months.
Deborah had a wrist injury and cast when she went missing, the UID had a forearm fracture.

However, Deborah has DNA but no dentals, UID has dentals but no DNA (sample not currently available).

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35284/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/farmer_deborah.html

Carolyn Sue Martin
26yo missing from MI since August 1981.

attachment.php

Was supposed to be travelling with her husband to TX. Long story, see the CP profile.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/martin_carolyn.html

At a very young age, Carolyn had fractured her arm. This may still show up in a xray. (Namus)
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6907/65

Arm fracture, height, weight, hair color, and she is the only potential missing I found that would fit into that small dress.

Circumstances suggest she may have made it as far as OK, but that's questionable. PM interval would be a few months outside of 1982 though.
Harry Kzirian probably buried Carolyn and her young son Mark; he would have known that he'd be the prime suspect, so I don't think he would have just dumped the bodies. (I do think he might have buried them in different locations in order to hinder identification should one of them be found, so I wouldn't necessarily expect Carolyn to be found with her son.) She's still a good candidate overall, though.

As for the Mistra brand dress, can anyone comment on whether that brand was distributed nationwide?

I got a message back from the OCME. UID remains can't be found to get a DNA sample for comparison. Nothing to compare.

That was a quick reply, I just submitted Deborah Farmer a couple of days ago. OCME said they would let me know if things change and a comparison happens.

I got a message back from the OCME. UID remains can't be found to get a DNA sample for comparison. Nothing to compare.

That was a quick reply, I just submitted Deborah Farmer a couple of days ago. OCME said they would let me know if things change and a comparison happens.
EBM
I really tire of hearing that from LE. The systemic incompetence is bewildering to say the least.

Tried for "Mistra" clothing, apparently the company no longer exists. Some "vintage" items are for sale on-line this afternoon:

View attachment 222735

Looks like nighties & pool cover-ups to me?

Vintage Dresses | Mistra Palm Leaves Dress With Cross Back | Poshmark
Ahh! Yes! I had to look up “terry cloth” to make sure it was what I was picturing... it was. lol

But yes, it seems to be used mostly in lounge/casual clothing. Pool coverup or robe were the first things that came to mind... along with the “bootie”, I’d venture to say she was maybe dressed for bed? Either going to or just getting up from?

Just to get an idea of the location, I entered the coordinates into Google Maps... a few things stand out...
- It’s right on the Arkansas River
- It’s close to the Osage Indian Reservation
- It’s not too far from Interstate 35 (a major thoroughfare from Texas to Oklahoma)

I think we may be looking for someone with ties to the Osage Reservation ... Just my observations.

eta: I meant to ask if anyone had any idea what this might mean... “right pubis - healed circular defect”

Attachments

• 134B95B9-2D2E-4C32-9377-7B3C1159C448.jpeg
    134B95B9-2D2E-4C32-9377-7B3C1159C448.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 13
  • DC63D794-23F4-403D-99A5-7E93E9099708.jpeg
    DC63D794-23F4-403D-99A5-7E93E9099708.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 11
  • C2DA5F6F-D9B5-4A4C-AAAC-8A79A5FA52AF.jpeg
    C2DA5F6F-D9B5-4A4C-AAAC-8A79A5FA52AF.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 11
  • 1049143B-96FD-4F82-847B-BFC539B1EA5F.jpeg
    1049143B-96FD-4F82-847B-BFC539B1EA5F.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 14
Frustrating without more detail!
There’s Judy Munguia from Odessa, Texas. Disappeared in May 1981 after telling her husband she “would be gone for several days”...but her vehicle turned up 6 months later at an Oklahoma City airport. It had apparently been there since June 1981. And 5 spent .22 caliber bullet casings were found in the car. o_O
Judie Kay Lowery Munguia – The Charley Project

eta: you’re right... it’s not in NamUs!?

I have dealt w/Pawnee sheriffs dept before over a matter Im I long someone else & I was far from impressed with them-I would bet they are just being lazy about it & if the remains were buried I’d bet they could find them with a little work. The county is mostly rural & not a large population so someone would remember something & there would probably be records at one of the few cemeteries in the county ( odds are it was in a cemetery in the city of Pawnee) so that would narrow it down quite a bit.

I'm sorry I’m not trying to bash LE because I am a supporter until I have reason to not go be and Pawnee county sheriffs gave me plenty of reasons.

Still no exclusions, but this UID was found about 30min away from where Kathleen Henson and her baby son went missing in 1979. Thoughts?

OK - OK - Kathleen, 30, & Royce Henson, 1, Tulsa, 23 March 1979

There should be medical professionals & medical records relating to any pubis defect for Ms. Henson.

Circular defect? Would a gunshot wound leave a circular hole in a pelvic bone? Medical procedure? Calling everyone's favorite nurse @meanmaryjean to ask what might cause a healed circular defect in a pubis bone.

Any word on a comparison?

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail