1098 users online (190 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX, Bryan--19 yr old pregnant woman struck by train & killed while taking photos

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2998908

This is awful. A 19 year old pregnant woman was taking photos on a train track to start a modeling career and was struck by a train.

Why, why, why, why???? Why are people compelled to take photos in dangerous places? Who ever thought that a train track was an appropriate place for photos? I mean, whatever happened to backgrounds with trees, flowers, and the like? Why do you have to put yourself in a perilous situation to get a good photo?

Do you remember the bride who drowned while taking photos in a body of water a couple of years ago? It was a trend for the brides to take photos in the waves in their wedding dresses after their wedding.

Really, I just don't understand it. Beauty comes from the radiance inside the person--not from the surrounding backdrop.

she is stunning - and also, there is a pic taken moments before she was killed in the OP article. Tragic on so many levels...
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

Oh, dear.
    They were taking pics on a double set of tracks and she moved out of the way when a train started coming from one direction, but didn't see a train coming on the other set of tracks. She was photographed just moments before, standing on an area of rail where the two tracks meet. Both trains cannot pass that section of rail simultaneously, so they generally slow down and communicate and one train is given the green light to proceed while the other train must wait.

I would think the young woman and her photographer would have enough time to see and/or hear both trains. Thompson was wearing spiked heels, so they may have been a factor in her getting out of the way promptly. As Wondermore said, this just was not a good idea. Unfortunate that Ms Thompson chose to delay her education to pursue modelling, especially after finding out she was pregnant. That would have given her adolescent brain more time to mature. But, I wonder about the age of the photographer, and I do know that older people make brash decisions, often to impress or outdo someone else. It is a function of our ever-changing, advanced tech, competitive society.

It's just not worth it, folks. Condolences to Fredzania's family and fiance.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Shin Masamura is offline Him who is without syntax cast out the first pronoun.
    Condolences to Fredzania's family and fiance.. Sad and hopefully people can avoid these things in the future...
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? Abducted Jan. 24th, 2006
    http://jenniferkesse.com/
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79260

Youtube Video I Made...
    http://youtu.be/7O9roF3Gmuk

Heaven help us, I think I've heard it all, now this. Just unreal, what a senseless waste.

What a sad loss...of two lives.

A precious son without his Mommy. I don't know who had the grand idea to pose on the tracks, but if a professional photographer did, wonder if they could be held liable in any aspect? What an awful way to die.
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    A precious son without his Mommy. I don't know who had the grand idea to pose on the tracks, but if a professional photographer did, wonder if they could be held liable in any aspect? What an awful way to die.
    BBM
    Just FYI. I don't believe the 7-year-old is Fredzania's child; he is only her fiance's son, to my understanding. But, yes, it's an awful way to die.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

How horrible. Beautiful girl. Condolences to her loved ones.

How could they not hear the trains? I live next to formerly abandoned tracks. Trains started running again a year ago and I can hear it well before it passes us. If you're on the tracks you can feel the train coming! How did the photographer survive?
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    How horrible. Beautiful girl. Condolences to her loved ones.

How could they not hear the trains? I live next to formerly abandoned tracks. Trains started running again a year ago and I can hear it well before it passes us. If you're on the tracks you can feel the train coming! How did the photographer survive?
    My grandparents lived near a railroad track and when we visited, we were awakened at night by the loud whistle and rumbling of a passing train. Even where I live now, a train passes through on a track just down the road a couple of times a day. I can always hear it in the distance and feel the vibration.

I suppose the noise of the second train may have been disguised by the rumbling of the first train.
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    2Hope4, I thought some more about what you said while I was in the shower, and I may have misunderstood. The whole situation is devastating enough as is, so I didn't want you to also be upset thinking the 7-year-old lost his birth mother.

But, Fredzania was probably like a second mother to her fiance's son. And, for all we know, she may have been the only mother figure he had. Okay, go ahead and cry.
    - Henry David Thoreau

Taking photos on a railroad is really dangerous. Trains take long to stop.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941