Recovered/Located GA - Adormi Harris, 11, & Amani Turner, 3, Clayton County, 16 March 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Adormi Harris, 11, and Amani Turner, 3, were last seen on Sterling Ridge Drive.

Their caregiver went into their room to check on them at approximately 12 a.m. after putting them to bed at approximately 11 p.m. on March 16, 2017.

The caregiver told investigators after searching the home for the girls, she discovered her purse, two cell phones, vehicle keys and a tablet had been taken.

"The caregiver also discovered that a stop stick which had been put in place to secure the door, had been removed and placed to the side."

Harris is described as an 11-year-old female who is four feet nine inches tall, weighs approximately 101 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes. Harris suffers from PTSD, anxiety and insomnia.

Imani is described as a black female, 2'6", 30 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing pink stretchy pants.

Both girls are likely not wearing any shoes.

missinggirls_20170317075550674_7550056_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

clayton%20police_1489744352208_2896383_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cla...r-2-missing-girls-in-clayton-county/503456071
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/242219048-story

PTSD? Poor baby.

Are these girls non-related to one another but perhaps in foster care? Hence "caregiver"?

Or perhaps they ARE siblings and a parent who lost rights broke in to steal them back?

Not enough info yet....

I am now wondering if the 11-yo might have grabbed the 3-yo, purse, phones, tablet and keys (but I am assuming not the car?) in an attempt to run away?

Sounds like what an 11-yo child might grab when running away......

PTSD? Poor baby.

Are these girls non-related to one another but perhaps in foster care? Hence "caregiver"?

Or perhaps they ARE siblings and a parent who lost rights broke in to steal them back?

Not enough info yet....

From the second link:
"According to police, Adormi's mother put the girls to bed around 11 p.m. Thursday, and then went to bed herself. She woke up around midnight and went to check on her daughter and grand-niece, but the girls were gone. "

If the 11 yr old voluntarily left with the 3 yr old, she had to have some help. I cant imagine she'd leave at midnight with a toddler, having no plan , no place to go.

Why does that poor child have PTSD at age 11? :candle:

Although investigators don’t suspect foul play, the girls’ disappearance launched an urgent door-to-door search using police dogs.

Officials have set up a command post and are checking with relatives and other people to determine where the girls could have gone.

“As soon as daybreak comes we’re going to start another organized ground search, hit every house, every backyard in this general area, and hopefully come up with these two", officials said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/girls-missing-from-clayton-county-home/iSANrwFtMBmQjB34nNV98H/

[h=1]Search for 2 missing young girls expands[/h]
Police expanded their search as the morning turned into afternoon, which included multiple agencies, from Highway 85 to Flint River Road.

Since early Friday morning, police have searched on foot, with a bloodhound, knocking door to door throughout the neighborhood and from above via a helicopter.

This is so heartbreaking.
I wonder if the 11 year old thought the house was going to burn and left to go to some place safe. Like dads, cousins, aunts or any other close friend?
I hope they are food soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77