1334 users online (201 members and 1133 guests)  

Websleuths News

New Zealand police fatally shoot airport security dog

Named Grizz, the dog was being trained to detect explosives by New Zealand's Aviation Security Service and was about six months from graduating.
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...y-dog-46196413

This undated photo provided by the Aviation Security Service of New Zealand shows Grizz, a 10-month-old trainee security dog. Police shot dead a trainee security dog after it escaped its handler and ran onto the tarmac at Auckland, New Zealand, airport early on Friday, March 17, 2017, according to local media reports. (Aviation Security Service of New Zealand via AP)

So sad. Grizz was such a handsome dog. I've heard of dogs getting loose on the tarmac before, but with better results. Was there no other solution in this case?
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    So sad. Grizz was such a handsome dog. I've heard of dogs getting loose on the tarmac before, but with better results. Was there no other solution in this case?
    Dog was cute but sure sounds like he wasn't suited for work at the airport if he kept running from everyone.
    An obedient dog should presumably just come if called by a trainer.
    Regardless, why did they have to shoot the dog?
    Just my opinion