996 users online (124 members and 872 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NV - Jamie O'Rourke, 44, found murdered, Las Vegas, 1 Nov 2005

They all thought he did it.

The homicide detectives. The jail guards. Even his mother-in-law.

No matter what Lawrence "Larry" O'Rourke told them, they all thought he was a killer.

O'Rourke could not remember what happened in his apartment that night in early November, but he was not the one who killed his wife. She was the only woman who ever made him feel whole.

But the police had the evidence and their man. They had little reason to question their case until Tuesday, when a man walked into a Salvation Army 500 miles away and asked for a bus ticket to Las Vegas. The man said that he had done something bad and that the wrong man was paying for it.

O'Rourke's lawyers at the Clark County special public defender's office celebrated the news.

O'Rourke will be able to die "with a much clearer mind and clearer heart," said Randy Pike, assistant special public defender.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...s/4688763.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The very end of the story had me going for a hanky.

I hate to say it, but I would have thought him guilty as well. I'm glad he's not though, and I'm glad he will get to die in peace. How sad.

My Brother

My name is Michael, brother of Larry O'Rourke. He told me in person and thru letters he wrote me, that he was innocent. Larry has always been honest to me.

We came from an orphanage, much like Boys Town (the movie). After custody was given back to my Dad, by the time we were of legal age, we moved about 50 times. My Dad was / is an alcoholic and remarried many times. We never knew our Maternal family. And when we found our Mom in 1997, the truth came out. The maiden name my Mom used on our birth certificate was made up. There was never one person I could find with that name, in the entire world.

Larry found "family" with people in the street. He was able to clean up for about 15 years and became a registered nurse for that time period. Then Larry became sick and could no longer work. He was not expected to make it to the year 2000 but indeed he survived.

Although very ill, Larry just kept surviving his health issues. The good news is that Larry survived every negative situation anyone could think of. But this latest tragedy, where he lost his wife, then being charged with murder just seem to zap his energy, his will to survive. Yes Larry was released and he was glad that his name was cleared! But after getting out of jail, the loss of Jamie Lee, just seemed to crush him, every moment of the day.

Larry O'Rourke passed away on Jan 09, 2006. I'm sad to say that Larry died where he wanted to. In the streets. He was found on a street corner with his suitcase, having a medical emergency. An ambulance took him to a local hospital, where he died five hours later. Larry had a tattoo on his chest that read: DO NOT RESUSITATE... Larry died of cardiac arrest. I miss my brother very much. We were dealt the same cards but Larry suffered the hardest of times. My Mom did not visit Larry because of her dog and my Dad never called or made arrangements to visit Larry. So I can understand why Larry seem to find "family" amongst the street people.

I obtained the number where he stayed the weekend before he died and the couple that were friends with him told me that Larry used his medical knowledge to help them, even to the day he died. Apparently the man is bed ridden and the lady is in a wheel chair.

I talked to Larry the night before he died AND he kept telling me to take good care of myself AND he also said he did not think he would make it thru the night. I don't talk to my Dad and choose not to talk with my Mom. Only wish I could talk with Larry. Only wished I could have saved him from the street.

Michael ORourke
    Last edited by MJAY; 01-14-2006 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Heartfelt sympathy for you. Losing a loved one is so hard....and when it's a sibling,it's truly tortuous. I hope you have gentle,easy memories to comfort you.

Michael,

I am so so sorry for the loss of your brother. My prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Michael, thank you for coming here and posting. I am so sorry to hear about Larry. Many of us have read Larry's story and it has touched all of us.
    Sadly, I can identify with the way your brother felt.
    But from the way you describe the last time you talked with him, I think he knew and understood how you felt. He wasn't concerned about himself, but he was concerned about you. He sounds very loving, and a wonderful brother.
    How are you doing? I think it is clear from what you have said about your brother, that he would want you to survive and go on. To have a full life. I hope that is so.
    One thing you can do, is stand in for your brother when Mundlin-Rindfliesch goes to trial. Stand with her family as Larry would have done. Speak as he would have spoken. Tell the court what the impact this guy had on your brother.
    And take care of yourself, cause that is what he wanted. Remember the good things, not the things that happened before he died.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Confessions of an admitted killer

Dec 15, 2005
    He's accused of letting another man take the heat for his crime. Now Charles Mundlin-Rindfleisch is talking to News 3. He killed a woman then left the state, letting her husband take the fall for the crime.

What started out as robbery turned into a murder. Jamie O'Rourke died and her husband Larry, a terminally ill man, became the suspect. Charles Mundlin-Rindfliesch managed to run without a trace.

"I never wanted anybody to die. Just trying to make it, get away getting the money."

And he admits he could've gotten away with it all. He went to Colorado where police may have never found him but his conscience finally caught up with him.

Mundlin-Rindfliesch was in court Tuesday. He was appointed a private lawyer because the public defender was assigned the case when O'Rourke was originally charged with the crime. A preliminary hearing is set for January 19th.
    http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4241643&nav=15MV

(((Michael)))

Thanks for sharing with us. Don't hesitate to talk about it here, there are a lot of good people here.

http://www.truthinjustice.org/

Many interesting cases at that website of wrongly convicted people.
    Retired 08/03/03

Michael,
    I am so sorry for the lost of your brother. I understand what you are going thru, I too lost 2 of my closest brothers one to terminal illness the other to a tragic situation.
    God bless you

Sincere Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom
    (((Michael)))

Thanks for sharing with us. Don't hesitate to talk about it here, there are a lot of good people here.
    I've read the replies and want everyone to know, the kind words are very helpful. Larry would have really appreciated the posts. It's true that I'm in lots of pain right now. And I guess it's only the beginning. Again, I thank Taximom and everyone else for the interest and support.

SPECIAL THANKS TO MYSTERIEW FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS!

Michael ORourke

You are quite welcome Mjay. Stop in anytime, I am sure will be keeping up with the trial.
    And for you personally, I also wanted to let you know. I have also lost a dearly loved brother. The pain does get bearable over time, though you will always miss him. It has been 16 almost 17 yrs for me, and I still miss him, and think of him often and what might have been.
    But it has gotten bearable.

I'm so sorry for your loss Michael. May Larry rest in peace.

JellyBean

Hi Michael,

I'm so glad you came here and told us of Larry's final days, as sad as they were. May God bless you and give you peace and comfort in knowing that you were able to speak with him, and let him know that he was loved.

I know God has a special place for those who suffer here on earth, in different ways. Your brother suffered not only physical, but emotional pain and God will give him peace now at last. Please take some comfort in knowing he's not laying on some sidewalk in the cold tonight, but is in God's Heavenly Kingdom with his beloved wife.

I'll pray for you all...God bless you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast