GUILTY NV - Jamie O'Rourke, 44, found murdered, Las Vegas, 1 Nov 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
They all thought he did it.

The homicide detectives. The jail guards. Even his mother-in-law.

No matter what Lawrence "Larry" O'Rourke told them, they all thought he was a killer.

O'Rourke could not remember what happened in his apartment that night in early November, but he was not the one who killed his wife. She was the only woman who ever made him feel whole.

But the police had the evidence and their man. They had little reason to question their case until Tuesday, when a man walked into a Salvation Army 500 miles away and asked for a bus ticket to Las Vegas. The man said that he had done something bad and that the wrong man was paying for it.

O'Rourke's lawyers at the Clark County special public defender's office celebrated the news.

O'Rourke will be able to die "with a much clearer mind and clearer heart," said Randy Pike, assistant special public defender.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Dec-08-Thu-2005/news/4688763.html

I hate to say it, but I would have thought him guilty as well. I'm glad he's not though, and I'm glad he will get to die in peace. How sad.

My name is Michael, brother of Larry O'Rourke. He told me in person and thru letters he wrote me, that he was innocent. Larry has always been honest to me.

We came from an orphanage, much like Boys Town (the movie). After custody was given back to my Dad, by the time we were of legal age, we moved about 50 times. My Dad was / is an alcoholic and remarried many times. We never knew our Maternal family. And when we found our Mom in 1997, the truth came out. The maiden name my Mom used on our birth certificate was made up. There was never one person I could find with that name, in the entire world.

Larry found "family" with people in the street. He was able to clean up for about 15 years and became a registered nurse for that time period. Then Larry became sick and could no longer work. He was not expected to make it to the year 2000 but indeed he survived.

Although very ill, Larry just kept surviving his health issues. The good news is that Larry survived every negative situation anyone could think of. But this latest tragedy, where he lost his wife, then being charged with murder just seem to zap his energy, his will to survive. Yes Larry was released and he was glad that his name was cleared! But after getting out of jail, the loss of Jamie Lee, just seemed to crush him, every moment of the day.

Larry O'Rourke passed away on Jan 09, 2006. I'm sad to say that Larry died where he wanted to. In the streets. He was found on a street corner with his suitcase, having a medical emergency. An ambulance took him to a local hospital, where he died five hours later. Larry had a tattoo on his chest that read: DO NOT RESUSITATE... Larry died of cardiac arrest. I miss my brother very much. We were dealt the same cards but Larry suffered the hardest of times. My Mom did not visit Larry because of her dog and my Dad never called or made arrangements to visit Larry. So I can understand why Larry seem to find "family" amongst the street people.

I obtained the number where he stayed the weekend before he died and the couple that were friends with him told me that Larry used his medical knowledge to help them, even to the day he died. Apparently the man is bed ridden and the lady is in a wheel chair.

I talked to Larry the night before he died AND he kept telling me to take good care of myself AND he also said he did not think he would make it thru the night. I don't talk to my Dad and choose not to talk with my Mom. Only wish I could talk with Larry. Only wished I could have saved him from the street.

Michael ORourke

Heartfelt sympathy for you. Losing a loved one is so hard....and when it's a sibling,it's truly tortuous. I hope you have gentle,easy memories to comfort you.

Michael,

I am so so sorry for the loss of your brother. My prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Michael, thank you for coming here and posting. I am so sorry to hear about Larry. Many of us have read Larry's story and it has touched all of us.
Sadly, I can identify with the way your brother felt.
But from the way you describe the last time you talked with him, I think he knew and understood how you felt. He wasn't concerned about himself, but he was concerned about you. He sounds very loving, and a wonderful brother.
How are you doing? I think it is clear from what you have said about your brother, that he would want you to survive and go on. To have a full life. I hope that is so.
One thing you can do, is stand in for your brother when Mundlin-Rindfliesch goes to trial. Stand with her family as Larry would have done. Speak as he would have spoken. Tell the court what the impact this guy had on your brother.
And take care of yourself, cause that is what he wanted. Remember the good things, not the things that happened before he died.

Dec 15, 2005
He's accused of letting another man take the heat for his crime. Now Charles Mundlin-Rindfleisch is talking to News 3. He killed a woman then left the state, letting her husband take the fall for the crime.

What started out as robbery turned into a murder. Jamie O'Rourke died and her husband Larry, a terminally ill man, became the suspect. Charles Mundlin-Rindfliesch managed to run without a trace.

"I never wanted anybody to die. Just trying to make it, get away getting the money."

And he admits he could've gotten away with it all. He went to Colorado where police may have never found him but his conscience finally caught up with him.

Mundlin-Rindfliesch was in court Tuesday. He was appointed a private lawyer because the public defender was assigned the case when O'Rourke was originally charged with the crime. A preliminary hearing is set for January 19th.
http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4241643&nav=15MV

(((Michael)))

Thanks for sharing with us. Don't hesitate to talk about it here, there are a lot of good people here.

Michael,
I am so sorry for the lost of your brother. I understand what you are going thru, I too lost 2 of my closest brothers one to terminal illness the other to a tragic situation.
God bless you

Taximom said:
(((Michael)))

Thanks for sharing with us. Don't hesitate to talk about it here, there are a lot of good people here.

I've read the replies and want everyone to know, the kind words are very helpful. Larry would have really appreciated the posts. It's true that I'm in lots of pain right now. And I guess it's only the beginning. Again, I thank Taximom and everyone else for the interest and support.

SPECIAL THANKS TO MYSTERIEW FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS!

Michael ORourke

You are quite welcome Mjay. Stop in anytime, I am sure will be keeping up with the trial.
And for you personally, I also wanted to let you know. I have also lost a dearly loved brother. The pain does get bearable over time, though you will always miss him. It has been 16 almost 17 yrs for me, and I still miss him, and think of him often and what might have been.
But it has gotten bearable.

I'm so sorry for your loss Michael. May Larry rest in peace.

JellyBean

I'm so glad you came here and told us of Larry's final days, as sad as they were. May God bless you and give you peace and comfort in knowing that you were able to speak with him, and let him know that he was loved.

I know God has a special place for those who suffer here on earth, in different ways. Your brother suffered not only physical, but emotional pain and God will give him peace now at last. Please take some comfort in knowing he's not laying on some sidewalk in the cold tonight, but is in God's Heavenly Kingdom with his beloved wife.

I'll pray for you all...God bless you.

Michael, I'm sorry for your loss, I know this has to be hard on you. :( I am glad that Larry was cleared before he died because itwould have been so sad with him dying locked up. Please know that you and Larry are in my prayers.

Michael,

I'm so glad that you came here to share a little about Larry with us. Such a sad story. Murder is so senseless and causes so much pain. I'm glad that the killer did feel guilty enough to turn around and come back to confess and that Larry was released. That is very rare.

Larry sounds like a very special brother. It's clear that he was a caring and compassionate person. I'm glad that he had Jamie even if it was for a short time. They must have loved each other very much. I'm sure that her death took a lot out of Larry.

We do learn to live through the death of a loved one. I used to worry that I would forget the sound of my daughter's voice or the sound of her laugh or forget what she looked like. We don't forget though. Our loved ones will always and forever be a part of us. We learn to live with the pain of a loss and it does get easier as time goes by.

Take care of yourself and hang onto the good memories that you have of your brother and know that he isn't in pain anymore.

Charles Rindfliesch has a scheduled court date of Feb 21, 2007. The DA's Office has upgraded the charges to include what happened to Larry, which includes attempted murder and robbery too along with the charge of murder because of Jamie Lee death.

Below is an email (in part) I sent privately.... I'm not sure where to post the harm which has been happening to Kerry and myself. Please contact me with advice!

I need help!
Hello, My name is Michael ORourke. I found the websleuths website just a little over a year ago, when a search on the internet concerning my Brother Larry showed the link.

Everyone was kind with their posts, and it really helped me during my difficult times of dealing with what happened.

Please visit my website with an open mind, www.airhockeyplayer.com and then understand I've been in airhockey (the sport) for over 15 years as I claim to be the founder of CA airhockey.

Problem is, one year after my Brothers death - I was checking some websites and I went to the USAA's most used website and the below link shows what I seen. http://airhockeyforums.com/v-web/bu...opic.php?t=1235

Last July 21, I played in the San Jose, CA weekly tournament, I won first place and days later my girlfriend of 10+ years told me that she was sexually assaulted in the Golfland parking lot by the person who took third place that night. http://airhockeyworld.com/weeklyresults.asp?div=11

My point is, I won first place, went home, and when my sweetheart told me what happened, I took her to the hospital and police. Have not played since and what I see on the one year anniversary of my Brothers death is I'm not able to play in tournaments.

THE VERY SAD PART is these people have been retaliating against Kerry Swayze and myself for 8 years as a very similar thing happened in 1997, and when the Police did nothing the higher ups in the sport retaliated against us day and night, publicly. There have been other listserves which also shows the harm from the last 8+ years. USAA@yahoogroups.com

WHAT I NEED is someone who will help my understand the facts by putting the pieces together so I can make a coherent post. Kerry Swayze is disabled, PTSD and guess what, Michael ORourke (me) is also disabled. We have been most our lives yet these individuals just keep harming us.

I was at an emergency room on July 11 and they did EKG and Cat Scan because of the problems I was having. Is it a coincidence that on July 21 Kerry was attacked and FORCED to smoke "meth" before the sexual attack started? She has never smoked a cigarette in her life. Again, please look at my website. A picture of my Brother and I when we were at an orphange and smiling / also when I was 18...
www.airhockeyplayer.com/smiles.htm

Hope this is not overwhelming, don't know how this all relates to my Brother but Kerry and I seem to be in the same position as my Brother Larry and Jamie Lee were in. In fact, we are soon going to the hospital, because Kerry, myself and our dog have all been experiencing health problems. I plan on posting things about what has happened but want to do it with a post that does not go on and on. In July, Kerry and I were both weak and decided to play some challenge match's for excercise. Here's the link to show how the bullies treated us publicly: http://airhockeyforums.com/v-web/bu...opic.php?t=1080

OK, see how I can go on and on. But the truth is, this is only part of the harm. I don't know who to turn to, don't know how to stay sain. If you look at the facts OR HAVE ANYONE AND EVERYONE look at the facts, you will quickly understand. So I reach out to you and the websleuths friends to ask, please help two very kind indivduals who are continuing to be harmed and retaliated against, especially publicly.

PLEASE, PLEASE RESPOND (when you're able too)

Michael ORourke
(408) 825-3450
mjay@airhockeyplayer.com

I don't want to offend anyone, but I have to say the last post from MJAY sounds as if someone other than Michael wrote it. I understand the guy has been thru some very hard times, but what kind of help is he/she asking for?

I just don't want any well-meaning readers to get hit up for money or personal info which could be used for dishonest purposes.

Also, alcoholism is a disease which is hereditary, so it is possible that the reason MJAY's writing seems different is due to current substance abuse, and if that is the case, a person might do something he would otherwise not do such as trolling the internet looking to scam somebody. Please be careful who you trust!

Very important: I don't know if this is the case with MJAY!

The news article said that the safeguards in place worked.

No. Someone admitted to a crime. The safeguards did NOT work and an innocent man was going to die behind bars because of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back