1075 users online (162 members and 913 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central Texas by way of SW La.
    Posts
    285
    What a shame. Pretty girl. Prayers for her family.

  2. #32
    Looking around on Google, Leesville Rd. seems to be quite busy during the day. I'm not local, so don't know what it's like at night. But it's a simple two-lane road, and the crash was at an entrance to a subdivision. So it was not a highly lit area on Leesville Rd. itself, and if she hit the other car head-on, she must have been really impaired. Only one pair of headlights would have (normally) been visible to her. If you combine her condition with a head injury that was noticeably bleeding from the force of a head-on collision, then IMO she took off into the darkness in a state of shock. The passenger(s) in her own car were likely not able to say anything to her, and the driver of the other car had to stay put waiting for the police.
    Very sad, not a fate that anyone would expect for a 17 year old girl. My condolences to her family.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by GangaMa View Post
    Looking around on Google, Leesville Rd. seems to be quite busy during the day. I'm not local, so don't know what it's like at night. But it's a simple two-lane road, and the crash was at an entrance to a subdivision. So it was not a highly lit area on Leesville Rd. itself, and if she hit the other car head-on, she must have been really impaired. Only one pair of headlights would have (normally) been visible to her. If you combine her condition with a head injury that was noticeably bleeding from the force of a head-on collision, then IMO she took off into the darkness in a state of shock. The passenger(s) in her own car were likely not able to say anything to her, and the driver of the other car had to stay put waiting for the police.
    Very sad, not a fate that anyone would expect for a 17 year old girl. My condolences to her family.
    As I understand it, the girl in the passenger side also ran off, but apparently made it to safety because she was never listed as "missing". The boy in the back of her car was unconscious, so yes, he couldn't have helped keep Lauren there.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Very sad. It did seem likely that it was going to end this way.

    I wonder how the boy is doing who was unconscious in the back of the car.
    Sorry if any of this is repetitive, but here is some info:

    The backseat passenger is in the hospital with injuries, but appears to at least be stable. In this case, being left behind, unconscious, in the backseat of the car remarkably was a "good thing" because he was found immediately and 911 was summoned.

    Apparently, there had been drinking and partying, so the kids were not only impaired, but likely fearing punishment.

    Of course, fear of getting a DUI or worse has sent people running from such accidents, but reports say the driver also had a head wound. I know nothing about the passenger other than she apparently made it home.

    I am not why either of those two things alone didn't set off immediate, fuller-scale searches. It seems like a K-9 unit found the girl, Lauren.

    (All info is based only on what I have read in media, or heard from an aquaintance who lives nearby...)
    The truth is the light.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    4,097
    Two things, todays report said she was found 3 blocks from accident scene, and back seat boy has a couple broken ribs. Front seat passenger was located by Saturday morning.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    4,097
    JMO, but I'm thinking apathy by sheriff's office. Drinking partying kids, fled the scene, probably hiding out somewhere until sober. It doesn't seem as if law enforcement took it seriously until Sunday. There was a lot of local chatter starting Saturday evening, attempting to get up a search party for Sunday morning. What I read on the local sites was 'parents asking people to please come and help search.' Cops set a time of 8:30 Sunday morning for searchers to meet. I read the dog found her around 7:00 a.m., before the searchers went out. Guessing they wanted to get the dog in first, before other searchers scents. So why didn't they get that dog out Saturday afternoon/evening? No word yet on cause of death or time of death.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    637
    Kind of hoping she died quickly. So there is no guilt over not searching that evening.

    Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    6,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancy View Post
    I'm local as well. I just don't understand this at all. Seeing a young, injured person, especially if alcohol was suspected, running off to points unknown from the scene of an accident, would have created an emergency to search immediately and as zealously as possible. So many risks factors like exposure, brain damage, blood loss, etc. Can't scent dogs work at night in severe emergency?

    I just don't get it. She could have been in shock and not even known what she was doing. What a terrible tragedy.
    I agree about the shock possible concussion. My son and I saw what appeared to be a minor accident(no airbags deployed, cars still somwhat in line right after it happened during bumper to bumper traffic.
    The one guy got out of his car and started picking up pieces of his car and THEN he just laid down in the hot summer road. Possibly Shock?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    JMO, but I'm thinking apathy by sheriff's office. Drinking partying kids, fled the scene, probably hiding out somewhere until sober. It doesn't seem as if law enforcement took it seriously until Sunday. There was a lot of local chatter starting Saturday evening, attempting to get up a search party for Sunday morning. What I read on the local sites was 'parents asking people to please come and help search.' Cops set a time of 8:30 Sunday morning for searchers to meet. I read the dog found her around 7:00 a.m., before the searchers went out. Guessing they wanted to get the dog in first, before other searchers scents. So why didn't they get that dog out Saturday afternoon/evening? No word yet on cause of death or time of death.
    I read the dog found her trail, but by the time they were following that trail, a homeowner had discovered her remains and was flagging down LE to tell them that.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    The thing is, family and LE had from about midnight Friday - Sunday morning where they weren't seriously searching. Being a parent of adult children and remembering teenage years, I think it's likely LE and the family were kind of giving her a break to sober up before they located her at a friend's house. They were sort of looking the other way for a bit.

    How very, very sad that she needed to be located. This is a connected community. I think if the family cried out for help from neighbors, they could have gotten a dawn patrol going Saturday morning and would have found her by Saturday noon. She was on the edge of a property in the neighborhood. Coulda woulda shoulda. This will haunt them forever, sadly.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    JMO, but I'm thinking apathy by sheriff's office. Drinking partying kids, fled the scene, probably hiding out somewhere until sober. It doesn't seem as if law enforcement took it seriously until Sunday. There was a lot of local chatter starting Saturday evening, attempting to get up a search party for Sunday morning. What I read on the local sites was 'parents asking people to please come and help search.' Cops set a time of 8:30 Sunday morning for searchers to meet. I read the dog found her around 7:00 a.m., before the searchers went out. Guessing they wanted to get the dog in first, before other searchers scents. So why didn't they get that dog out Saturday afternoon/evening? No word yet on cause of death or time of death.
    The first person to search for Lauren was the state trooper who first came to the scene. He was looking to arrest her for the crime she committed of fleeing the scene. After 45 minutes of fruitless searching, he went to her parents' house at around midnight.

    When he attempted to contact them, no one came to the door, so he resumed his investigation.

    Within minutes of the accident neighbors were already at the scene trying to help the people who had not fled.

    Lauren's parents did not get involved in any of it until someone texted them a photo of the car after the crash, and then the sheriff's department assisted them as soon as they requested it.

    Both dog and helicopter searches were conducted Saturday as well as the dog search on Sunday.

    I could hear the helicopters from my house, and by 10 o'clock Saturday morning, all houses in the area (mine included) had received a call from the Sheriff to be on the look out for her along with a description of what she was last known to have been wearing.

    It is disheartening to know that there were people doing their jobs and out looking for her, and all they get is criticized. These were people who have had to live for many months with her driving them off the road, cussing at them, and flipping them off, yet they have expressed nothing but love and concern for her despite the fact she rendered the neighborhood unsafe for simple pleasures like riding a bike or walking a dog.

    I really don't know what you expect people should have done. In the months before the accident Lauren's driving was the subject of much discussion and some neighbors even talked to her parents about the behavior they were witnessing and offered suggestions on steps they might try to take to keep her safe. Then when her real hour of need came, they looked for her until she was found.

    One last note, her body was located at around 7 am on Sunday, so by 8:30 am that day, they were busy recovering her body, not lollygagging around.

    Part of what makes this story so tragic is not just the loss of life, but that there were dozens of people in the neighborhood who could see that an ending like this was more likely than not, and they were not able to save her from herself.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,381
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    I agree about the shock possible concussion. My son and I saw what appeared to be a minor accident(no airbags deployed, cars still somwhat in line right after it happened during bumper to bumper traffic.
    The one guy got out of his car and started picking up pieces of his car and THEN he just laid down in the hot summer road. Possibly Shock?
    There was the sad case of two young women inside of a moving motor vehicle. The driver ran off the road and hit an object which tossed her passenger into the field. She lived. She was attempting to make it back to the road when she walked into a live wire that had fallen during the car accident. Sadly enough, some tragedies are tragic accidents.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    47
    Welcome! I'm sorry that your first post is under such tragic circumstances. It sounds like a close community. I'm perplexed as to how she avoided any repercussions for such bad driving until her death. Were her parents unwilling -- or unable for some reason -- to intervene?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla View Post
    The first person to search for Lauren was the state trooper who first came to the scene. He was looking to arrest her for the crime she committed of fleeing the scene. After 45 minutes of fruitless searching, he went to her parents' house at around midnight.

    When he attempted to contact them, no one came to the door, so he resumed his investigation.

    Within minutes of the accident neighbors were already at the scene trying to help the people who had not fled.

    Lauren's parents did not get involved in any of it until someone texted them a photo of the car after the crash, and then the sheriff's department assisted them as soon as they requested it.

    Both dog and helicopter searches were conducted Saturday as well as the dog search on Sunday.

    I could hear the helicopters from my house, and by 10 o'clock Saturday morning, all houses in the area (mine included) had received a call from the Sheriff to be on the look out for her along with a description of what she was last known to have been wearing.

    It is disheartening to know that there were people doing their jobs and out looking for her, and all they get is criticized. These were people who have had to live for many months with her driving them off the road, cussing at them, and flipping them off, yet they have expressed nothing but love and concern for her despite the fact she rendered the neighborhood unsafe for simple pleasures like riding a bike or walking a dog.

    I really don't know what you expect people should have done. In the months before the accident Lauren's driving was the subject of much discussion and some neighbors even talked to her parents about the behavior they were witnessing and offered suggestions on steps they might try to take to keep her safe. Then when her real hour of need came, they looked for her until she was found.

    One last note, her body was located at around 7 am on Sunday, so by 8:30 am that day, they were busy recovering her body, not lollygagging around.

    Part of what makes this story so tragic is not just the loss of life, but that there were dozens of people in the neighborhood who could see that an ending like this was more likely than not, and they were not able to save her from herself.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevilla View Post
    The first person to search for Lauren was the state trooper who first came to the scene. He was looking to arrest her for the crime she committed of fleeing the scene. After 45 minutes of fruitless searching, he went to her parents' house at around midnight.

    When he attempted to contact them, no one came to the door, so he resumed his investigation.

    Within minutes of the accident neighbors were already at the scene trying to help the people who had not fled.

    Lauren's parents did not get involved in any of it until someone texted them a photo of the car after the crash, and then the sheriff's department assisted them as soon as they requested it.

    Both dog and helicopter searches were conducted Saturday as well as the dog search on Sunday.

    I could hear the helicopters from my house, and by 10 o'clock Saturday morning, all houses in the area (mine included) had received a call from the Sheriff to be on the look out for her along with a description of what she was last known to have been wearing.

    It is disheartening to know that there were people doing their jobs and out looking for her, and all they get is criticized. These were people who have had to live for many months with her driving them off the road, cussing at them, and flipping them off, yet they have expressed nothing but love and concern for her despite the fact she rendered the neighborhood unsafe for simple pleasures like riding a bike or walking a dog.

    I really don't know what you expect people should have done. In the months before the accident Lauren's driving was the subject of much discussion and some neighbors even talked to her parents about the behavior they were witnessing and offered suggestions on steps they might try to take to keep her safe. Then when her real hour of need came, they looked for her until she was found.

    One last note, her body was located at around 7 am on Sunday, so by 8:30 am that day, they were busy recovering her body, not lollygagging around.

    Part of what makes this story so tragic is not just the loss of life, but that there were dozens of people in the neighborhood who could see that an ending like this was more likely than not, and they were not able to save her from herself.
    Wow, how horrible. Thanks for sharing.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,703
    I was just reading about it here:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-woodland.html

    I wanted to see what WS had to post.
    Whenever I see stories like this, I pray it becomes a wake up call for behavior like this. So sad.

    My condolences to all.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe CA - Lauren Soriano, 32, San Francisco, 12 March 2017
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-13-2017, 01:15 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2017, 02:02 AM