Canada - Nathan Dumas, 7, slain, bank worker stabbed, St Catharines, ON, 17 Mar 2017

Daephine

Reaction score
I put this in the General Crimes forum (instead of crimes against children) because a female bank worker was stabbed.

Code:
[quote]

It was around 10:15 a.m Thursday when Whitney Dumas said she entered her home on Queenston Street. She was met at the door by her ex-boyfriend Justin Kuijer, who had his bags packed and was ready to leave.

Dumas found her seven-year-old son Nathan Dumas, who is Kuijer’s stepson, critically injured.
She called 911. About 10-minutes later Niagara Regional Police responded to calls of a stabbing at the RBC at 211 Martindale Rd.
Shortly afterwards, police began a manhunt for Kuijer, 43, of St. Catharines, for attempted murder in connection to the bank stabbing. Police say Kuijer is considered armed and dangerous and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Nathan was taken to the St. Catharines hospital in critical condition. Dumas said her son died Saturday morning.

The cause of Nathan’s death has not been released.

The woman who was stabbed was taken to the St. Catharines hospital with serious injuries and then transported out of the region. Police said Saturday the woman is in stable condition.

The man left the bank and drove away in a grey 2009 Pontiac Montana van with the license plate BYTE392.

Kuijer is described as a white man, with a thin build, trimmed beard and longer dark hair. He was wearing a black toque, brown leather coat, dark pants, boots and an orange hoodie.
[/quote]

IMG_2258.JPG

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017/03/18/seven-year-old-dead-manhunt-continues

Little Nathan has now died. :tears:

18991164_1489854272-5836.jpg

A man hunt is underway after an Ontario mother found Thursday her seven-year-old son brutally wounded in her St. Catharines home early Saturday.

The boy died Saturday, his stepfather is on the run, and the crime may be connected to a stabbing at a local bank that same morning. But police are not releasing how the child died nor why they’ve linked the investigations.

The NRP say a man entered the RBC around 10:25 a.m. Friday and stabbed a woman who works there. Police say the woman was deliberately targeted by her assailant, but are still trying to determine his motive.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/a-seven-year-old-is-dead-and-a-manhunt-is-underway-for-his-stepfather-suspected-of-a-separate-stabbing

Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of the Justin Kuijer or the grey 2009 Pontiac Montana van (Ont. BYTE392) he was driving, are asked to contact the NRPS immediately.
Justin Kuijer should be considered armed and dangerous. Should a member of the public observe or know the location of Justin Kuijer, do not approach him. Call 911.

http://www.niagarapolice.ca/en/news/index.aspx?newsId=a7c43cdd-77bf-4fc8-aa20-1da3a5735296

Here is a photo with a better image of the suspect's face:

310d7478-5752-4718-898a-7b49aadb44c5

According the Nathan's mom on her FB page, she says that her van has a decal sticker on the left hand rear window reading #ashleysimpson missing and murdered woman of Canada.

As mentioned above Kuijer took off in Whitney Dumas' dark grey 2009 Pontiac Montana van with the license plate BYTE392.

Please keep an eye out if you are in southern Ontario. Even though St Catherines is very close to the US border, I'm sure that one of the first things that LE did was to put out an alert to border agents.

wanted%2Bposter.jpg

What a horrendous story -- my youngest is that age now.

I don't see the husband/killer going far. I expect he'll take his own life -- hopefully the spree is over.

This is horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuijer is still on the run and LE plans to issue a Canada-wide warrant for his arrest on first degree murder of young Nathan. The good news is that the woman stabbed at the bank is in stable condition.

Police are looking for Justin Kuijer, of St. Catharines, and describe him as armed and dangerous. Police plan to issue a Canada-wide warrant for Kuijer on Monday.

"We do believe the victims were targeted," Const. Phil Gavin of NRPS told reporters.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/stepfather-of-dead-ontario-boy-7-wanted-for-first-degree-murder-1.4031800

Recently, justice was finally obtained on behalf of another little boy named Nathan and his grandparents in Canada, and now I hope there will be justice for Nathan Dumas.

A lot of questions:
Why was Kuijer leaving Dumas's home? If they hadn't already made arrangements for the 3 kids, I'm thinking it was a sudden breakup.
Was Kuijer employed? Was he recently dismissed from a job? I'm wondering if he had been employed by the bank he entered and if the employee he stabbed had been his supervisor/boss. In that case, maybe something that happened at work (embezzlement, perhaps?) also led to the breakup with Dumas. Just speculating/wondering.

Hoping the bank employee will fully recover and sympathies to Ms Dumas.

Dumas said she arrived at the apartment at about 10:15 a.m Friday and was met at the front door by Kuijer, her ex-boyfriend, who had his bags packed and was ready to leave.

The pair had been together for nearly six years, and Dumas had recently broke up with him.

“I said to him, ‘Well let’s go inside and talk about arrangements for our kids.’ We have three kids,” Dumas said in an interview with The Standard. “He asked for my keys to my van so he could go get a coffee. That’s when I went into the house and found my son.”

The cause of Nathan’s death is not being released by police for investigative reasons, said Gavin.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017/03/19/kuijer-wanted-for-murder-of-step-son

hope they catch this !@#$%^& quickly

Recently, justice was finally obtained on behalf of another little boy named Nathan and his grandparents in Canada, and now I hope there will be justice for Nathan Dumas.

A lot of questions:
Why was Kuijer leaving Dumas's home? If they hadn't already made arrangements for the 3 kids, I'm thinking it was a sudden breakup.
Was Kuijer employed? Was he recently dismissed from a job? I'm wondering if he had been employed by the bank he entered and if the employee he stabbed had been his supervisor/boss. In that case, maybe something that happened at work (embezzlement, perhaps?) also led to the breakup with Dumas. Just speculating/wondering.

Hoping the bank employee will fully recover and sympathies to Ms Dumas.

As mentioned in the media, Justin had a "professional relationship" with the woman he stabbed at the bank. From what I've read on social media, the woman was the family's mortgage broker. (Please take this as rumour.) Whether there was another aspect to the relationship, I haven't seen anything. Who knows what was going through the mind of this monster.

As mentioned in the media, Justin had a "professional relationship" with the woman he stabbed at the bank. From what I've read on social media, the woman was the family's mortgage broker. (Please take this as rumour.) Whether there was another aspect to the relationship, I haven't seen anything. Who knows what was going through the mind of this monster.
Okay. So, that eliminates a work-related incident. Sounds like Dumas gave him some notice (didn't just kick him out of the house on a whim) and he was probably looking to buy a house of his own. Perhaps? Maybe time ran out for him to find another place to live, supposing Dumas gave him a target date, and he blamed the broker. JMO

It's especially chilling to think of what he did to Nathan and why. Did he return home all bloody from the bank stabbing and Nathan (described as a old soul) began questioning him? I've known young children like that--they're like little adults, drilling or correcting adults. I knew one family in which their young daughter (6, IIRC) was like that, and the dad said she was like having a second wife. :laughing:That was so funny! Being described as an old soul, I can imagine Nathan being very cute and funny. I just hate that his terrible sf didn't appreciate him and could take his life like that. OTOH, if Nathan was the only one of the 3 children between Kuijer and Dumas who was not Kuijer's biological child, it's possible he killed Nathan to spite Dumas. I can't understand how some could consider a child nothing more than a pawn and so heartlessly take the child's life. It makes me so angry! :mad:

IF it's true that Kuijer had no place to live, and he knows he's wanted for murder and attempted murder, I do think he's likely to commit suicide. I just hope he doesn't have more people on his "hit" list.

All MOO

I believe that the timeline is that Nathan's mother arrived home, walked in and called 911. It wasn't until at least another 10 minutes before the bank reported that a person walked in and stabbed someone. I think Nathan's stabbing occurred first. JMO

I believe that the timeline is that Nathan's mother arrived home, walked in and called 911. It wasn't until at least another 10 minutes before the bank reported that a person walked in and stabbed someone. I think Nathan's stabbing occurred first. JMO
You're right. I went back to the first article and re-read. I don't know why I thought it was the other way around. 10 minutes isn't much time. That would mean Kuijer likely killed Nathan to hurt his mother. :(

Correcting my own post here.....
I should have said Nathan's attack (as opposed to stabbing) occurred first. LE has been careful to say that they don't want to release how he was fatally injured. I don't know that he was stabbed.

If Whitney had broken up with him that can be the most fatal time for a person who has been abused. Not sure if she was being abused but abusive men will kill the child or children and sometimes not the partner to make them feel the pain everyday.

Poor Nathan. :(
Hoping LE catches this freak before he can hurt even more others.

I wonder if he was trying to get a mortgage to possibly save his marriage. Like look what I did for us. Idk jmo or thoughts or whatever. Sad. I wonder where mom and the other kids where when this happened. I'm assuming the other kids are his maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back