Recent missing young girls in the news, December 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
There are children whose names have popped up recently in the news, and the people "suspected" of knowing what happened to them might be the older men in their lives: the step father, the father, the mother's boyfriend....

Here's a list of the 4 missing beautiful little angels, brief descriptions and a few notes from news articles. The last note, however, is just a recent piece of news that has come forward, and may have nothing to do with the missing Omaha girl at all. It's too soon to make any conclusions, but did these father figures harm the young girls who may have needed them to be role models in their lives?

****************************************************************************************************************

:angel: Teketria Buggs, 12, is a black female, about 4 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 95 pounds. She has black hair, brown eyes, and light brown skin. She was last seen wearing a red and white long-sleeved pullover shirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes.

"At the Orchard Volunteer Fire Department, which serves as the command center for volunteers and officials still searching for missing 12-year-old Teketria Buggs, family and friends of the young girl wait patiently for any sign of news that "Teeky Bug," as they call her, is alive and well.

Laronald Foy, Buggs' mother, said there have been no new developments or leads in the search since her daughter disappeared early Saturday morning.

However, Chief Deputy Craig Brady of the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, said Buggs' stepfather, Steven Carrington, 31, has become a suspect in her disappearance.

More: http://www.herald-coaster.com/artic...ry/topstory.txt

****************************************************************************************************************

:angel: Adre-anna Jackson, 10, vanished on her way to school Friday morning. She is described as 4-foot-7, weighing 78 pounds, with reddish blonde hair, last seen wearing a heavy black jacket, blue shirt, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.

"Police are talking to Adre-Anna Jackson's stepfather, who was the last person to see her, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported.

Jon Federici said he last saw her on Friday, as she was walking from their apartment in Lakewood to school.

Federici was arrested in 2002 and charged with third-degree assault for allegedly punching Jackson and pulling her hair during an argument.
Jackson reported Federici "smacked her in the head and scratched her face," according to court documents. He was convicted on a reduced charge of misdemeanor assault.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/5492392/detail.html#

:angel: Aarone Thompson, a 6 year-old, was last seen near her home wearing a white sweater, sweat pants and a gray hooded zip-up sweat jacket during cold, stormy weather.

Police named Lowe and [her father] Thompson "persons of interest" when the police announced Nov. 17 that they believed Aaroné was a homicide victim.

More: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_3282198?s

:angel: Amber Harris,
a 12-year-old from Omaha, disappeared a week ago and police and her family are hoping for a breakthrough in their search.

“The search continues for 12-year-old Amber Harris, who disappeared after she got off her school bus on Nov. 29, but questions have arisen about her father's troubled past.

Court records indicate Michael Harris spent five years in prison for sexual assault. His wife, Melissa, said he's paid for his crime, and the attention should be on finding their daughter.

Court documents show Michael Harris and two others raped a woman 22 years ago. According to his wife, he also has at least three arrests for driving under the influence.

More: http://www.ketv.com/news/5495627/de...ss=oma&psp=news

I think it is much too frequent that these kids go missing or are found severely abused. I think there is a pattern and I think more education is needed to recognize the potential for crime. I believe we spend way too much money for wars and pork barrel issues and fail at home. Politics is not serving us and future generations are becoming severely compromised. When the pattern is exercised over and over than over and over it will happen again. It becomes generational. This is where healthy adults become in the minority. I believe the problem is more serious than we could even think.

concernedperson said:
I think it is much too frequent that these kids go missing or are found severely abused. I think there is a pattern and I think more education is needed to recognize the potential for crime. I believe we spend way too much money for wars and pork barrel issues and fail at home. Politics is not serving us and future generations are becoming severely compromised. When the pattern is exercised over and over than over and over it will happen again. It becomes generational. This is where healthy adults become in the minority. I believe the problem is more serious than we could even think.
I absolutely agree. Father's need to be role models for their children just as much as mother's do. Parenting should be taken more seriously than it is and family values should be a bigger issue for this country. :(

The last one is interesting in that it's the girl's biological father. It's mostly always mom's boyfriend or new hubby, not the bio father that hurts/kills the child.

Ang50 said:
It's mostly always mom's boyfriend or new hubby, not the bio father that hurts/kills the child.
I would disagree on that. I've got a lot of cases on my site where a child is believed to have been killed by a biological parent. I think the reason it's often the mother's boyfriend is because in many of those cases, the biological father is not present in the child's life. You have to suspect everyone who is close to the child.

meggilyweggily said:
I would disagree on that. I've got a lot of cases on my site where a child is believed to have been killed by a biological parent. I think the reason it's often the mother's boyfriend is because in many of those cases, the biological father is not present in the child's life. You have to suspect everyone who is close to the child.
I'm not saying that kids aren't victimized by bio parents. And you've seen more cases than I. However, off the top of my head on most of the cases I can think of, a significant majority are mom's BF/stepfather. Most of them that I saw in court this summer were boyfriend, not dad. And yes, part of the reason is b/c dad isn't in the kid's life at all.

Well we know now that one of the perpetrators is the step father.

Poor little Teeky Buggs :( Rest in Peace little Angel.

Let's pray the other three Angels are Found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back