Very Strange Story/Note from 1985 Found in Butt of Gun

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is a mystery that may be a real thing or it may be Fake News.

A gentleman cleaning his gun found a note stuff in the butt of the gun about a suicide the writer claims was murder.

It was first posted on my Facebook page and in turn, I posted this on Websleuths Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Websleuths-311461642390611/

There is another picture of the butt of the gun where the note was found.

Here is an article about the suicide

https://newspaperarchive.com/farmington-daily-times-jun-22-1985/

Please do not put up contact information for Bill the man who signed the note. I am working on that end of it and seeing if I can contact
the correct one. The last thing we need are 10 thousand people calling to ask about the suicide.

I'll work on contacting this person and you please see if you can figure out if this is fake or not.

If you come accross personal info do not post it. Please PM me or send it to my email triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thanks,

Tricia

Attachments

• Suicide.jpg
    Suicide.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 522
Someone just messaged me and said Bill has been found and he is commenting. That's all I was told.

If you happen to come across where Bill, the man who wrote the note, is commenting please feel free to post here.

I only have what was posted on my Facebook page so I could be way behind the story.

However, there is no doubt you all will catch me up. :)

Tricia

Well that was quick.

Bill has been found and the story is true as far as the note in the gun.

Bill makes comments on this thread on Facebook. You have to search for them but they're there.

https://www.facebook.com/timmy.martinez.37/posts/1363514217048711

I will be contacting him later and ask him to join Websleuths. Maybe we can help this person.

Tricia

Wait. If you're trying to prove your father was murdered why would you get rid of the gun?

A very similar thing happened to my grandfather on the 70's. I feel him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fascinating, and I managed to find Bill's comments. Seems another son, Adam, has also commented but it's unclear whether Bill knows Adam. Anyway, marking my spot!

Wait. If you're trying to prove your father was murdered why would you get rid of the gun?

Just thinking - perhaps he was afraid the murderer would come after him. Two deaths might get more attention from LE. Although fearing for his own life would probably have been included in the note.

On the Facebook page of the guy who found the note (posted above) in the comments it states that the gun was stolen after the murder/suicide and was eventually bought by the now owners grandfather I believe. Not sure if true or not.

This has got to be one way to get a cold cases pulse going. Interesting to see where this leads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe the gun that contained the note wasn't the gun used. I made an assumption the note was found in the butt of some type of long gun.

The archived article said the gun found at the scene was a revolver owned by his mother-in-law.

Very interesting case. From the comments I saw son Bill wrote the note and another son Adam has commented. I haven't been able to get back into the comments with that thread freezing when I try to load them again.
Does anyone know why Bill has a different last name?

This is a really interesting story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail