1232 users online (230 members and 1002 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brothers Die in Crashes Just Minutes Apart

LOUISVILLE, Ky. Dec 8, 2005 Sheriff's deputy Andy McDowell was forced to live a parent's worst nightmare twice in a matter of minutes.

After he was taken to the site where one of his two sons was killed in a car crash early Wednesday, McDowell was driven past another fatal accident. Only later did he learn that the fiery wreck took the life of his only other child.

"You take the most unimaginable hell that a parent could be told and double that," Warren County Deputy Coroner Dwayne Lawrence said.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1386170
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    This is so terrible for this family ,2 seperate accidents a few minutes apart.
    and the dad was talking to one of them on their cell phone went they crashed.

So very, very tragic. i'm sad for this family. they can never recover from such unbelievable loss.

Rory McDowell lost control of his pickup truck coming out of a curve and the vehicle struck a tree shortly before 1:30 a.m., authorities said.

About 15 minutes after the first crash, Cory McDowell's 1984 Porsche veered off another rural road, went into a spin, struck a tree and burst into flames, authorities said.

How totally freaky is this? how bizarre and tragic, God Bless this poor Dad who lost both his sons senselessly

Is it at all possible that either the 2nd son to die somehow accidently caused the first crash or that he saw it and was so distraught that he also crashed? This just sounds impossible. How ? Good Heavens, the poor dad.

PS: I thought Paul's stocking would be in the burning fireplace Cass. Nice to see you've worked things out.

Unhappy

How absolutely horrible! I feel so bad for this family. I hope they have a strong support system; friends, spiritual, neighbors, who can help them somehow get through this.

I just read this story, and I was thinking too freaky. I was wondering if someone had something against these boys and messed with the wires in their steering or brakes?

There's no way this was coincidental ... if so, too freaky.

Prayers for the poor father.
    Last edited by PrayersForMaura; 12-08-2005 at 08:10 PM.

Given the number of car accidents - a coincidence is quite possible - this happens to tens of thousands (at least) of people yearly, given enough years it'll happen to two people who are in the same family that close together.

Unhappy Father loses 2 sons in separate accidents minutes apart

I found this on the CNN website. I can't even imagine the pain this father feels. He goes to one vehicle accident where is son is killed. On his way back he passes another accident 15 minutes later and learns it's his other son in a fatal accident. What are the odds of this happening minutes apart...unfathomable! He only had the 2 sons. If it had been me, I would just lose my mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/08/bro....ap/index.html

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Wasn't that a cruel, cruel twist of fate?
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Deeply heartbreaking!

This is one of those times, when the footsteps poem we've all heard is gonna be carrying this family.
    Prayers of comfort for them.

That is so heartbreaking. I couldn't even imagine, that poor man. I feel for him. They would have to put in the nut house. Just too sad.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This would be more than most could handle. My heart goes out to the father. They don't mention the mother, but my heart goes out to her, too.

oh i read this earlier today, i cant even begin to imagine what that poor man feels like. I am praying for him.......

Having 3 boys....when I read this story it killed me!!!!!! I can't even imagine!!!!!! I worry so much when mine will start driving....here in 3 years

Prayers for the family....oh so sad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast