Father loses 2 sons in separate accidents minutes apart

aussiegran

Reaction score
LOUISVILLE, Ky. Dec 8, 2005 — Sheriff's deputy Andy McDowell was forced to live a parent's worst nightmare twice in a matter of minutes.

After he was taken to the site where one of his two sons was killed in a car crash early Wednesday, McDowell was driven past another fatal accident. Only later did he learn that the fiery wreck took the life of his only other child.

"You take the most unimaginable hell that a parent could be told and double that," Warren County Deputy Coroner Dwayne Lawrence said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1386170
>>>>>>>>>>>
This is so terrible for this family ,2 seperate accidents a few minutes apart.:(
and the dad was talking to one of them on their cell phone went they crashed.

So very, very tragic. i'm sad for this family. they can never recover from such unbelievable loss. :tears:

Rory McDowell lost control of his pickup truck coming out of a curve and the vehicle struck a tree shortly before 1:30 a.m., authorities said.

About 15 minutes after the first crash, Cory McDowell's 1984 Porsche veered off another rural road, went into a spin, struck a tree and burst into flames, authorities said.

How totally freaky is this? how bizarre and tragic, God Bless this poor Dad who lost both his sons senselessly :(

Is it at all possible that either the 2nd son to die somehow accidently caused the first crash or that he saw it and was so distraught that he also crashed? This just sounds impossible. How ? Good Heavens, the poor dad. :(

PS: I thought Paul's stocking would be in the burning fireplace Cass. Nice to see you've worked things out. ;)

How absolutely horrible! I feel so bad for this family. I hope they have a strong support system; friends, spiritual, neighbors, who can help them somehow get through this. :(

I just read this story, and I was thinking too freaky. I was wondering if someone had something against these boys and messed with the wires in their steering or brakes?

There's no way this was coincidental ... if so, too freaky. :confused:

:(
Prayers for the poor father.

Given the number of car accidents - a coincidence is quite possible - this happens to tens of thousands (at least) of people yearly, given enough years it'll happen to two people who are in the same family that close together.

I found this on the CNN website. I can't even imagine the pain this father feels. He goes to one vehicle accident where is son is killed. On his way back he passes another accident 15 minutes later and learns it's his other son in a fatal accident. What are the odds of this happening minutes apart...unfathomable! He only had the 2 sons. If it had been me, I would just lose my mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/08/brothers.killed.ap/index.html

This is one of those times, when the footsteps poem we've all heard is gonna be carrying this family.
Prayers of comfort for them.

That is so heartbreaking. I couldn't even imagine, that poor man. I feel for him. They would have to put in the nut house. Just too sad.

This would be more than most could handle. My heart goes out to the father. They don't mention the mother, but my heart goes out to her, too.

oh i read this earlier today, i cant even begin to imagine what that poor man feels like. I am praying for him.......

Having 3 boys....when I read this story it killed me!!!!!! I can't even imagine!!!!!! I worry so much when mine will start driving....here in 3 years :eek:

Prayers for the family....oh so sad.

PrayersForMaura said:
I just read this story, and I was thinking too freaky. I was wondering if someone had something against these boys and messed with the wires in their steering or brakes?

There's no way this was coincidental ... if so, too freaky. :confused:

:(
Prayers for the poor father.

I thought i read in one of the reports the second accident may have come to pass because of cell-phone use. the second brother to die had learned of the first accident on his cell-phone and this is what may have caused him to lose his concentration.

I pray for this family. I pray that they have God in their lives, because they are really going to need faith to get through this.

I know someone who lost 2 sons within 1 month. One son was killed in a car accident, and 1 month later, the other son was killed in a hunting accident. The thing is, this couple has so much material-wise, but their hearts are broken and their house is empty. No grandchildren, ever. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

My own father died in a car accident when I was a child. When I was 22, I was in a serious car accident. I can tell you....it happens so fast, if you die, you never have time to think about it.

May God bless this poor family.

I found this on the CNN website. I can't even imagine the pain this father feels. He goes to one vehicle accident where is son is killed. On his way back he passes another accident 15 minutes later and learns it's his other son in a fatal accident. What are the odds of this happening minutes apart...unfathomable! He only had the 2 sons. If it had been me, I would just lose my mind.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/08/brothers.killed.ap/index.html

Unimaginably terrible things happen,
Once, for a while, I worked in an inner city Psych unit. A male co worker was admitted, suicidal, out of the blue. There is more **** but I cannot repeat it here. He is supposed to be nursed 1-1, nurse goes for a pee and tells no one as he'll be 2 mins- that is all it takes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inevitably as a co worker our "patient" knows the building, strides to the 13th floor and , without a moment of hesitation, walks off the edge:mad:

Later Mum and Dad were driving to the inquest, they planned to meet our patients brother there. They didn't. He had been killed outriight in a car accident. They lost their only sons. Terrible, terrible time:mad::mad:

Wow, a 3 year old thread returns! Thought I'd check for updates on the dad, here is a sad one:

(January 10, 2006) A Warren County Sheriff's deputy is arrested for drunk driving.

Forty-four-year-old Andy McDowell was pulled over by Bowling Green Police around 12:30 this morning.

Police say McDowell had a strong odor of alcohol, bloodshot eyes, and slurred speech. He said he had consumed a few beers and some prescription medication.

McDowell had just returned to his job at the Warren County Sheriff's office yesterday. He's been put on administrative leave with pay, until further notice while the incident is being investigated.

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/2176372.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back