• Now police have unearthed a postcard they believe was sent from London
• But experts say it was not Miss John's handwriting and the letter was a fake
• Double murderer Christopher Halliwell was a suspect but is no longer linked
much more, with pictures, at link above

Sally Ann John, 24, disappeared in September 1995

3D83E39500000578-4248422-image-a-2_1487757168394.jpg

Detectives revealed the postcard on BBC One's Crimewatch tonight
3E77DEAC00000578-4330706-image-a-4_1490047786650.jpg

The postcard reads: 'Dear Clive, Thought I'd write as I've heard you've been missing me and that you were rather worried something had happened to me. As you can see I'm in London now. But no one compares to you Big Boy, Love Sally, xxxxxx'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4330706/New-evidence-unearthed-20-year-murder-case.html

22nd March 2017

A POSTCARD that has been kept in a police store for more than 20 years now holds the key to identifying the person who killed Sally Ann John.

It arrived in Swindon three weeks after the former sex worker disappeared from the town’s streets on September 8, 1995.

At first glance it appeared to have been sent by Sally Ann herself, from London, to a male friend back in Swindon — proof that she was safe and living in the capital.

But on Monday night, detectives went on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme to reveal that the handwriting on the postcard is not that of Sally Ann John.

Wiltshire Police have put up a £25,000 reward for information that either leads to the discovery of Sally Ann John’s body, or to the successful conviction of the person or persons responsible for her murder.
---
Sally Ann was just 23 when she went missing. She was last seen at the Station Road junction with Aylesbury Street and Alexandra Road.
---
“The last sighting was at 10.50pm in Alexandra Road just at the junction with Station Road,” said DS Pocock.

“We know from weather reports that it was raining quite heavily and we’re appealing for anyone who may have seen Sally Ann that night, or who subsequently has received information about where she now might be, to come forward.”

He urged potential witnesses not to be deterred by the length of time that has passed since her disappearance, even if they have had information for some time and not previously contacted the police.

VIDEO: Detectives update Sally Ann John murder investigation after Crimewatch plea

If the writer of the letter knew the person/address to send the postcard to that would indicate they were known to Sally no? Just a thought.

If the writer of the letter knew the person/address to send the postcard to that would indicate they were known to Sally no? Just a thought.

Exactly.
Moreover, if the 'big boy' nickname is something personal that Sally called Clive and they now know that Sally didn't write it then it surely points towards this Clive, doesn't it?

I'm guessing they know who Clive is as you'd have to assume he 'received' it and called it in.
MOO

Exactly.
Moreover, if the 'big boy' nickname is something personal that Sally called Clive and they now know that Sally didn't write it then it surely points towards this Clive, doesn't it?

I'm guessing they know who Clive is as you'd have to assume he 'received' it and called it in.
MOO

Absolutely, all what you said.

It would not be the first killer who tried diversion technique by pretending to be missing person by sending letter back home, to friends or even himself trying to prove that person killed is actually well and alive... Of course person would called it in, this "prove of life" postcard, to authorities - trying for all searches for that missing person to be stopped...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back