1286 users online (209 members and 1077 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    Please let me wake up to good news tomorrow morning. A confession, an arrest, a LE update, LE press conference with positive news of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by DatelineFan View Post
    I don't know... It's possible. But I can say with certainty that even if I had no knowledge whatsoever of a crime like this, and the police questioned me, I'd be nervous as hell! Especially if it happened on my property. When I get that nervous I say some weird things. I get so flustered. So could be either, both or neither. Just another perspective.
    Add to that the camera and knowledge it will be on nationwide TV.

So, out of curiosity. I Searched for missing girls on the missing children's website in Indiana.. Holy smokes so many girls missing from all overt Indiana age 13_17..what if he's a serial killer and targets going girls and is making his way around. It's a girl missing every month from sept oct nov dec jan feb march.... It's unreal....could go farther back...

Quote Originally Posted by bmcquay View Post
    I'm curious how a man so drunk that he blacked out could possibly walk across that bridge without falling off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Continued drinking. I have a theory of accidently killing one & panicking. Trying to cover up, again in a panic & drinking to a state of blackout after the fact. I don't believe if it was RL it was premeditated. Some kind of escalation fueled by booze, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by apples12 View Post
    I am hoping to understand something and to learn about this site so that I can be a positive contributor. Am I wrong, or has there been a sweeping sentiment that no matter what develops, RL deserves sympathy? I do not understand why whenever someone puts forward a theory or observation, or a new way of looking at the evidence---while adhering to the TOS of this site completely---someone inevitably posts something saying, "well, I would do that" or "I have a ruddy face" or "how can you say that?". I mean, please....when people comment that he is an alcoholic...several people jump into action saying "maybe he just enjoys a beer" or "I would drink, too, if bodies were found on my property", or various other minimizations of the reality of this man's habitual substance abuse. I'm new here. This is the first case that I've been following. Is this typical ?
    I don't know what anyone else's reasons are, but I always try to err on the side of caution. Unless and until someone has been named a suspect, I'll sleuth them, but seldom accuse them directly or indirectly of any kind of invovlement in a crime. I could make a case against several different people, but that doesn't mean that I should. If I think I have any kind of actual evidence, I call it in. If I don't, I try my best to stick to working with facts that have been officially revealed. I know it's not my place to tell others what they can post, but I know that you can't take back something you say online (you can delete it, but the odds are that someone somewhere copied it), and I don't want any part of making an innocent person's life miserable. I think I tend to hang on to the fence too long at times and drive some people crazy, but I believe in "better safe than sorry." MOO
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

Quote Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
    Again - we are talking about the FBI, Homeland Security, the very best groups of people - in the world that are/have been working on this case! And they know that everyone is watching them. I'm sorry, maybe I'm blind, but I have total faith in the fact that these people are MUCH better at this than we are! And I don't think they are not giving this the absolute best they can (look at their faces at the first press conference!)
    Agreed! I still get a sense of urgency from all involved. They also continue to pull federal, state and local reinforcements. The article below is originally dated March 8 but ran in the south Lake County edition of the NWI Times this past Friday, March 17:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/r...15d75f715.html

Federal, state and local police agencies have come to the aid of the small community of Delphi, which [Portage Assistant Police Chief Uzelac said is best described as just south of the Indiana Beach amusement park and resort.

In addition to Portage and Valparaiso, other local agencies lending a hand include the Lake County Sheriff’s Department, the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, and the Gary, Hammond and Hobart police departments, said Bob Ramsey, supervisory special agent for the FBI’s GRIT [Gang Response Investigative Team] Task Force.

The local officers, who serve on several federal task forces, have been rotating in for a day or two to assist with the large number of leads the case has generated, Ramsey said. The officers began assisting shortly after the homicides, he said. .... "[A loaned officer] is going to be there as long as they need assistance from her," said Valparaiso Police Sgt. Mike Grennes.

Last edited by ElementalLaura; 03-21-2017 at 01:39 AM. Reason: make clear I'm agreeing!

Quote Originally Posted by kstephens98 View Post
    Or, he is saying "the girls" and it is sounding like "vi-girls". I do not hear any pause that would indicate he has suddenly caught himself saying "victim", which I would expect if that were the case. I think its more of an audio anomaly rather than a slip up. Jmo.

ETA: Okay, I rewatched it and now I can see a little pause and his eyes shift a little. Still think it probably means nothing to the case, but I definitely see it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    I thought he said, "the girls". I just can't hear the beginning of "victims" and I've listened to it several times. I guess it's kind of like the cars under the bridge, or not. Or the hat, or hood, or hair or whatever the heck it is, on BG's head.

Regarding that last bit, I can't imagine BG not wearing something over his head to disguise himself somewhat. So I do believe he must be wearing a cap, or a hood, or both. Also, didn't LE state he was wearing a cap? I'm not going back to look because I'm already going cross-eyed from looking at grainy photos that are starting to look like nothing more than some kind of bizarre Rorschach ink blots. So, retiring for the evening and praying for some news tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalLaura View Post
    IMO, he's already benefited from being everyone's grandpa due to what seems to be a slap on the wrist for two -- or is it three? -- drunk driving convictions. I know several Indiana people who didn't get away with probation and a suspended license (and a nominal court fee) for one conviction. Or who counted themselves lucky to make a 4-hour-RT every week to work off jail time in weekend increments -- at least they could work their M-F jobs. I didn't over sympathize with them and can't work up too much sympathy for RL sitting in jail for violating a probation that IMHO was a gift from the court.

I have occasion to drive in that area and don't appreciate knowing that habitual offenders like RL may be drinking and driving on a suspended license while sharing country roads with me. I don't wish that upon anyone. Even if the habitual offender resembles a soused and beardless Santa.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. JMO.

My Opinion Only, Of Course.
    I agree! There is a severe problem with alcohol - as per the courts. People keep forgetting that.
    For V V Patty. Will do the best I can to help rid them

Swear I can see his eyes here. Very close set.
    If this is RL..I will be going to get my eyesight checked asap

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matic View Post
    You ever drag a dressed out, 125 lb dear thru thickets, briars, over and around dead trees....in the dark? I have and would consider myself at 49, in much better shape that RL.

You missed my point. I'm not saying he's the Perp.

I'm saying, his words ( and tons of interviews) can be seen as his desire to stake the claim that the Murder happened on his property.

For Notoriety? Profit?

This was a day or two after it happened, how did he know it wasn't two men? Police were saying Guy or Guys.

Bodies can be dragged. 350lb bears are dragged by two men routinely in Maine, in Mountainous areas and Lowlands.

-
    Last edited by GhostGhost; 03-21-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemused View Post
    Appreciate the response, but how does a car drive in that terrain and through trees?
    I wondered that as well and have no idea if it's possible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridian View Post
    So, out of curiosity. I Searched for missing girls on the missing children's website in Indiana.. Holy smokes so many girls missing from all overt Indiana age 13_17..what if he's a serial killer and targets going girls and is making his way around. It's a girl missing every month from sept oct nov dec jan feb march.... It's unreal....could go farther back...
    Oh my goodness! This is just horrible! Have mercy!

Quote Originally Posted by dally_doodle View Post
    Sorry if this has been said before and for my horrible illustration. I've been trying to play catch up but this is one fast moving thread!!

Anyways, when I see this photo of BG I can't help but feel like the bill of his hat is bended A L OT. That makes me think this person is much younger than RL.

How does that make a person in the picture younger? I'm not following.

Quote Originally Posted by mpnola View Post
    With his hands in his pockets! Didn't happen, in my opinion

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Dont forget hes carrying a bag of booze also. Possibly smoking.
    Quite a feat for someone even half his age

Quote Originally Posted by mandy.maree View Post
    Dont forget hes carrying a bag of booze also. Possibly smoking.
    Quite a feat for someone even half his age

Did he police say definitively that this man on the bridge is responsible for the murders?

Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast