The cord and tape.

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
The cord roll and tape roll, from which the ligatures and mouth tape originated, were not found at the crime scene. The cord or tape were also not found used in any legitimate application in the house. This has the appearance, on the surface, that the cord and tape came and went with the killer.

An intruder taking the rolls with him, while leaving the ligatures and mouth tape, would have a criminal explanation: There's less risk in taking, and not leaving, the rolls because its easier for investigators to pinpoint the point of sale. There's less risk in leaving, rather than taking, the actual ligatures or mouth tape because it could link them to the murder.

When you consider the fact that killing a 6 year old is risky, and the killer has yet to be identified, its easy to conclude that no matter who the killer is, he's a risk-taker, that dealt with the risks to avoid detection. The killer decided at some point to leave the ligature and mouth tape, and take the rolls. This has the appearance of someone minimizing their risks.

Since both the cord and tape have an obvious criminal application, and since neither were found in a legitimate use in the house, it seems far more likely that these items were brought for the purpose of murder. It does not appear that on-hand items were grabbed to help make an accident look like a murder.

Neither the cord or the tape appear to have been on-hand items in the house.

so the tape and the cords were never found in the house but the paper the ransom note was written on was found in the house? you have to forgive me i am a little rusty about this case, its been awhile since i have read or followed it.....I am just disgusted that nobody has been found and charged with her murder, so sad...I dont think that PR killed her but i do think that there is a possibility that maybe they could have covered for burke?? Just my opinion, doesnt mean squat....:D

Those items were brought to the scene for the purpose of murder and the killer removed them to minimize the risk of being caught????....well isn't that just brilliant. Yet the killer FORGOT to bring the ransom note with him, so he sat down and took his time composing one:waitasec: Yeah okay.

Here we go again! Black duct tape is not an unusual thing. I just bought some a few days ago myself. It could have been used anywhere in the house or camping... ect. How do you know what type of tape was used where in the house? Maybe they only had a few strips of it left. There was only a small amount used on her mouth. The Ramsey's probably used up all the rope on her when they tied the child up. Do you start threads to see your name or something?:laugh:

Holdontoyourhat said:
The cord roll and tape roll, from which the ligatures and mouth tape originated, were not found at the crime scene. The cord or tape were also not found used in any legitimate application in the house. This has the appearance, on the surface, that the cord and tape came and went with the killer.

An intruder taking the rolls with him, while leaving the ligatures and mouth tape, would have a criminal explanation: There's less risk in taking, and not leaving, the rolls because its easier for investigators to pinpoint the point of sale. There's less risk in leaving, rather than taking, the actual ligatures or mouth tape because it could link them to the murder.

When you consider the fact that killing a 6 year old is risky, and the killer has yet to be identified, its easy to conclude that no matter who the killer is, he's a risk-taker, that dealt with the risks to avoid detection. The killer decided at some point to leave the ligature and mouth tape, and take the rolls. This has the appearance of someone minimizing their risks.

Since both the cord and tape have an obvious criminal application, and since neither were found in a legitimate use in the house, it seems far more likely that these items were brought for the purpose of murder. It does not appear that on-hand items were grabbed to help make an accident look like a murder.

Neither the cord or the tape appear to have been on-hand items in the house.
Why would the so called perp bring in non essential items( Jonbenet could have been quitened with his bare hands)and not bring the important things for a kiddnapping ie; the ransom note.

dingo said:
Why would the so called perp bring in non essential items( Jonbenet could have been quitened with his bare hands)and not bring the important things for a kiddnapping ie; the ransom note.
Exactly Dingo! :clap:

Linda7NJ said:
Those items were brought to the scene for the purpose of murder and the killer removed them to minimize the risk of being caught????....well isn't that just brilliant. Yet the killer FORGOT to bring the ransom note with him, so he sat down and took his time composing one:waitasec: Yeah okay.
That was my point, i didnt understand how everything else was brought in but the note....

Why even write a ransom note if the killer planned to murder her & leave her in the house all along???????????

michelle said:
That was my point, i didnt understand how everything else was brought in but the note....
I think we were posting at the same time, I was interrupted by a rude husband.

Can't he SEE I AM BUSY????????? lol

Linda7NJ said:
Why even write a ransom note if the killer planned to murder her & leave her in the house all along???????????
i never thought of that, good point...I just have such a hard time believing that PR killed her, although we all know what some parents are capable of, it just breaks my heart and patsy seems like she was really heartbroken everytime she talked about jonbenet it seems like to me anyway that she is believable, although in my opinion i would not rule out a cover up...I dont know, i dont know if we will ever really know what happened that night.....One thing that i never fully understood is when they were searching the house for jon benet and nobody found her the 1st time, then on the 2nd time they did, i often wondered if they meant for her not to be found and had her hidden down there so that maybe they could move her body later on?? I dont know it just seems fishy to search the house once and if your kid was missing i would leave no stone unturned and they obviously didnt look in the whole house or she would have been found the first time...

Linda7NJ said:
The ransom note has this other purpose, IMO, of delaying the parents or police from searching the house, which didn't happen for hours and hours. Even then JBR was discovered by a family member, and not by police.

I read JBR wasn't found until 1 PM, and police got there at 6 AM. That's seven hours where the police had opportunity to find JBR and didn't even look once.

That's because the RN said it was a kidnapping.

Linda7NJ said:
Better still,why leave the note behind after the murder.If i was the so called foriegn faction, the left over rope and tape would be the last of my problems.

Linda7NJ said:

How dare those hubbys of ours want to take up some of our time when we are busy, lol.......

Linda7NJ said:

A little message for that husband....

Holdontoyourhat said:
The ransom note has this other purpose, IMO, of delaying the parents or police from searching the house, which didn't happen for hours and hours. Even then JBR was discovered by a family member, and not by police.

I read JBR wasn't found until 1 PM, and police got there at 6 AM. That's seven hours where the police had opportunity to find JBR and didn't even look once.

That's because the RN said it was a kidnapping.
What reason would the FF have in delaying the finding of the body .The game was over.

dingo said:
What reason would the FF have in delaying the finding of the body .The game was over.
The FF probably used the RN to buy time to get out of the neighborhood. The police would be looking for a 6 year old girl.

Holdontoyourhat said:
The FF probably used the RN to buy time to get out of the neighborhood. The police would be looking for a 6 year old girl.
The ff done all the deeds without worrying about waking the sleeping family,but wanted time to 'escape' .Com on.Tell me HOTYH why didnt they take the body,FF had to exit the house anyhows ,it would make more sense to take the body.

Okay, this is not what I really believe but I'm going to throw it out there.
What if JBR's kidnappers were really going to kidnap her and
then she woke up and recognized them, figured out she was smart, and could
ID them on her safe return, even if they succeeded with getting the ransom
money so that's why they killed her and the whole plan went south? Thoughts?
I still believe it was a cover-up but I am really trying to be open-minded
about the intruder theory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff