Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
15-year-old Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas may be in the area of Decatur, Alabama.

She is white, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet 5 inches and 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings.

Thomas is believed to be in the company of 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a white male, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving a Silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag number 976ZPT.

ElizabethThomasMissingChild16x9_1489527855127_8971019_ver1.0.JPG

http://wate.com/2017/03/14/statewide-endangered-child-alert-for-missing-middle-tennessee-teen/
http://www.waff.com/story/34847631/endangered-tn-runaway-may-be-in-decatur-area
http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/statewide-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-teen/422561108

Thread #1

Witness at school considered Tad Cummins a ‘mentor,’ but reported seeing him kiss Elizabeth Thomas
Posted Mar 20, 2017
Updated at 9:47 AM

170317220019-05-tad-cummins-exlarge-169.jpg

Elizabeth Thomas growled at the student who reported her for kissing former Culleoka teacher Tad Cummins inside his classroom, her family told The Daily Herald, but otherwise the two had no contact with the witness after she turned them in.

Cummins was inside his classroom after school Jan. 23 with his grandson and Thomas, the girl told family members, when she walked in and inexplicably saw them kissing. Cummins and Thomas were sitting side by side in chairs and kissed on the lips as the grandchild, who also attends Culleoka, was using one of the classroom's computers.

"She was shocked and walked out of the classroom," a family member said. "She didn't expect that. She didn't know why it was happening. She thought of Tad as someone who really cared about his students and had a hard time with what she saw. She went home, told her mother, and knew what she had to do — report him the next morning."

Witness at school considered Tad Cummins a ‘mentor,’ but reported seeing him kiss Elizabeth Thomas
Posted Mar 20, 2017
Updated at 9:47 AM

170317220019-05-tad-cummins-exlarge-169.jpg

Elizabeth Thomas growled at the student who reported her for kissing former Culleoka teacher Tad Cummins inside his classroom, her family told The Daily Herald, but otherwise the two had no contact with the witness after she turned them in.

Cummins was inside his classroom after school Jan. 23 with his grandson and Thomas, the girl told family members, when she walked in and inexplicably saw them kissing. Cummins and Thomas were sitting side by side in chairs and kissed on the lips as the grandchild, who also attends Culleoka, was using one of the classroom's computers.

"She was shocked and walked out of the classroom," a family member said. "She didn't expect that. She didn't know why it was happening. She thought of Tad as someone who really cared about his students and had a hard time with what she saw. She went home, told her mother, and knew what she had to do — report him the next morning."

I have to comment again about the girl who reported what she saw. Her parents should be proud of themselves that they fostered a relationship with their daughter in which she could come to them to get help with what to do.

*snipped*

I think it's horrible that the girl who turned TC in is now blaming herself because the school didn't seem to take her seriously. This is in no way her fault! It couldn't have been easy for her to turn in a teacher that she considered to be a mentor...the school definitely dropped the ball here by allowing him to remain in the classroom after they were made aware of his behavior. They seem to justify it by saying that TC denied anything had happened, did they really expect that he would tell them the truth?

I have to comment again about the girl who reported what she saw. Her parents should be proud of themselves that they fostered a relationship with their daughter in which she could come to them to get help with what to do.

Agreed!! I don't know that I would've had the guts to do what she did when I was 12 years old. This girl is my hero.

I think it's horrible that the girl who turned TC in is now blaming herself because the school didn't seem to take her seriously. This is in no way her fault! It couldn't have been easy for her to turn in a teacher that she considered to be a mentor...the school definitely dropped the ball here by allowing him to remain in the classroom after they were made aware of his behavior. They seem to justify it by saying that TC denied anything had happened, did they really expect that he would tell them the truth?

A 12 year-old has shown more morals and noble judgement then anyone connected with this school so far.

I was abused in high school by the father of the child I was babysitting...I told my friend who also babysat for him. We liked the wife and just couldn't tell her. We both knew if we told our parents/especially our dad's that they would prob try to kill him and they both had heart problems.
What I'm trying to say is...this brings so many people into play if exposed. Some may not even believe you if you tell them.

ETA His crime with me was after he and wife had been out drinking and smoking all night...she insisted he walk me home and he tried to stick his tongue down my throat. I was 15 or 16 and grossed out.

Can't quote the post with the screenshot of the video since it's in the closed thread, but might this be the hair dye?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• clairol.jpg
    clairol.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,329
  • Hair Color2.PNG
    Hair Color2.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 2,317
I was abused in high school by the father of the child I was babysitting...I told my friend who also babysat for him. We liked the wife and just couldn't tell her. We both knew if we told our parents/especially our dad's that they would prob try to kill him and they both had heart problems.
What I'm trying to say is...this brings so many people into play if exposed. Some may not even believe you if you tell them.

ETA His crime with me was after he and wife had been out drinking and smoking all night...she insisted he walk me home and he tried to stick his tongue down my throat. I was 15 or 16 and grossed out.

I was the friend in a similar situation in high school. My friend used to babysit for this couple who married young because the wife was pregnant. My friend quit babysitting for them because the man kept coming on to her when he'd drive her home after her babysitting gig. We told no one.

The girl who had the courage to tell the adults what was going on is my hero, too. It was absolutely the right thing to do.

questions for all:

1)<modsnip>

2) both the lawyer's statement and the school report stated that ET inserted herself into the classroom. not the other way around. I get it, he's the perp, she's the victim. just wondering if anyone picked up on that fact...

3) 3 people on her side, one on his, made a public statement via one sentence in the past 7 days. not very "imminent danger" outcries, IMO.

IMO, MOO, JMO...thoughts?

I was the friend in a similar situation in high school. My friend used to babysit for this couple who married young because the wife was pregnant. My friend quit babysitting for them because the man kept coming on to her when he'd drive her home after her babysitting gig. We told no one.

The girl who had the courage to tell the adults what was going on is my hero, too. It was absolutely the right thing to do.

Qft

I must admit that I was not that brave as a young teen either. A friend and I where walking home from school when a man pulled up in a car and asked us which was the school was because he needed to get his son. We stepped forward to point to the school and he had no pants on. He reached out like he was going to open the door. We ran, he followed us for several blocks. We ran into a house and locked the doors. We never told anyone. We didn't think adults would believe us and thought we'd be in trouble.
So I agree that the girl who had the courage to tell should be applauded. She did the right thing!!

The girl who reported has really been the only hero thus far. She (or I guess it could be He) absolutely did the right thing.

I'm starting to question a few things on the things that her side are saying from family point. We know there was trouble here... i'm hoping beyond hope this isn't a 'lets complicate it to build the lawsuit against the school' thing. I do believe she went willingly per her IG and SM accounts. I also think as a 15 yr old she is just romanticizing everything...as most 15 yr old do. He took advantage of/groomed/manipulated her... however she continued to sneak to see him in school AFTER being told not to... Until she is bored or realizes this isn't going to work... i think she is being complacent with the hiding/travel. I'm just not sure that I believe some that is coming out with new family reports..... something isn't sitting right with me. JMO

Lets pretend that the brown hair dye was just a decoy so we'd all be looking for a brown haired girl now, I would say that he must've really went above and beyond planning this. He must've put a ton of thought into this and that makes this case even scarier. He could've easily taken her teenager style clothes and put her in a more adult looking outfit to help hide her age. SMH!
I'll continue to look out for her, no matter what her hair color. She has distinct eyes ! Her eyes are just beautiful. She also has a unique facial shape.
He really can't believe that he can pull this off forever, could he??????
Could he really think that be could keep her on the run forever? I hope not. They're going to run out of money at some point.
I really could've sworn that she'd be found by now! As the days go on, I'm becoming more and more concerned for her.

I'm starting to question a few things on the things that her side are saying from family point. We know there was trouble here... i'm hoping beyond hope this isn't a 'lets complicate it to build the lawsuit against the school' thing. I do believe she went willingly per her IG and SM accounts. I also think as a 15 yr old she is just romanticizing everything...as most 15 yr old do. He took advantage of/groomed/manipulated her... however she continued to sneak to see him in school AFTER being told not to... Until she is bored or realizes this isn't going to work... i think she is being complacent with the hiding/travel. I'm just not sure that I believe some that is coming out with new family reports..... something isn't sitting right with me. JMO

I'm also having the same feelings about her family and their recent statements. But it makes no difference to me right now because the main concern is still locating her because she is a victim, even if she went willingly. I do agree with you though and feel the same way about their statements. They seem a little too convenient and directly contradict her IG posts.

I was always taught, to be very observant of someone's clothing.
CT's clothing: AmberLee's post #1016, on pg 68, is very helpful. It is a nice big photo, of CT, looking at what may be, his phone. I hadn't noticed in smaller photos, or the 'shopping' video, that his camp cap, has what is either a velcro patch on the front (to easily stick on a flashlight, or headlight), or a small wearable Photo cell, to recharge a device. I can't be certain, but I think it is velcro. If google in shopping,
and search 'came cap hat tactical cap', you will see something very similar to his camp cap, on Ebay, and a few other places. Bass Pro Shops carry it. The hook & loop velcro patch, is promoted as being able to display your favorite flag. But lots of people use it for other purposes.

SABBM

Are you referring to the family member who said ET said to call 911 if she wasn't back by 6pm ?
Interesting.
Not saying they shouldn't sue the school--- but it's not like ET would ever see a penny of any monies granted-- even if it was for her therapy.
Also am still upset at the reports her mom was facing charges.

IMO

Not to mention, she's only 12!!

I'd be willing to bet that the TBI has been thru every computer and device that tad had access to by now.
I'm sure he's educated but I'm even more sure that the TBI can outsmart him.
Hopefully he's made some mistake online that can help point the TBI in his direction.
Surely he searched for a place to take her and maybe he even thought that he destroyed any evidence of the search but hopefully they can retrieve something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain