1074 users online (161 members and 913 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Romario Snow, 21, Santa Monica, 19 March 2017

Police search for autistic man who went missing after L.A. Marathon

Police in Santa Monica are asking the public to help find a man with autism who went missing after running in the*L.A. Marathon.

Romario Snow, 21, was last seen just before 2 p.m. Sunday near Ocean Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard, near the marathon finish line, according to the Santa Monica Police Department.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...320-story.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

GigTu is offline ♥ ѧѦ ѧѦѧ︵͡ ︵ѧѦ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ♥

From the article
    In June 2014, Los Angeles police said that Snow had gone missing in downtown L.A. At the time, they said he had the mental capacity of a 10-year-old.

His family found him bruised and dirty about three weeks later in Venice.

"I was scared a little bit ... I couldn't find my family," Snow told KNBC-TV Channel 4 in an interview. "I was homeless."

He could be harder to locate if he is one that paces/wanders around. My adhd possible aspergers syndrome is a pacer.

I'm thankful he has endured this before with a happy ending. I hope and pray this young man is found soon.

"Romario Snow, 21, was last seen on Sunday near Ocean Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard, the Santa Monica Police Department reported.

'He can speak a little bit, but to be able to advocate for himself, to say 'I'm lost can somebody help me?' would be outside of his abilities I think,' said Shannon Penrod, a family friend.
    Loved ones were especially worried because the marathon ended near the ocean.
    'It's so close to the water. This is a huge issue with individuals on the autism spectrum
    ,' Penrod said. 'The No. 1 cause of death for individuals on the autism spectrum is drowning. It is imperative that we find him soon.'" (BBM)

Literally steps away from the beach ... . I wish I could be there to help find this young man!

https://goo.gl/maps/xvVMHYNPPjt

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...#ixzz4bxznPQRF

"Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says "Oh crap. She's up."

GigTu is offline ♥ ѧѦ ѧѦѧ︵͡ ︵ѧѦ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ♥
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoLady View Post
    THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!
    Yay!!! Good News!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoLady View Post
    He was walking. My son does a lot of walking/pacing. Thankfully, my son has a job which requires him to do a lot of walking! Maybe, that is what started the marathon running for this young man.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    He was walking. My son does a lot of walking/pacing. Thankfully, my son has a job which requires him to do a lot of walking! Maybe, that is what started the marathon running for this young man.
    Yes. My neighbor's son is 24,and autistic, and he loves to walk long distances. It is getting harder for her to keep up so she had him join in the morning 'mall walkers' group. It is helping a lot because she can sit and he will walk a few times around the entire indoor mall and he loves looking at the window displays.

When I first came to this thread, I was hoping he was just on 'a walk' and was going to be found safe.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Yes. My neighbor's son is 24,and autistic, and he loves to walk long distances. It is getting harder for her to keep up so she had him join in the morning 'mall walkers' group. It is helping a lot because she can sit and he will walk a few times around the entire indoor mall and he loves looking at the window displays.

When I first came to this thread, I was hoping he was just on 'a walk' and was going to be found safe.
    After reading this I thought of my mom mentioning older parents at their church with a somewhat young daughter affected by downs syndrome and the concern who will look after her when the parents pass.
    Thankfully, my oldest son is becoming very independent.
    What about the other children that have a disability and are dependent on their parent? My son was a couple of years ago at the age of 25. We recently received help from Nobis Works in Marietta, Ga. for him...the best thing ever!
    Yes, Rambling before bed!