Found Safe CA - Romario Snow, 21, Santa Monica, 19 March 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police search for autistic man who went missing after L.A. Marathon
479x269

Police in Santa Monica are asking the public to help find a man with autism who went missing after running in the*L.A. Marathon.

Romario Snow, 21, was last seen just before 2 p.m. Sunday near Ocean Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard, near the marathon finish line, according to the Santa Monica Police Department.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-missing-marathon-20170320-story.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

:(

From the article
In June 2014, Los Angeles police said that Snow had gone missing in downtown L.A. At the time, they said he had the mental capacity of a 10-year-old.

His family found him bruised and dirty about three weeks later in Venice.

"I was scared a little bit ... I couldn't find my family," Snow told KNBC-TV Channel 4 in an interview. "I was homeless."

"Romario Snow, 21, was last seen on Sunday near Ocean Avenue and Santa Monica Boulevard, the Santa Monica Police Department reported.

'He can speak a little bit, but to be able to advocate for himself, to say 'I'm lost can somebody help me?' would be outside of his abilities I think,' said Shannon Penrod, a family friend.
Loved ones were especially worried because the marathon ended near the ocean.
'It's so close to the water. This is a huge issue with individuals on the autism spectrum
,' Penrod said. 'The No. 1 cause of death for individuals on the autism spectrum is drowning. It is imperative that we find him soon.'" (BBM)

Literally steps away from the beach ... :(. I wish I could be there to help find this young man!

https://goo.gl/maps/xvVMHYNPPjt

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...hing-LA-Marathon-416677393.html#ixzz4bxznPQRF

He was walking. My son does a lot of walking/pacing. Thankfully, my son has a job which requires him to do a lot of walking! Maybe, that is what started the marathon running for this young man.

Yes. My neighbor's son is 24,and autistic, and he loves to walk long distances. It is getting harder for her to keep up so she had him join in the morning 'mall walkers' group. It is helping a lot because she can sit and he will walk a few times around the entire indoor mall and he loves looking at the window displays.

When I first came to this thread, I was hoping he was just on 'a walk' and was going to be found safe. :skip: :skip:

Yes. My neighbor's son is 24,and autistic, and he loves to walk long distances. It is getting harder for her to keep up so she had him join in the morning 'mall walkers' group. It is helping a lot because she can sit and he will walk a few times around the entire indoor mall and he loves looking at the window displays.

When I first came to this thread, I was hoping he was just on 'a walk' and was going to be found safe. :skip: :skip:
After reading this I thought of my mom mentioning older parents at their church with a somewhat young daughter affected by downs syndrome and the concern who will look after her when the parents pass.
Thankfully, my oldest son is becoming very independent.
What about the other children that have a disability and are dependent on their parent? My son was a couple of years ago at the age of 25. We recently received help from Nobis Works in Marietta, Ga. for him...the best thing ever!
Yes, Rambling before bed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back