1015 users online (219 members and 796 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,529

    IL - Chicago Teen Apparently Raped Live on Facebook

    Don't you want to crawl back into bed and stay away from society when you read something this horrific?

    WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY????


    Chicago police located a 15-year-old girl who had been missing from the city's West Side since Sunday. Authorities said the teen was sexually assaulted and the attack may have been documented in a Facebook Live video.

    Facebook took the video down and police worked to identify several boys in the video.

    Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson was "visibly upset" after he watched the video, both by its contents and the fact that there were "40 or so live viewers and no one thought to call authorities," a police spokesman said.

    http://abc7.com/news/chicago-teen-ap...e-say/1811300/
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE











  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    7,174
    I saw this young lady's post in missing yesterday. horrific

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    481
    That is unbelievable! There is something seriously wrong with a lot of people.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    633
    This is horrible. And I can't help but wonder how many of the 40 viewers recorded it before it was removed. This poor girl. Praying she gets much needed counseling. I cannot believe no one reported it. WTH is wrong with people? SMH

    Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    35,885
    Facebook has since taken down the video, but she showed WGN four screen grabs that were too graphic to be broadcast or posted online. She also showed them to police superintendent Eddie Johnson as he was leaving a press conference at the Tenth district.

    http://ktla.com/2017/03/21/missing-c...facebook-live/

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...321-story.html

    "She was heinously raped, beaten and abused and assaulted on tape - on FB live. So whatever picture people want to paint of her - she was a chronic runaway or whatever - nobody deserves that. No human being deserves for that to happen to them," said Reginald King, the victim's relative

    http://abc7chicago.com/news/missing-...e-say/1810639/

    "I saw her face and the look on her face was just pure fear. And I, I just want my daughter home," said Stacey [redacted].

    http://abc7chicago.com/news/mother-s...-live/1810233/
    Last edited by tlcya; 03-22-2017 at 08:20 AM. Reason: redact parent name to prevent ID of minor
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,073
    I am no longer shocked at what people will do to others.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,174
    I constantly wonder when society became so uncaring and cruel. This poor girl, my heart truly goes out to her.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Facebook has since taken down the video, but she showed WGN four screen grabs that were too graphic to be broadcast or posted online. She also showed them to police superintendent Eddie Johnson as he was leaving a press conference at the Tenth district.

    http://ktla.com/2017/03/21/missing-c...facebook-live/

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...321-story.html

    "She was heinously raped, beaten and abused and assaulted on tape - on FB live. So whatever picture people want to paint of her - she was a chronic runaway or whatever - nobody deserves that. No human being deserves for that to happen to them," said Reginald King, the victim's relative

    http://abc7chicago.com/news/missing-...e-say/1810639/

    "I saw her face and the look on her face was just pure fear. And I, I just want my daughter home," said Stacey [redacted].

    http://abc7chicago.com/news/mother-s...-live/1810233/
    I was afraid people had recorded this. This poor girl.

    Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tlcya; 03-22-2017 at 08:21 AM. Reason: redact quote

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Poor girl SMH ! I'd love to reach out and give her a big hug

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I constantly wonder when society became so uncaring and cruel. This poor girl, my heart truly goes out to her.
    This, but also rape has happened forever. Technology just means we all know about it straight away and provides LE with absolute proof it occurred.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    This, but also rape has happened forever. Technology just means we all know about it straight away and provides LE with absolute proof it occurred.
    And people that would not physically do it, can watch as a voyeur, denying all moral responsibility.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

    Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

  12. #12
    It isn't a shock anymore what comes out of Chicago. Didn't they show a handicapped young guy being beaten and tortured on FB live a couple of months ago? #NotMyChicago

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeandacig View Post
    It isn't a shock anymore what comes out of Chicago. Didn't they show a handicapped young guy being beaten and tortured on FB live a couple of months ago? #NotMyChicago
    That's exactly what I was thinking about, the torture of that poor young disabled guy that was also recorded/broadcast over Facebook Live. Worth saying that a big group of folks raised money for him and his family after how appalled they were by the ordeal. Think a lot of the fundraising started at Reddit. Interesting to see social media used for some amount of good after it was used to heinously. I really hope Facebook or similar will look into this stuff and maybe add some sort of way to report crimes. I mean I know they have report buttons but that process is near useless and takes way too much time. Imagine if someone came up with a way, especially considering the live aspect, that these things could be reported to local law enforcement immediately. I imagine that's not impossible to do all things considered.

    Guess I'm just trying to find a positive of some sort. Really twisted that teenagers are committing crimes so brazenly and showing them off on social media. I can't wrap my head around that aspect in particular. And as a rape survivor myself, that poor girl. How much worse it's got to be to know the recording happened and other were watching and did nothing. Ugh. Heartbreaking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Aropizt View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking about, the torture of that poor young disabled guy that was also recorded/broadcast over Facebook Live. Worth saying that a big group of folks raised money for him and his family after how appalled they were by the ordeal. Think a lot of the fundraising started at Reddit. Interesting to see social media used for some amount of good after it was used to heinously. I really hope Facebook or similar will look into this stuff and maybe add some sort of way to report crimes. I mean I know they have report buttons but that process is near useless and takes way too much time. Imagine if someone came up with a way, especially considering the live aspect, that these things could be reported to local law enforcement immediately. I imagine that's not impossible to do all things considered.

    Guess I'm just trying to find a positive of some sort. Really twisted that teenagers are committing crimes so brazenly and showing them off on social media. I can't wrap my head around that aspect in particular. And as a rape survivor myself, that poor girl. How much worse it's got to be to know the recording happened and other were watching and did nothing. Ugh. Heartbreaking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just curious--how do you know the report button on FB takes a long time to get a response. I'm wondering because I knew someone who had a GFM account on FB. Well, not sure GFM and FB are associated, but the account asking for donations was posted on FB. I also knew this person was scamming people any way they could. The account had been up for a couple of years or so and had no activity after accumulating ~$40-50. When I saw it after googling the person's name recently, I used the report button to report it. Within minutes, I tried accessing the page again and a message came up stating the page had been closed down. That was quick!
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,851
    Oh this precious child....to have endured such is unimaginable. To have it videoed and people saw it happening, knew it was happening and did nothing?? Sickening!

    We have a generation that is growing up on their own, IMO. There is a lack of morals, lack of integrity, lack of self respect, lack of guidance, and way too much at their fingertips to access. Stuff that even as an adult shocks me, is available and out there. Once that seed is planted, it's either going to wither and die, or sprout and grow. All these evil things are being planted into the minds of kids without fully developed brains. It's just shocking.
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 363
    Last Post: 02-11-2017, 10:08 AM
  2. Kids Raped and Sodomized, posted on Facebook
    By Noexcuse in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Tags for this Thread