UK - Gunshots fired outside houses of parliament in London. 22 Mar 2017

dotr

Reaction score
updates
Live graphic video.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/live-shots-fired-parliament-london-12780906
[h=2]Shots were heard outside the Palace of Westminster in London, which is said to be in lockdown[/h]

There has been a major security alert at the Palace of Westminster after a man apparently carrying a knife charged through the gates into the front yard of the parliamentary compound.

Amid shouts and screams, gunfire rang out.
Two people were seen to be lying within Old Palace Yard, immediately outside Westminster Hall.
The sitting in the House of Commons was suspended while police officers sealed off the area around the incident.

Parliament in lockdown: Police open fire outside Westminster and shoot knife-wielding man amid reports of explosion and 'at least 12 pedestrians mowed down on bridge'

• Several shots have been fired at the House of Commons in Westminster
  • At least three people have been hit and emergency teams are on the scene
  • Reports aslo suggest a car ploughed into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge
  • The Prime Minister has been evacuated and staff told to stay inside

From live news reports. A person ran at police with a knife in the grounds of old palace yard, stabbing one police officer, the assailant was shot by police. Both are currently being treated at the scene. Also on Westminster Bridge a black 'SUV' drove into several people, injuries reported and paramedics on scene. It looks like the vehicle came to a halt and hit a cyclist but not sure what brought it to a halt.

Watching this live, Sadly it appears a couple of people have died after being run over on Westminster bridge.

Police: This is being treated as a terrorist incident. Unless we learn otherwise.

Twitter via Guardian:

Metropolitan Police ✔ @metpoliceuk
Incident in #Westminster: We are treating this as a terrorist incident until we know otherwise
11:32 AM - 22 Mar 2017

oh my, appears an officer was stabbed as well :(

MSNBC tv is covering live. Scary. Witness believes one officer is deceased.

ETA: witness in parliament building says police came in and told them to move away from windows--he's ignoring that advice/order

Different witnesses (had been on bus) say they saw multiple people down. Estimated 10.

Police: This is being treated as a terrorist incident. Unless we learn otherwise.

In the US, they won't call it a ' terrorist' attack even though it's very clear that is what has happened. Glad to see UK MSM calling a spade a spade.

I was dreading the madness starting up again. Thanks for all your updates everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims.

Just heard a live interview on BBC with a gentleman saying he thought he saw someone over the side of the bridge in the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNN reporting "dozens (repeat dozens) injured".

Live BBC coverage shows body covered my sheet in the square in Westminster Palace

(All information I post is from BBC news channel live)

[video=cnn;world/2017/03/22/witness-uk-parliament-incident.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/europe/uk-parliament-firearms-incident/index.html[/video]

Live BBC coverage shows body covered my sheet in the square in Westminster Palace

Hopefully the perp.

Sadly it might be the Policeman.
Anyone who know doesn't know London, this bridge is usually very busy with pedestrians with many deep both sides, at the time of the attack a lot would have been tourists imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back