676 users online (72 members and 604 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90
Results 1,336 to 1,341 of 1341
    Quote Originally Posted by positivevibes View Post
    Apologies if this has already been posted, but I love how the police have laid their cards on the table re BR with the Crime Stoppers text copy. And that they've stated that BR is no longer the "prime suspect", deliberately hinting at more parties being involved ie. VR, possibly VR's son, SR..
    I wouldn't read too much into Tim Day stating that Borce is a "suspect" as opposed to a "prime suspect" at the recent press conference. They had avoided even naming as a suspect up until then.

The police must be seen to keep an open mind, and the defence in murder cases has gotten mileage out of showing that the police fixated on one specific suspect to the potential exclusion of others during their investigations, potentially overlooking evidence that the perpetrator was somebody else.

Such tactics have managed to successfully undermine what were otherwise robust cases against the accused.

So I think the police avoiding using the term "prime suspect" themselves is probably just a case of them avoiding such defence tactics later in court.

Ah, good ol' Vas, are we lookin dodgie? 😁

Is this was staged then Vas pocketed some $$$ for doing nothing, just walk up to the car, turn engine on, fasten seat belt and drive off. Easy buck.
    He would be like 'lets do this again', crooked and greedy media.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

This is an old article from Feb, might have been posted before but I don't remember reading BR's comment to the family. So his brother suggested Karen went overseas on a fake passport and was gone for good while BR thinks a stranger took her?! Highly imaginative pair of brothers, one or both probably delusional, no wonder poor Karen wanted out!

He reportedly told family members she may have been snatched by a stranger.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...1e3b99870ba1fc

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgam View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into Tim Day stating that Borce is a "suspect" as opposed to a "prime suspect" at the recent press conference. They had avoided even naming as a suspect up until then.

The police must be seen to keep an open mind, and the defence in murder cases has gotten mileage out of showing that the police fixated on one specific suspect to the potential exclusion of others during their investigations, potentially overlooking evidence that the perpetrator was somebody else.

Such tactics have managed to successfully undermine what were otherwise robust cases against the accused.

So I think the police avoiding using the term "prime suspect" themselves is probably just a case of them avoiding such defence tactics later in court.
    Maybe why the personnel change.

The missing persons squad has had control of the probe and has recently undergone a change in personnel, with fresh eyes looking at the high-profile case.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...b48a66efef4fac

Quote Originally Posted by Liadan View Post
    This is a very long thread - could do with another one!
    RSBM

Working on that right now.

Everyone, please get ready to move over in about 10-15 minutes.

This thread is now closed.

Please continue discussion at Thread #11

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90