Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Karen Ristevski: Police refuse to say if they have suspects in missing person case

7563232-3x2-340x227.jpg

Melbourne police refused to reveal if they had any suspects in the case of missing woman Karen Risteveski as they stepped up efforts to find her.

Detectives have set up an information caravan in her home suburb of Avondale Heights, in Melbourne's north-west and mounted police have searched parklands near her home.

Ms Ristevski has not used her mobile phone or bank accounts, or made contact with friends or family since June 29.

HUMAN REMAINS IDENTIFIED AT MOUNT MACEDON
Police can confirm the human remains found at Mount Macedon yesterday are that of missing Avondale Heights, woman Karen Ristevski.

Investigators received the results following forensic testing this afternoon.

Karen was last seen at her home address on Oakley Drive in Avondale Heights at about 10am on 29 June last year.

Her remains were located by a member of the public in bushland off Loch Road at Mount Macedon about 12.30pm yesterday.

Police conducted a line search at the scene today and are keen to speak to anyone that may have seen any suspicious activity in that area.

Missing Persons Squad detectives are appealing for anyone that may have been walking along the dirt track off Loch Road or anyone that may have seen any vehicles to contact them.

Investigators are also hoping to speak to anyone that may have been at Mount Macedon any time from June last year and took photos or any video footage in the area.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au.

Thread #1
​Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Please read and make sure you understand.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Time outs will be forth coming if you do not adhere to the rules, no questions asked.

Thank you.

The service heard tributes from Mr Williams, relative Lisa Gray and close friends Anica and Rebecca Naumovski, according to the order of service.....

Mourners said her brother Stephen choked back tears when he asked his beloved older sister to say hello their late parents.
'I've got some unfinished business to take care of down here,' he said.
The service remembered the pricey Bella Bleu boutique owner and devoted mother as being 'forever young'. She met her husband at a party when she was a teenager, apparently telling him 'I like you'...

Ms Ristevski was born in New Zealand and moved to Australia with her family towards the end of primary school. She attended Deer Park High School in Victoria, worked at a law firm and later started her own boutique fashion business, Bella Bleu, which still operates today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...um-Karen-Ristevski-funeral.html#ixzz4aXyJczo1

Admin Note:

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum and Karen is a victim.

Continuing with disparaging remarks and rumors about her will result in the temporary loss of posting privileges or worse.

In other words, leave the rumours and hearsay at the door. If you can't link it you can't post it and it's up to you to be familiar with the rules.

If you see an offending post please alert by clicking on the red triangle on the bottom left of each post. Please do not quote it.

Thank you.

Coldpizza

Independent facts we know for sure … (not including claims from Borce or Ant or anyone else)

- Large past debts, that were not forgiven by bankruptcy
- Claims of insolvent trading, which were not persued by authorities
- One Bella Bleu store closed, following caveat placed upon residence
- One Bella Bleu store remaining, appearing to not be doing well
- A friend set up a account for Sarah, with a goal of $5,000
- Karen and her brother shared an inheritance from their father, about 6 months before she went missing
- Karen's share of inheritance included her father's jewellery
- Borce was the last known person to see Karen alive
- There have been no appeals from Borce to help find his wife
- Sarah made a single public appeal on 3AW, several days after Karen went missing
- Borce engaged a top criminal law firm soon after Karen went missing
- Both Borce and Sarah very soon stopped cooperating with police
- Both Karen’s and Borce’s phones pinged on Calder Highway, which is enroute to where Karen’s remains were found
- Borce’s phone was switched off for about 2 hours on the day that Karen went missing
- Bella Bleu staff called looking for Karen on the day that she went missing
- Borce asked neighbours for CCTV recordings to see if Karen was on them
- The CCTV at the house was not working
- Borce took Karen’s car for a drive on the day that Karen went missing, a fact he delayed in admitting to police
- Karen’s car was caught on CCTV being driven near her home on the day she went missing
- Evidence was sent to the US for further analysis
- Dirt on a shovel from the house contained soil from the back of the house and soil from the area in which Karen was found
- Borce’s criminal lawyer states that Borce is number one suspect
- Karen was found at Mt Macedon, placed between two tree limbs and with branches/twigs covering her remains

I have probably missed some things, but I did not want to include anything that any family member or friend has said.

(not including claims from Borce or Ant or anyone else)

but I did not want to include anything that any family member or friend has said.

But why not? Makes for denial of what has been stated.

Take for example VR's Statement, about her fleeing overseas.

I'd be questioning that line for example.

Ok VR, "Why do you think that's the case"......
What reasons etc.

The line of questioning would probably lead to the impression he's making it up as he goes along....
Ok, he must know something that he's covering up....

Pin his photo on the cork board with a few more bits of string....

hoping there will be some news very shortly .....

But why not? Makes for denial of what has been stated.

Take for example VR's Statement, about her fleeing overseas.

I'd be questioning that line for example.

Ok VR, "Why do you think that's the case"......
What reasons etc.

The line of questioning would probably lead to the impression he's making it up as he goes along....
Ok, he must know something that he's covering up....

Pin his photo on the cork board with a few more bits of string....

Because I wanted a record of the plain facts as we know them. Excluding the noise and distraction that has been created by the family, for their own personal purposes.

Anyone watch the show last night on TV - Chan 9 - Murder Calls.
Former Homicide Detective Charlie Bezzina (bless him - brilliant guy) spoke a lot about how they keep collecting information / phone taps etc - just to get more details when it comes to charging someone.
I thought a lot about Karens case when watching the show - I can see how important and relevant it was. Sometimes it can take months to get exactly what they are after - despite knowing who the murderer was right from the start.
If you haven't seen the show - last nights episode is very much worth a watch to get a feeling for what happens whilst we all impatiently tap fingers and wait for someone to be charged.
I have the feeling that they know exactly what happened but are just being patient.

Independent facts we know for sure … (not including claims from Borce or Ant or anyone else)

- Large past debts, that were not forgiven by bankruptcy
- Claims of insolvent trading, which were not persued by authorities
- One Bella Bleu store closed, following caveat placed upon residence
- One Bella Bleu store remaining, appearing to not be doing well
- A friend set up a account for Sarah, with a goal of $5,000
- Karen and her brother shared an inheritance from their father, about 6 months before she went missing
- Karen's share of inheritance included her father's jewellery
- Borce was the last known person to see Karen alive
- There have been no appeals from Borce to help find his wife
- Sarah made a single public appeal on 3AW, several days after Karen went missing
- Borce engaged a top criminal law firm soon after Karen went missing
- Both Borce and Sarah very soon stopped cooperating with police
- Both Karen’s and Borce’s phones pinged on Calder Highway, which is enroute to where Karen’s remains were found
- Borce’s phone was switched off for about 2 hours on the day that Karen went missing
- Bella Bleu staff called looking for Karen on the day that she went missing
- Borce asked neighbours for CCTV recordings to see if Karen was on them
- The CCTV at the house was not working
- Borce took Karen’s car for a drive on the day that Karen went missing, a fact he delayed in admitting to police
- Karen’s car was caught on CCTV being driven near her home on the day she went missing
- Evidence was sent to the US for further analysis
- Dirt on a shovel from the house contained soil from the back of the house and soil from the area in which Karen was found
- Borce’s criminal lawyer states that Borce is number one suspect
- Karen was found at Mt Macedon, placed between two tree limbs and with branches/twigs covering her remains

I have probably missed some things, but I did not want to include anything that any family member or friend has said.

actually borce has made one public appeal, the press conference outside Avondale police station

I have been looking all over for the presser outside the Avondale Police Station - I can find photos, but can only find spoken snippets of the presser in a video in the article below.

I would love to know the entirety of what was said, because the snippets just show Borce saying the circumstances under which Karen disappeared. No actual 'Please help us find her'.

Sarah seems devastated. Borce seems quite business-like and cool.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ce-of-karen-ristevski-stops-talking-to-police

Former Homicide Detective Charlie Bezzina (bless him - brilliant guy) spoke a lot about how they keep collecting information / phone taps etc - just to get more details when it comes to charging someone.
I thought a lot about Karens case when watching the show - I can see how important and relevant it was. Sometimes it can take months to get exactly what they are after - despite knowing who the murderer was right from the start.
If you haven't seen the show - last nights episode is very much worth a watch to get a feeling for what happens whilst we all impatiently tap fingers and wait for someone to be charged.
I have the feeling that they know exactly what happened but are just being patient.

I agree & LE are working behind the scenes i'm sure to bring this case to resolution and sometimes that can take quite a while.
I was reading a bit about Sam Thompson's case and it stated there were 40 investigators working on his case.
So there is much to look at and for i would imagine when trying to solve a case.

I think LE know who did this without doubt. Waiting for them to push the button.

It was reported in the media that the autopsy showed no visible signs of injury, right, and yet it is also reported that the autopsy results have been released to the family, but not the public, at this stage, h'mm, what's that all about 🤔? End of spontaneous thought.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

It was reported in the media that the autopsy showed no visible signs of injury, right, and yet it is also reported that the autopsy results have been released to the family, but not the public, at this stage, h'mm, what's that all about ��? End of spontaneous thought.

I think it is possible that preliminary autopsy reports were given to the family, upon request. Because I am not sure why they would be released to them when they must have been incomplete. At that time, there would not have been time to do insect cultures to determine how long the remains had been where they were found, or other intensive testing that takes time and multiple resources.

Then perhaps someone else gave some hint to the media about what those preliminary reports contained. Maybe someone like Borce's criminal law firm - if it serves some advantage to Borce (?) No broken body bones (perhaps no push/fall down the stairs), no broken hyoid bone (strangulation), no skull fractures (no blunt force trauma), no apparent immediate sign of intense violence ......

Or perhaps release of those results benefits someone else? No immediate sign of intense violence could possibly point away from murder by a random stranger, who may have gone beserk on Karen and violently killed her. It may point more toward some planning and thought. Perhaps poisoning, or suffocation while sleeping, some other cause of death that is more difficult to determine once decomposition sets in. :(

I think it is possible that preliminary autopsy reports were given to the family, upon request. Because I am not sure why they would be released to them when they must have been incomplete. At that time, there would not have been time to do insect cultures to determine how long the remains had been where they were found, or other intensive testing that takes time and multiple resources.

Then perhaps someone else gave some hint to the media about what those preliminary reports contained. Maybe someone like Borce's criminal law firm - if it serves some advantage to Borce (?) No broken body bones (perhaps no push/fall down the stairs), no broken hyoid bone (strangulation), no skull fractures (no blunt force trauma), no apparent immediate sign of intense violence ......

Or perhaps release of those results benefits someone else? No immediate sign of intense violence could possibly point away from murder by a random stranger, who may have gone beserk on Karen and violently killed her. It may point more toward some planning and thought. Perhaps poisoning, or suffocation while sleeping, some other cause of death that is more difficult to determine once decomposition sets in. :(

The 'senior next of kin' (or their nominee) is our main point of contact throughout the coroner's investigation.
They will be notified about any medical procedures and will also be provided with updates on the progress of the investigation and any medical reports provided to the coroner.
http://www.coronerscourt.vic.gov.au/home/family+information/senior+next+of+kin/

As you say SA. No visible sign of injury, means what?

Forensic tests of all family vehicles were “squeaky clean”.
Initial autopsy results failed to find any visible sign of injury,
Soil found on the shovel would be unique.....................

“We did a double-murder case in 2001 where it was possible to narrow down the soil type to between three and nine metres of a particular area ......
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/e47341dc1f66d1ae61bc56356f1c1831

The forensic pathologist could not say for sure how Mrs Baden-Clay died because of the decomposition of her body, found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west 10 days after she was reported missing.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/4489641/karen-ristevski-no-signs-of-injury/

GBC house was also squeaky clean right down to the China cups on the table and he reported ABC missing with hours not three days later.

As the soil on the shovel matched the area near where KR was found. I think it could be assumed that a random stranger did not steal it and then return it to Borce's tool shed.

The story as to how the soil got onto the shovel will be interesting.

Given it seems as though it could place the owner in the area. Maybe down to meters.

The 'senior next of kin' (or their nominee) is our main point of contact throughout the coroner's investigation.
They will be notified about any medical procedures and will also be provided with updates on the progress of the investigation and any medical reports provided to the coroner.
http://www.coronerscourt.vic.gov.au/home/family+information/senior+next+of+kin/

RSBM

I wonder if in a case like this one, where there seems to be division between the birth and marital famiilies, autopsy reports and updates will be provided to both?

RSBM

I wonder if in a case like this one, where there seems to be division between the birth and marital famiilies, autopsy reports and updates will be provided to both?

I wonder?
Surely you would think so given that KR birth family have said they will do everything they can to help the police find KR killer.
It does seems they have done just that.
Unlike others who have ceased co-operating due to them feeling police having tunnel vision and not looking at other suspects..imo

As Mr Rule said
Instructors teach young detectives that an investigator’s mind has to be like a parachute — “if it’s not open, it won’t work”. But police have to make choices about what to do first — and how long to do it.
In this case, they don’t seem to be concentrating on the Maribyrnong River, which winds through steep grassland behind the Ristevski family home. A few sweeps by the water police, as if for appearance’s sake, seem to be all...............
Police have more ways of solving disappearances than by wearing out boot leather.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...e/news-story/66a153e8938c2760cb378ea683bd4c18

"As the soil on the shovel matched the area near where KR was found. I think it could be assumed that a random stranger did not steal it and then return it to Borce's tool shed"

Except that KR wasn't buried and shovel was not needed to put her body between 2 logs.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

'GBC house was also squeaky clean right down to the China cups on the table and he reported ABC missing with hours not three days later'

Sosocurious, just re the '3 days later reporting her missing', which was in an article by Andrew Rule, um, I wrote and asked him about that back last year and he said 'well spotted 😊, it seems nothing publicly was done until 3 days later', meaning the public appeal .... 'It looks like the daughter contacted police earlier than that ..... ', so I hope that clears up any confusion, the 3 days gap was referring to the Avondale Heights police station plea for help.☺
Whoops, was quoting a paragraph from sosocurious, oh dear, my quoting abilities are not so good at this point, but I hope you get the drift, hee 😀

"As the soil on the shovel matched the area near where KR was found. I think it could be assumed that a random stranger did not steal it and then return it to Borce's tool shed"

Except that KR wasn't buried and shovel was not needed to put her body between 2 logs.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. Did LE go back and check another shovel?
Unless there was a second trip to Karen and a shovel was preferred to roll/move her body if they were looking for something possibly left on her, like shoes or phone or the shops m o n e y. Or to plant something else on her body.

That's got me beat.

The police know who did it but I'm thinking they have to contend with a highfalutin barrister who's got them hog tied with the finer points of the law.

Look at Gordon Wood! What a fiasco that is! Those wee errors are gonna cost us fool taxpayers a motser.

Waiting...waiting...dehydrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member