Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
15-year-old Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas may be in the area of Decatur, Alabama.

She is white, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet 5 inches and 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings.

Thomas is believed to be in the company of 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a white male, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving a Silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag number 976ZPT.

ElizabethThomasMissingChild16x9_1489527855127_8971019_ver1.0.JPG

http://wate.com/2017/03/14/statewide-endangered-child-alert-for-missing-middle-tennessee-teen/
http://www.waff.com/story/34847631/endangered-tn-runaway-may-be-in-decatur-area
http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/statewide-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-teen/422561108

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Witness at school considered Tad Cummins a ‘mentor,’ but reported seeing him kiss Elizabeth Thomas
Posted Mar 20, 2017
Updated at 9:47 AM

170317220019-05-tad-cummins-exlarge-169.jpg

Elizabeth Thomas growled at the student who reported her for kissing former Culleoka teacher Tad Cummins inside his classroom, her family told The Daily Herald, but otherwise the two had no contact with the witness after she turned them in.

Cummins was inside his classroom after school Jan. 23 with his grandson and Thomas, the girl told family members, when she walked in and inexplicably saw them kissing. Cummins and Thomas were sitting side by side in chairs and kissed on the lips as the grandchild, who also attends Culleoka, was using one of the classroom's computers.

"She was shocked and walked out of the classroom," a family member said. "She didn't expect that. She didn't know why it was happening. She thought of Tad as someone who really cared about his students and had a hard time with what she saw. She went home, told her mother, and knew what she had to do — report him the next morning."

Sometimes it's worse than that. They tell them that if they go back they will have no friends, convince them they are alone except for their abuser. Since he's convinced her he's CIA that makes him powerful, and frightening. These relationships are based on power and the abuse of it. He can tell her she can't get away, he can find her. Threaten her family, dog, whatever she cares about. And because she's young she's easily manipulated by guilt, he buys her a nice purse and convinces her she owes him. I'm sure he manipulated her about the microwave he bought her.

I really DON'T think that he threatens her in any way. (MOO) You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar! (MOO)

I don't know where they are..........but wherever it is, the two of them are embedded like ticks. About the only suggestion I would have at this point is for LE to dig into TC's background history, and by history I don't mean the last 5 years, I mean the last 30 years, and check out any and all places he may have stayed with a church group or a student group. I'm sure through the years he has visited many youth camps, scout camps, and youth oriented resorts. Due to the schools being in session right now, many of these camps may be closed and don't plan on opening until closer to summer. A few of them may have caretakers and maintenance people keeping the grounds up, but a lot of them probably don't. Some places may leave the power on all year round, and other places may just turn it off at the main power box during the off season. Many of these youth camps have pretty sturdy cabins and are pretty well furnished with all the necessities, just bring your groceries.

For some reason, I think he ran off to a place he is familiar with or has fond memories of, and thus he thinks ET will like it as well. LE should research back all the way to when TC was a teenager and young adult himself. I don't have any idea what his history is in regards to different places he's lived or where he grew up as a kid. I don't have access to that information, but other people do. The complete lack of sightings leads me to believe they are parked in one spot, not getting out in public (unless TC is by himself), and totally hidden from casual observers. That in itself could be accomplished by hiding 1/2 mile off the road in a wooded area. Many of these resorts and campsites are a lot further off the road than that.

At the very least, LE could compile a list of places he's visited through the years and at least do a general drive-thru to check it out. If the place is located on a dirt road, that might get a little tricky, because TC will be able to hear them coming long before they get to the main complex of cabins. If he's in such a place, he may very well have his SUV camouflaged with brush and tree branches so it is almost impossible to see, whether it be from ground level or from the air. He could also have it hidden in a barn or an outbuilding.

One thing I want to draw attention to:

Destiny Church has been mentioned several times as Tad's place of worship: http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-job-kidnapping-suspect-tad-cummins/99515186/

However, the church he said he was active in when he applied for his teaching position, was different. It was Grace Church of the Nazarene. It's been mentioned he went on a medical service trip to Panama, which was listed in his resume. I will also see if his former church had missions trips abroad. Another good question, perhaps, is were there any problems at his previous church that led to him changing his place of worship? Maybe not, but it's worth asking.
https://www.scribd.com/document/342518237/Tad-Cummins-Personnel-file-Redacted

Ok, here's another thing, his drivers license which is included in the docs released by the school indicate he has a Class D license with an F endorsement.

Here's what that means in Tennessee: https://www.tn.gov/safety/article/classf

I wonder if Tad has any experiences driving professionally that would lead him to know routes or have access to specialized vehicles.

One thing I want to draw attention to:

Destiny Church has been mentioned several times as Tad's place of worship: http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-job-kidnapping-suspect-tad-cummins/99515186/

However, the church he said he was active in when he applied for his teaching position, was different. It was Grace Church of the Nazarene. It's been mentioned he went on a medical service trip to Panama, which was listed in his resume. I will also see if his former church had missions trips abroad. Another good question, perhaps, is were there any problems at his previous church that led to him changing his place of worship? Maybe not, but it's worth asking.
https://www.scribd.com/document/342518237/Tad-Cummins-Personnel-file-Redacted

here's some info, copied and pasted:

He described himself as a devoted Christian who worked at Grace Church of the Nazarene in Columbia, serving in several capacities, from audio engineering to preaching, playing music and leading Bible studies.

One area of ministry Cummins highlighted in his teaching application was his involvement in a ministry called "Grace Unlimited," in which he was involved in worship services and mentoring at the Maury County Jail and at Magnolia Academy, a wilderness boot camp for teen boys in trouble.

___

Grace Church of the Nazarene responded to a request for comment, saying Cummins had not attended there since 2013 and had not worked with youth at the church since March 2003.

A receptionist at Destiny Church in Columbia, where Cummins has recently attended, said the church did not want to comment.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-job-kidnapping-suspect-tad-cummins/99515186/

He described himself as a devoted Christian who worked at Grace Church of the Nazarene in Columbia, serving in several capacities, from audio engineering to preaching, playing music and leading Bible studies.

One area of ministry Cummins highlighted in his teaching application was his involvement in a ministry called "Grace Unlimited," in which he was involved in worship services and mentoring at the Maury County Jail and at Magnolia Academy, a wilderness boot camp for teen boys in trouble.

___

Grace Church of the Nazarene responded to a request for comment, saying Cummins had not attended there since 2013 and had not worked with youth at the church since March 2003.

A receptionist at Destiny Church in Columbia, where Cummins has recently attended, said the church did not want to comment.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-job-kidnapping-suspect-tad-cummins/99515186/

Thanks. I saw that note too, and agree with Steelman that a seasonal camp could be in the list of possibilities.

I have also looked through the Grace church website. One of the pastors there says he's been on over 20 missions trips. It does not specify where. I'll post if I uncover any other connections to Mexico or confirmation he spoke Spanish.

I remember reading he spoke Spanish. I am actively looking and rereading articles. I believe I read it searching FB. That might help others that are searching for that info as well.

Thanks. I saw that note too, and agree with Steelman that a seasonal camp could be in the list of possibilities.

I have also looked through the Grace church website. One of the pastors there says he's been on over 20 missions trips. It does not specify where. I'll post if I uncover any other connections to Mexico or confirmation he spoke Spanish.

I found his resume on another portal:

I am a Christian, and I worship at the Grace Church of the Nazarene in Columbia, TN. I am blessed to have served in many capacities at Grace, one of which is that I oversaw all audio engineering and sound equipment for the Grace Church campus. Another is a ministry called “Grace Unlimited”, in which we ministered, monthly, through worship services, fellowship, and mentoring at Maury County Jail and at Magnolia Academy (a wilderness boot camp for teen boys in trouble). Within this ministry, I was blessed to get to minister to many individuals through preaching, playing music, leading singing, singing solos, praying, and mentoring. At Grace Church, I have served as a church board member, a Care Pastor, taught adult and teen Sunday school classes, sang in the Choir, played drums during Sunday worship, and I occasionally serve as a vocal soloist. I also served as Interim Youth Pastor and often serve as an adult chaperone for youth activities.

I traveled to the Darien Province in the rainforest of Panama to participate in a medical mission campaign in which we spent a week conducting clinics in various jungle communities and treating the medical problems of the Embura Indians.

https://www.beyond.com/people/24956405/view/resume

___

BBM

Yep. I do think this guy has taken ET off the grid. He probably is prepared to be "disappeared" for a long time. I think they are not using any pre-paid cards or electronic devices. I think they are using cash only and doing so very sparingly to make it last.

I think they might move around this summer throughout the country. My guess is the vehicle has been ditched and they either are riding the bus or train, which you can ride without having to show ID, or they bought a beater vehicle for cash from a "no questions asked" seller.

In a few months, they might get some temporary jobs that pay in cash in places that don't ask questions about your past.

They will eventually need to have some permanence....he's 50 and not getting younger, and she could very well end up pregnant.

But I think for now, they are just thinking about the next few months and then will make a new plan after they've been gone for awhile. One step at a time. Step 1: escape. Step 2: Hide. Step 3: Set up new life.

I hope for a sighting or for ET to somehow reach out....but my hunch is that this is going to take awhile.

Just my idea of what he is planning. Not fact.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member