Found Deceased IA - Katherine 'Katie' Brooker, 36, Iowa City, 10 March 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Iowa authorities need help finding missing 37-year-old woman
katie-brooker-0060-1490472531.jpg

Iowa City police are asking for the public's help tracking down a missing 37-year-old woman.
Officers say Katherine "Katie" JoAnne Brooker was last seen at Mercy Hospital in Iowa City, March 10. Booker hasn't been heard from since.

http://www.kcci.com/article/southern-lights-put-on-a-show-for-flight-passengers/9184707

Interesting. So are we thinking she left the hospital AMA or what? I wish they'd give some more details.

Interesting. So are we thinking she left the hospital AMA or what? I wish they'd give some more details.
Could be that she left against advice, or maybe she was there for an appointment, or to visit someone. The fact that it's been 2 weeks since last sighting is of the most concern to me. This is local to me and I frequently check my local news app for missing persons, and this report was not present earlier today so I think she was probably reported missing around the afternoon of 3/25.

It also concerns me that the article says she isn't believed to have access to a vehicle or money. This makes me wonder if she is homeless or something. Weather has been fair lately but Iowa weather can be pretty bipolar. I hope she has access to food and shelter.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Katie is 37 - 5'9" and closer to 165 pounds. She is a brilliant and creative person with an MA in English. She has worked as a creative writer, marketer, and copy editor. Katie has struggled with chronic alcoholism for over a decade and has had difficulty maintaining any kind of sobriety. She may have been through treatment again as recently at Christmas of 2016. Katie is a native of Muscatine Iowa. She had been living in a subsidized Appartment in Iowa City for over a year the last I was aware. Note: she is creative, articulate, and accomplished at convincing others of her sincerity - however not often forthcoming with the truth as a consequence of her condition and negative feelings about herself. However - she is a good person in need of help and kindness which causes me concern she could also be easily be targeted by unscrupulous folks. Please help by reporting anything you know to the Iowa city police department or your local authorities.

Katie is 37 - 5'9" and closer to 165 pounds. She is a brilliant and creative person with an MA in English. She has worked as a creative writer, marketer, and copy editor. Katie has struggled with chronic alcoholism for over a decade and has had difficulty maintaining any kind of sobriety. She may have been through treatment again as recently at Christmas of 2016. Katie is a native of Muscatine Iowa. She had been living in a subsidized Appartment in Iowa City for over a year the last I was aware. Note: she is creative, articulate, and accomplished at convincing others of her sincerity - however not often forthcoming with the truth as a consequence of her condition and negative feelings about herself. However - she is a good person in need of help and kindness which causes me concern she could also be easily be targeted by unscrupulous folks. Please help by reporting anything you know to the Iowa city police department or your local authorities.
I work in IC and will definitely be keeping a close eye out for her. Thanks for your perspective and information. It is unfortunate that she has struggled with alcoholism but details like this can also help us consider her state of mind, locations she might frequent, etc. Hope she is found safe soon.

edited
i thought this was newly reported but i'm seeing tweets looking for her a week ago.
i hope she's found safely and can get the help she needs.

edited
i thought this was newly reported but i'm seeing tweets looking for her a week ago.
i hope she's found safely and can get the help she needs.

Last seen/heard from on March 10th. I hope there is a breakthrough soon.

Really hoping this is unrelated... no article yet but Iowa City news just reported a body was found in the road near the Eagles Club on Highway 1 near Riverside Drive.

where is she?
i hope she can and does reach out to someone soon. she has lots of people that love her and want her to be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail