Jewelry:
Medical:
May have issues with knees
Transportation:
Dental Records:
Not Available
DNA Records: Available

Circumstances:
Ida Faye Basco went missing 03/15/79 along with her boyfriend/husband. No primary agency case submitted by family.

Investigating Agency:
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office - 225.389.5000

Information Resources:
LSU Faces Case # 480 - Ida Faye "Roubique" Basco - LA Repository for Unidentified & Missing People
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

**Have found very little information on this case.

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of December 21, 2023>

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally found some information apparently her maiden name is Basco a few articles has it miss spelled as Basdo married name Roubique. It was noted on a 2007 obit preceded in death late wife Ida Faye Basco Roubique there is another public record that indicates there may have been a separation in 1977

So the question now is, was she found deceased or is she still missing ? Have yet to locate a death record on her

Ida Faye is still missing and her family is searching for her. It seems they are in process of putting her in NamUs.

Official Ida Faye missing person FB page run by her daughter - <broken link>

This was posted on FB in March of this year

Ida Faye Basco Roubique and Robert Edward Kelley, Jr. came up missing around March 15, 1979 from Hooshootoo Road in Baton Rouge, La. There was nothing missing from the house but them and their vehicle. They've never been found. If you have any information please contact Baton Rouge Police Department, Detective Mohr. Thank you. This picture was taken while she was pregnant with her first child in 1974.

Please Share, Ida Faye Roubique (Basco, Kelley) is a Mother, Daughter, Aunt, Sister, Grandmother and Great Grandmother!

Thank you to all of the people who share, I know if your mother were missing you would want and appreciate all of the help you could get. I am her daughter and I am grateful to all who have shown their care and concern and been so kind in sharing this information! Thanks again.
<broken link>

(year 78 is typo, everywhere else daughter states 79)

***** Age progression pictures of what Ida Faye Basco Morris Roubique may look like today. She turned 61 on Jan. 31, 2017. She has been missing since March 1979. Along with Robert Edward Kelly, Jr.

(My apologies for gigantic pictures. If anyone is able to flip to correct side this age progression photo I would really appreciate it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another link for Ida:

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=509

Stinks of terry Peder Rasmussen to me. Does she look pregnant in this picture? Does anyone know her ancestry? Do we know this boyfriend's name with whom she disappeared?

Photo was taken 4 years prior to her go missing and yes she was pregnant at that time. BF name is mentioned 2 posts above, Robert Edward Kelly, Jr.

Missing FB page made for her - https://www.facebook.com/IdaFayeMissingPerson/photos/pcb.1882159218714763/1882149548715730/?type=3

I happened to notice that Ida is not listed on NamUs anymore...
I attempted the link that has been attached to her case and also searched for her by various combinations of her married/maiden names...and nothing!
Does anyone know if she is still missing?
Thanks!
Here is the link for her NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

•MMcG•

ETA: Several of the Facebook links have been removed or do not work either...

Ida is back on NamUs

Original

Ida Basco and her boyfriend/husband went missing at the same time in East Baton Rouge Parish. There is no missing person's report filed with any law enforcement agency. LSU FACES Lab cannot confirm that Basco is missing.

This is such a curious case. I know it’s been quite awhile since their disappearance but still too many generalities. I wonder how they created an age progressed image of him? Must be a photo some where, you’d think. JMO

I came upon this post today after looking for a match for the below Jane Doe.

As a match I have found Ida Faye Basco (I saw another member posted her also as a possible match, but I believe nothing has been send in to police yet?). The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

While looking for more pictures of her I bumped upon a FB post with an age progression of her and her husband. I completely forgot, but I responded a while ago on that post that I found a possible match for the husband.

His sister had left a remark on the page and I told her about my possible finding and if she was aware of the John Doe and I also asked her if there are more pictures available from them both. (I know there are different opinions about contacting family members about does and I prefer to contact police nowadays). Unfortunately she hasn't replied.

But I realized today that the John Doe (199UMLA) was found the 2nd of February 1982 and could have died 7 weeks prior. That was around the same time the Jane Doe was found. I wonder if he could have hurt her (hit and run with their own car, they were divorcing) and he then killed himself or maybe she hurt him and she then tried to run and was hit by a car. I know she was pregnant (not sure of it was at the time of disappearance or before) and the Jane Doe had a caesarean scar. What do you guys think?

I looked for any other pictures of them on Classmates and Google, but unfortunately I haven't succeeded. Anyone else any luck?
https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/5819/investigations?nav

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/5819/investigations?nav

I came upon this post today after looking for a match for the below Jane Doe.

As a match I have found Ida Faye Basco (I saw another member posted her also as a possible match, but I believe nothing has been send in to police yet?). The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

While looking for more pictures of her I bumped upon a FB post with an age progression of her and her husband. I completely forgot, but I responded a while ago on that post that I found a possible match for the husband.

His sister had left a remark on the page and I told her about my possible finding and if she was aware of the John Doe and I also asked her if there are more pictures available from them both. (I know there are different opinions about contacting family members about does and I prefer to contact police nowadays). Unfortunately she hasn't replied.

But I realized today that the John Doe (199UMLA) was found the 2nd of February 1982 and could have died 7 weeks prior. That was around the same time the Jane Doe was found. I wonder if he could have hurt her (hit and run with their own car, they were divorcing) and he then killed himself or maybe she hurt him and she then tried to run and was hit by a car. I know she was pregnant (not sure of it was at the time of disappearance or before) and the Jane Doe had a caesarean scar. What do you guys think?

I looked for any other pictures of them on Classmates and Google, but unfortunately I haven't succeeded. Anyone else any luck?
There is a remarkable resemblance between the two girls!! The noses especially... and both appear to have distinct looking ears. The one thing that I noticed though was the height difference. The unidentified was measured to be 5’0”, and Ida’s height is listed as 5’6”-5’10. That’s a pretty large gap. Although, whomever reported her missing may not have been certain of her height. I was trying to kind of guesstimate based on that photo...relative to the (what appears to be a) male with his arm around her, but I’m not good at those things! :D

Maybe the discrepancy in height has automatically ruled out a potential match? I’d say it’s worth submitting though...because you never know. I definitely see similarities!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1593471405177.jpg
    FB_IMG_1593471405177.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 48
I'm unsure if everything check out, but what about Harris County (TX) Jane & John Doe? They were found Jan 12, 1981. It's believed that they died Nov or Dec 1980.

Jane Doe
15-25 years
5' 4" to 5' 9"
- Gap between front teeth
(Does Ida have a gap?)

John Doe
20-30 yers (possibly 15)
5' 3" to 5' 9"
- Neck injury
(Did Robert have a neck injury)

HARRIS COUNTY DOES WIKI

Members online