841 users online (107 members and 734 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NE - Shelly Miller, 50, Lincoln, 25 March 2017

Police ask for public's help searching for woman missing after fire at her house

Lincoln police are investigating the disappearance of a 50-year-old woman whose house caught fire Saturday.

Fire crews went to Shelly A. Miller's northeast Lincoln home just after 2:30 p.m. after a neighbor spotted heavy smoke coming from the basement, an LPD news release said.
    https://www.google.com/amp/journalst...d59ee.amp.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Family member expresses concern over missing Lincoln woman
    Family and neighbors are worried about the disappearance of 50-year-old Shelly Miller.

Miller was found to be missing after her home caught fire by an unattended candle in the basement Saturday afternoon.

Her neighbor Rustin Bader recalled calling 9-1-1 when he saw the smoke coming from her house.

Lincoln police are investigating the disappearance of 50-year-old Shelly A. Miller.
    http://www.klkntv.com/story/35006898...-missing-woman
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Her house is about 3 blocks from my parents and just over a mile from mine. Such a weird, sad story. Not sure what I'm thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NE - Shelly A. Miller, 50, Lincoln, 25 March 2017

Here's the video one of our local news stations had with her sister and former employer/friend...

https://www.facebook.com/klkntv/vide...8077660891343/

Her sister says something was different about her when they had dinner on Friday night.

"Christine Miller Johnson said she had dinner with Miller Friday night... "I know she is suffering from fibromyalgia and she has had a lot of pain recently. Her behavior has been slightly different lately but nothing like this though," Christine said." http://www.ketv.com/article/sister-m...-woman/9199577

Quote Originally Posted by MommyStephV View Post
    Here's the video one of our local news stations had with her sister and former employer/friend...

https://www.facebook.com/klkntv/vide...8077660891343/

http://www.ketv.com/article/sister-m...-woman/9199577

Article says they found her cellphone in the house. Her purse and sister's car were not at her house. Also, "Investigators found a dryer going, indicating Miller or some one was in the house just hours before the fire broke out, Flood said."

Quote Originally Posted by scoodyboo View Post
    Her sister says something was different about her when they had dinner on Friday night.

"Christine Miller Johnson said she had dinner with Miller Friday night... "I know she is suffering from fibromyalgia and she has had a lot of pain recently. Her behavior has been slightly different lately but nothing like this though," Christine said." http://www.ketv.com/article/sister-m...-woman/9199577

We had a neighbor that her house caught on fire due to a candle unattended. She had left for the store...when she came home it was said she tried to fan the fire out with towels.

My only thoughts is perhaps Shelly got scared and left? moo
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 03-29-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    We had a neighbor that her house caught on fire due to a candle unattended. She had left for the store...when she came home it was said she tried to fan the fire out with towels.

My only thoughts is perhaps Shelly got scared and left? moo
    Wonder what was in the dryer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagali View Post

It does seem strange...2 known fire hazards...the candle and dryer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagali View Post
    It does seem strange...2 known fire hazards...the candle and dryer.
    I'm confused... the dryer fire sounded like a separate story to Shelly's. Is that not the case?
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    I'm confused... the dryer fire sounded like a separate story to Shelly's. Is that not the case?
    The info was in a link further down the thread

Investigators found a dryer going, indicating Miller or some one was in the house just hours before the fire broke out, Flood said.
    http://www.ketv.com/article/sister-m...man/9199577%22
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 03-30-2017 at 01:45 AM.

The info was in a link further down the thread

Investigators found a dryer going, indicating Miller or some one was in the house just hours before the fire broke out, Flood said.
    http://www.ketv.com/article/sister-m...man/9199577%22
    I don't get how it shows someone had been in the house hours before if it was still running. I've never had a dryer that would run that long without being reset,
    Silence means security, silence means approval.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I don't get how it shows someone had been in the house hours before if it was still running. I've never had a dryer that would run that long without being reset,
    That is a stretch ...maybe it was all men that have never operated a dryer that came to that conclusion. Lol
    ETA Seriously, maybe they are figuring in the time to sort, wash and dry.
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 03-30-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Me dryer has a timed or continuous run setting..so it could run all day if I would set it to..never doing that !!

Always My Own Opinion

That is a stretch ...maybe it was all men that have never operated a dryer that came to that conclusion. Lol
    ETA Seriously, maybe they are figuring in the time to sort, wash and dry.
    I'm good friends with two of the firefighters that worked this, while I adore both of them, this is entirely possible!

In all seriousness, I didn't know there were any driers that would run that long. And it's been radio silence around here since the last news report when they interviewed her sister and former employer. Very weird. I still think she voluntarily left, I still don't know if I think she just ran off to clear her head, or if she unfortunately took her life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast