1080 users online (270 members and 810 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Matthew Soumakis, 31, Chicago, Dec 2005

I don't think this has been posted. Matthew Soumaki, from East Longmeadow, MA, disappeared while on a business trip to Chicago this week.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...lnorthwest-hed

Two comments - First, the Streeterville area is between Navy Pier and Michigan ave. Very wealthy, very safe. Very well-populated even late at night.

Second, if indeed he did go along the riverwalk, that might have been dangerous. There are sidewalks that run right down along the river, and definitely get icy. Most of the time in the winter, they are closed - but with the warmer weather, maybe they were kept open longer.

I hope he's all right.

He sounds like he's leading a double life.

He's only been married 8 months and his wife is already pregnant - is this his first marriage? At 31?

Sounds like he was skipping out on the conference and still talking to family saying everything was fine - and was seen alive and well days after he talked to his wife.

I think there's a lot of hope that he's alive and well. Prayers that's the case.

Has anyone seen any pictures of him in any of the articles? Since it seems like he was around for days, and was walking along the river, it seems like a composite of the distinguished looking companion, and a photo of Matthew would be very, very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    Has anyone seen any pictures of him in any of the articles? Since it seems like he was around for days, and was walking along the river, it seems like a composite of the distinguished looking companion, and a photo of Matthew would be very, very helpful.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/5490972/detail.html

Here's a somewhat grainy picture of him. There's also a slide show with some pictures of the area he disappeared from.

http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/i...e_342090705/lg

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...342085554.html also a video in this article.

Thanks for the pics.

The NBC5 article is a completely different story than the others. In that one, he was last seen leaving the bar Sunday, and then he didn't attend his meetings Monday.

The other articles state the bartender last saw him Tuesday.

Am I reading this wrong? Thanks.

Thanks for the pics.

The NBC5 article is a completely different story than the others. In that one, he was last seen leaving the bar Sunday, and then he didn't attend his meetings Monday.

The other articles state the bartender last saw him Tuesday.

Am I reading this wrong? Thanks.
    You're right, KQ! I'll watch the evening news and see what they say. Thanks for catching that.

LE has now determined the last verified sighting, at 7:45 Monday morning, when a security camera taped Matthew leaving his hotel.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...346100712.html

This is sad. I hope he's found alive and well. I also hope he didn't orchestrate his own disappearance for some reason!

Anyone hear anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mare
    Anyone hear anything?
    They haven't mentioned it on the TV news in days. The story Juliana posted is the last one I've seen.

I wonder if..

There was a case last year or year before where a young man went walking and he fell in the river. He was considered missing for a long time if I recall correctly. He was a younger guy who had been out drinking with friends and fell off the pier or something to that effect. Does anyone else remember this case? I will google it and see if I come up with anything. Anyways I think it is likely he could have fell in the water and drowned. But I hope in reality he turns out to be a run away hubby.

Body of missing businessman pulled from river

Man disappeared early December

December 20, 2005

The body of a missing businessman was pulled from the Chicago River near Division Street, police said. Mathew Soumakis, from Massachusetts, disappeared earlier this month.

Soumakis, 31, is a mutual fund accountant who got into town on Friday, December 2. He was supposed to fly home to Springfield, Massachusetts, on an American Airlines flight Tuesday. He never made the plane.

"He had talked to my mother at 6:30 a.m. that (Monday) morning and had the night before gone out with my cousin from Indianapolis, who drove up to meet him. Since that time, we haven't heard nor seen from him," said Chris Soumakis.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=3743750

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast