GUILTY TX - Police stage murders to catch couple who hired hitman - Feb 2017

CoverMeCagney

Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting case. Woman divorces husband and meets new partner. Together they conspire to hire a hitman to kill their respective exes. But it was a sting, they got rumbled, and were due in court this week.

The woman, a respected vet, had been released on $50k bail but threw herself off a 7 storey balcony yesterday.

What I find most interesting about this case is this bit:

After McDaniel and Jacob contacted the officer who was posing as a hitman, police went to elaborate lengths to arrest them. Indeed, they staged the murders with the intended victims' help to see if McDaniel and Jacob would pay for it.

Both their exes posed for mock crime-scene photographs pretending to be dead and they were delivered to the suspects as proof of their murders by the undercover cop/hitman. Jacob's ex-girlfriend pretended to have been kidnapped, gagged and murdered while McDaniel's ex-husband posed as though he'd been shot in a carjacking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...terinarian-commits-suicide.html#ixzz4ccW619nu

A prominent Montrose veterinarian accused of making an intricate murder-for-hire plot to kill her ex-husband killed herself Monday morning by jumping from her seventh-floor condo in west Houston, authorities said.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...Montrose-veterinarian-accused-in-11030747.php

The lifeless body of Valerie Busick McDaniel, 48, was found near the swimming pool of the condo in the late morning. She had moved into the upscale Willowick condo in 2015 during contentious divorce proceedings and was living there after posting bond on solicitation-of-murder charges.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...-murder-for-hire-plot-apparently-11031907.php
What goes on beneath the surface of someone's life is often little known to the outside world.

Now that Valerie Busick McDaniel has died while awaiting trial on charges that she and her boyfriend tried to hire a hit man to kill her ex-husband, there are things the public may never find out.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...about-the-vet-charged-wth-murder-11031254.php

Friends and customers of a prominent Montrose veterinarian were stunned earlier this month when she was arrested and accused of trying to arrange the killing of her ex-husband. They were shocked again Monday when she apparently leaped to her death from the seventh-floor patio of a River Oaks condominium where she lived.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...-murder-for-hire-plot-apparently-11031907.php

Tragic. I'm curious how this sting got started. There must have been a reason LE set this up. Was there already some indication that these two planned to kill their previous partners? I'm sure LE doesn't just randomly go around trying to trap innocent people into arranging murders. I hope the rest of the story comes out at the bf's trial or before.

Tragic. I'm curious how this sting got started. There must have been a reason LE set this up. Was there already some indication that these two planned to kill their previous partners? I'm sure LE doesn't just randomly go around trying to trap innocent people into arranging murders. I hope the rest of the story comes out at the bf's trial or before.

I cant say about this case but what usually happens is someone they may have contacted to do the hit reported it to police. Then the police will come in and pretend they are the hit man they are looking for that can carry the murder plot out.

IMO

From that DM article:

Jacob allegedly wanted his former partner killed to stop her from testifying against him in court where he was already facing stalking charges filed by her before their break-up. She said he assaulted her in January and continued to contact her until he was eventually arrested on February 6.

Before returning to court, he solicited an associate to help him find a hit man. That associate is a confidential informant and told police who asked him to arrange a meeting.

They met in an Olive Garden restaurant by the side of the speedway to plot the killing, Harris County District's Attorney's office told DailyMail.com. McDaniel attended it too to ask the man if he would also kill her ex-husband. Her reasons were not clear.

did I read the co defendant was also a doctor ? Bizarre case

Wow, that is very interesting that the police went to elaborate lengths by staging the intended victims' murders! I think it contributed to the shock that McDaniel and Jacob felt when they were caught because I am sure they would not have thought police would take it so far. Excellent job to the police!

Wow, that is very interesting that the police went to elaborate lengths by staging the intended victims' murders! I think it contributed to the shock that McDaniel and Jacob felt when they were caught because I am sure they would not have thought police would take it so far. Excellent job to the police!

I'm sure the police do things like this regularly but can you imagine the call?

"Hi, your ex is trying to kill you, you just need to come down to the station, put some gory make up on and pretend you're dead, and we'll catch those baddies. Y'ok with that?"

Wish I had the opportunity to meet her, if she had asked I could have helped her beat the rap, so sad

Wish I had the opportunity to meet her, if she had asked I could have helped her beat the rap, so sad

???????

Why in the world would anyone want to help anyone when they plotted and planned to carryout a heinous murder?

How could you help her 'beat the rap' and why would you even think of doing that or even want to protect anyone who plotted to murder another human being?

And if I may ask, how do you know anything about 'beating the rap' for anyone who hired a hit man to carryout a murder plot?

Honestly, your post gives me chills for some reason.

IMO

because I think that boyfriend of her's influenced her during a stressful time in her life, no telling what went down, I do know it was him who just filed Cpt 7 BK and his issue with stalking his last girlfriend etc etc from all that has been said about her, she was a lovely person with an excellent reputation, that is why

because I think that boyfriend of her's influenced her during a stressful time in her life, no telling what went down, I do know it was him who just filed Cpt 7 BK and his issue with stalking his last girlfriend etc etc from all that has been said about her, she was a lovely person with an excellent reputation, that is why

She was a lovely person with an excellent reputation? For goodness sakes she hammered out details at the local Olive Garden and probably over dinner. She wanted them to make it look like a carjacking. Then after she's shown the fake photo of her dead husband she hands over the money and her Cartier watch.

Seriously, lovely people don't put hits on their spouses.

She was a lovely person with an excellent reputation? For goodness sakes she hammered out details at the local Olive Garden and probably over dinner. She wanted them to make it look like a carjacking. Then after she's shown the fake photo of her dead husband she hands over the money and her Cartier watch.

Seriously, lovely people don't put hits on their spouses.

how do we know where this hit man / cop came from ? It was the boyfriend's idea to get this hit man. We still dont know the story and all the news reports are saying she was a wonderful person, I lay blame on the idiot boyfriend who got this cop in the 1st place. What I would like to know is how did this cop get involved? Do you think they called 911 and asked for a hit man? Nope there is a lot more to this story and the boyfriend is the key to that. My guess is he talked her into it and we dont know who said what yet but from what I have seen so far it was his deal and he later dragged her into it

McDaniel is the daughter of Carole Ann Busick, a Houston psychologist who pleaded guilty to tampering with mental health evaluations for peace officer candidates, a problem that left more than a dozen police agencies in the Houston area scrambling to retest officers to ensure they were fit for duty.

Busick, and her husband, licensed professional counselor Don Busick, who is identified in court records as McDaniel's father, were sentenced to 10 years probation. The Busicks relinquished their professional licenses and retired from their practice, according to the plea deal reached with Harris County prosecutors.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...d-of-hiring-hitman-to-kill-their-10997966.php

I honestly don't think there is any evidence she was coerced by anyone to do a murder plot of her spouse. Why do you think a man has to coerce a woman into doing something this evil and diabolical? Numerous women over the years have hired a hit man on their very own to off an ex, spouse, the current girlfriend/wife or other family members.

Women who do these type of heinous aren't little weaklings. Most women who do these kind of crimes are as cold and ruthless as any man dared to be.

I don't understand why she should have beaten the wrap just because she had an excellent reputation before she tore that to tatters by her own wrongdoing.

Right here on WS we have seen many criminals who have had stellar reputations before committing or plotting violent acts who were well liked with no criminal history whatsoever. It runs the gambit from doctors, lawyers, rocket scientists, and all professions in between. The only way she could have kept her reputation intact was to never try to hire a hit man in the first place.

I hate that she offed herself. I would have much rather seen her face trial and be punished for her murder for hire plot but it isn't that uncommon for suspect when caught to take the cowardly way out. She knew she was guilty, and would most likely spend decades in prison so she took the easy way out. IMO

IMO, she wasn't coerced. She was intelligent woman and no one should be above the law or 'beat the rap' UGH-GAG! just because they had no priors and that includes this woman.

Always blaming the man...instead of the female, and not placing accountability where it belongs only shows that women who plot and carryout heinous crimes are held to a double standard.

There is are entire series on ID devoted to "Deadly Women" and "Killer Couples.' One day this case will probably be shown on each series. IMO There is simply no excuse for anyone to plot to murder another human being.

IMO

Here is her divorce petition where she says he cheated and a host of other BS that would drive most people to the brink and then she was ordered to give him 1.7 million plus a house on Tiki Island and many more things, all probably earned by her. I feel really horrible for her, like I said earlier we do not know who said what in the hit man/cop deal but I smell a rat there and said rat was probably the one who instigated the murder for hire,this lady sure knows how to pick a partner lol :

https://media.click2houston.com/doc...Valerie McDaniel Divorce 9_9189780_ver1.0.pdf

how do we know where this hit man / cop came from ? It was the boyfriend's idea to get this hit man. We still dont know the story and all the news reports are saying she was a wonderful person, I lay blame on the idiot boyfriend who got this cop in the 1st place. What I would like to know is how did this cop get involved? Do you think they called 911 and asked for a hit man? Nope there is a lot more to this story and the boyfriend is the key to that. My guess is he talked her into it and we dont know who said what yet but from what I have seen so far it was his deal and he later dragged her into it
Why didn't she stay and fight the charges?

Her bf most likely coerced her into hiring the hit man but that's not a given, as women have hired hit men on their own accord before. If we (without evidence) decide that she was in an abusive relationship with the bf, she should have turned the tables on him and reported his plans to the police.
I bet there are secret recordings of the these two plotting or celebrating the 'hit', and she was in deep ****!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back