Richard Pryor Died Today

concernedperson

Former Member
Reaction score
Breaking news on CNN. Died early this morning of cardiac arrest. He was 65 years old. His wife said he died with a smile on his face.

I loved him in "the Toy".

Sad :(

Rest in Peace, Richard. You made many laugh.

He was a great comedian. My son still watches the movies he made with Gene Wilder.

Becba said:
He was a great comedian. My son still watches the movies he made with Gene Wilder.
My absolute all time favorite was Hear no evil, see no evil. I mean, there was NOTHING funnier than a deaf guy hearing a murder and the blind guy "seeing it".... he will be missed. I even liked him better than Eddie Murphy. Rest well funny man. :blowkiss:

awwww poor guy! I know he had been failing in health for several years...hopefully he went peacefully

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051210/ap_on_en_mo/obit_pryor

LOS ANGELES - Richard Pryor, the caustic yet perceptive actor-comedian who lived dangerously close to the edge both on stage and off, died Saturday. He was 65.

Pryor died shortly before 8 a.m. of a heart attack after being taken to a hospital from his home in the San Fernando Valley, said his business manager, Karen Finch. He had been ill for years with multiple sclerosis, a degenerative disease of the nervous system.

Rest in Peace Richard, and thank you for the many laughs...

This makes me sad. His comedy routines were a little too much for me but I sure liked his movies. He and Gene Wilder were brilliant together. I also liked him in "Some Kind of Hero." He will be missed.

I like the movie he was in with Gene Wilder where one was deaf and the other blind. Does anyone remember the name of that movie?

I loved him in "Moving"....I was on the phone with a friend when the news came across the screen and I shrieked, "oh, NO!! " :*( RIP, Richard, and thanks!!

englishleigh said:
I loved him in "Moving"....I was on the phone with a friend when the news came across the screen and I shrieked, "oh, NO!! " :*( RIP, Richard, and thanks!!

Some of his comic routines were so hysterical. I am not always about the slapstick stuff but he always cracked me up. Just the ability to make someone laugh is an especially remarkable gift.

concernedperson said:
Some of his comic routines were so hysterical. I am not always about the slapstick stuff but he always cracked me up. Just the ability to make someone laugh is an especially remarkable gift.
So true! Laughter is the best medicine. He will be missed. Rest in peace Rich...You done good!!!!!!! :clap:

MrsMush99 said:
I like the movie he was in with Gene Wilder where one was deaf and the other blind. Does anyone remember the name of that movie?
I posted that above, that was my fav. Hear no evil, See no evil. Absolutely ROFLMAO funny!

he was raised in a house of prostitution and yet made himself into a Star with his jokes. I know the last of his life was very hard but he was an extrodinary person. Very talented. I sure loved watching Richard Pryor.

i have never seen hear no evil, but my hubby says its great!!

My hubby was just raving about "Stir Crazy"....makes me want to go out and rent some RP movies and see all the ones I've never seen.

RIP, Richard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back