1024 users online (138 members and 886 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IN - Melissa Rhone, 16, Portage, 21 March 2017

Family, police looking for missing Portage girl, 16

Melissa Rhone left work at a Chesterton thrift shop at 6 p.m. on March 21 with a friend and hasn't been in contact with her family since then.

The Portage teen's father, Mike Rhone, and aunt, Linda Rhone, are trying to piece together where she went and, more importantly, where she is now so they can find her and bring her home.

"It's rough," said Mike Rhone. "It's hard to sleep, with everything else. And telling the story 100 times, it gets old."

The family has been in contact with the Portage Police Department since the day after Melissa, 16, disappeared, and the department has assigned a detective to the case.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...328-story.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Her friend can identify the boy I'm sure.

These runaways are out of control lately. Seems like every thread

Family, police looking for missing Portage girl, 16

lissa Rhone left work at a Chesterton thrift shop at 6 p.m. on March 21 with a friend and hasn't been in contact with her family since then.

The Portage teen's father, Mike Rhone, and aunt, Linda Rhone, are trying to piece together where she went and, more importantly, where she is now so they can find her and bring her home.

"It's rough," said Mike Rhone. "It's hard to sleep, with everything else. And telling the story 100 times, it gets old."

The family has been in contact with the Portage Police Department since the day after Melissa, 16, disappeared, and the department has assigned a detective to the case.

<snip>

Mike Rhone said Melissa is 5 feet 2 inches or 5 feet 3 inches tall; weighs 115 to 120 pounds; has nose and navel rings; and blonde hair and blue eyes. Anyone who knows of Melissa's whereabouts can contact Biggs at 219-764-5675.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...328-story.html
    Last edited by Tricia; 03-29-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Please remember only 10% of the article & You must have a link

Isn't 16 a little old for a feshman. I wonder if she's bounced around between mom and dad.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Article above was snipped so I deleted copying it. Still if there is a link?
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 03-29-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    Isn't 16 a little old for a feshman. I wonder if she's bounced around between mom and dad.
    My thoughts, too. Usually freshmen are around 14 when they enter 9th grade -- she could've just had a b-day and started school late, possibly. But bouncing around could be why, as suggested.

This worries me a bit. She could still show up okay, but she's missed some school days...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Here's a bit about the town of Portage from Wikipedia:

Portage is a city in Portage Township, Porter County, Indiana, United States. The population was 36,828 as of the 2010 census. It is the largest city in Porter County, and third largest in Northwest Indiana. Wikipedia
    Elevation: 636′
    Weather: 52°F (11°C), Wind E at 13 mph (21 km/h), 54% Humidity
    Zip code: 46368
    Local time: Wednesday 5:47 PM
    Population: 36,812 (2013)
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#s...tage+indiana&*

Looks like it's 40--50 miles from Chicago. Its northern border is Lake Michigan.
    Last edited by borndem; 03-29-2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: removed blank lines to save space

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

IN - Melissa Rhone, 16, Portage, 21 March 2017

https://m.facebook.com/missingcases/...618672/?type=3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    Article above was snipped so I deleted copying it. Still if there is a link?
    Never mind. Link has since been provided.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    Possibly missed some school if she has gone missing before and was unable to advance to the next grade.
    Moo. I do not know if she has gone missing before though.

I have a relative that used to teach at the high school; 16 is definitely on the upper age of a freshman but she was probably held back in early grades. This is a fairly small town; hope they find her safe.

She still has ONE active Facebook account. I bet the person she went with was named Steven. Check out the link and go to the about section.
    https://m.facebook.com/public/Meliss...6%3A1490850492

AJS03182002 is offline Verified insider - Stark County Ohio murders
    Melissa was adopted at birth. I am very close friends with her bio-mom. She still sees her bio-mom but not regularly since she lives in Alabama. She has run away once before when she was 13 but she was found that evening. It sounds like Melissa left in anger since her father did say that they had fought over a Facebook posting and she was supposed to come home that evening and "face the consequences". I do not know her adoptive family so I'm not sure what her home life is like there.
    Last edited by AJS03182002; 03-30-2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Wrong info

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird7915 View Post
    She still has ONE active Facebook account. I bet the person she went with was named Steven. Check out the link and go to the about section.
    https://m.facebook.com/public/Meliss...6%3A1490850492
    Hmmmm theres a steven liking her photo, hmmmm

All moo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast