Found Safe IN - Melissa Rhone, 16, Portage, 21 March 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Family, police looking for missing Portage girl, 16
253x450

Melissa Rhone left work at a Chesterton thrift shop at 6 p.m. on March 21 with a friend and hasn't been in contact with her family since then.

The Portage teen's father, Mike Rhone, and aunt, Linda Rhone, are trying to piece together where she went and, more importantly, where she is now so they can find her and bring her home.

"It's rough," said Mike Rhone. "It's hard to sleep, with everything else. And telling the story 100 times, it gets old."

The family has been in contact with the Portage Police Department since the day after Melissa, 16, disappeared, and the department has assigned a detective to the case.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...b-portage-missing-st-0329-20170328-story.html

Her friend can identify the boy I'm sure.

These runaways are out of control lately. Seems like every thread

Family, police looking for missing Portage girl, 16

lissa Rhone left work at a Chesterton thrift shop at 6 p.m. on March 21 with a friend and hasn't been in contact with her family since then.

The Portage teen's father, Mike Rhone, and aunt, Linda Rhone, are trying to piece together where she went and, more importantly, where she is now so they can find her and bring her home.

"It's rough," said Mike Rhone. "It's hard to sleep, with everything else. And telling the story 100 times, it gets old."

The family has been in contact with the Portage Police Department since the day after Melissa, 16, disappeared, and the department has assigned a detective to the case.

<snip>

Mike Rhone said Melissa is 5 feet 2 inches or 5 feet 3 inches tall; weighs 115 to 120 pounds; has nose and navel rings; and blonde hair and blue eyes. Anyone who knows of Melissa's whereabouts can contact Biggs at 219-764-5675.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...b-portage-missing-st-0329-20170328-story.html

Isn't 16 a little old for a feshman. I wonder if she's bounced around between mom and dad.

Article above was snipped so I deleted copying it. Still if there is a link?

Isn't 16 a little old for a feshman. I wonder if she's bounced around between mom and dad.

My thoughts, too. Usually freshmen are around 14 when they enter 9th grade -- she could've just had a b-day and started school late, possibly. But bouncing around could be why, as suggested.

This worries me a bit. She could still show up okay, but she's missed some school days...

Here's a bit about the town of Portage from Wikipedia:

Portage is a city in Portage Township, Porter County, Indiana, United States. The population was 36,828 as of the 2010 census. It is the largest city in Porter County, and third largest in Northwest Indiana. Wikipedia
Elevation: 636&#8242;
Weather: 52°F (11°C), Wind E at 13 mph (21 km/h), 54% Humidity
Zip code: 46368
Local time: Wednesday 5:47 PM
Population: 36,812 (2013)

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&q=portage+indiana&*

Looks like it's 40--50 miles from Chicago. Its northern border is Lake Michigan.

Possibly missed some school if she has gone missing before and was unable to advance to the next grade.
Moo. I do not know if she has gone missing before though.

I have a relative that used to teach at the high school; 16 is definitely on the upper age of a freshman but she was probably held back in early grades. This is a fairly small town; hope they find her safe.

Melissa was adopted at birth. I am very close friends with her bio-mom. She still sees her bio-mom but not regularly since she lives in Alabama. She has run away once before when she was 13 but she was found that evening. It sounds like Melissa left in anger since her father did say that they had fought over a Facebook posting and she was supposed to come home that evening and "face the consequences". I do not know her adoptive family so I'm not sure what her home life is like there.

Can you share her town in AL? I'm sleuthing a different case, but curious about overlap.

So she left work at 6 (had a ca) then got a ride to meet the male at 9:30? Where was she in that time?

So she left work at 6 (had a ca) then got a ride to meet the male at 9:30? Where was she in that time?

Her friend picked her up at work at 6:00. The story from the friend about when/where she was dropped off has changed a couple of times. Walmart at 9:30 was the last thing she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melissa was adopted at birth. I am very close friends with her bio-mom. She still sees her bio-mom but not regularly since she lives in Alabama. She has run away once before when she was 13 but she was found that evening. It sounds like Melissa left in anger since her father did say that they had fought over a Facebook posting and she was supposed to come home that evening and "face the consequences". I do not know her adoptive family so I'm not sure what her home life is like there.

I do not like this.
What was it that they "fought over" on FB

His daughter (adopted) is missing and what's on his mind is to reprimand her. He is demeaning her in public which is unexpected. She is missing.

Her safe return is what should be uppermost on his mind, then address (in private) what may or may not have happened, when she's home, safe.
He doesn't make a plea for her to come home.
He doesn't tell us his fears for her.
Is she safe?
Is she being fed?
Is she warm?
etc..

"She's been mad at me before," Mike Rhone said, but she hasn't run off, though when she was 13 and living with her mom in Rockport, she ran away for a day but was found by that night.

What was she "mad" at him "before" about.

What about his daughter?
Is it rough for her?
Is she sleeping?
What is "everything else"?
Why hold back now after already putting her down?
Has something more serious gone on?

And telling the story 100 times, it gets old."

This is concerning.

It is not a story?
Would you care how many time you told "the story" He seems annoyed even telling the "story" of what he knows.

This is not a good relationship.

He doesn't use her name (in this article anyway) which is distancing language. And also unexpected, if it is not heavily edited.

"It's just a scary thought not knowing where she's at," Linda Rhone said. "It would be one thing if we knew she was mad and at a friend's (house)."

Her aunt shows more concern.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back