1243 users online (180 members and 1063 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

15-year-old Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas may be in the area of Decatur, Alabama.

She is white, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet 5 inches and 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings.

Thomas is believed to be in the company of 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a white male, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving a Silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag number 976ZPT.

http://wate.com/2017/03/14/statewide...ennessee-teen/
    http://www.waff.com/story/34847631/e...n-decatur-area
    http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/state...teen/422561108

Verified Insiders:

MCElizabethsSISTER

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 03-29-2017 at 11:27 AM.

TN - AMBER ALERT:Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 # 4

Witness at school considered Tad Cummins a ‘mentor,’ but reported seeing him kiss Elizabeth Thomas
    Posted Mar 20, 2017
    Updated at 9:47 AM

Elizabeth Thomas growled at the student who reported her for kissing former Culleoka teacher Tad Cummins inside his classroom, her family told The Daily Herald, but otherwise the two had no contact with the witness after she turned them in.

Cummins was inside his classroom after school Jan. 23 with his grandson and Thomas, the girl told family members, when she walked in and inexplicably saw them kissing. Cummins and Thomas were sitting side by side in chairs and kissed on the lips as the grandchild, who also attends Culleoka, was using one of the classroom's computers.

"She was shocked and walked out of the classroom," a family member said. "She didn't expect that. She didn't know why it was happening. She thought of Tad as someone who really cared about his students and had a hard time with what she saw. She went home, told her mother, and knew what she had to do — report him the next morning."

The Rules - Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals

Victim (missing or murdered person)
    Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Public Pages
    Mainstream Media (MSM)
    Law Enforcement (LE)
    Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
    Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
    Friends of either a victim or a suspect
    Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

TN - AMBER ALERT: Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

Amber Alert: Family doesn’t think Elizabeth Thomas left willingly
    Published: March 29, 2017

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – While more than 1,000 tips have poured in to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, an Amber Alert remains in effect for Elizabeth Thomas and her former teacher Tad Cummins.

Authorities held a joint press conference Tuesday where they stressed the relationship between Thomas and Cummins was not a romance.

“Grooming, because that is exactly what was going on. You had a 50-year-old educated man who was obviously trying to convince this venerable 15-year-old girl that being in a relationship with him was the right thing to do,” said Cooper.

<snip>

DA Cooper said Tuesday that Mexican law enforcement was notified of the Amber Alert for Thomas. And while investigators say they don’t have any substantial tips that lead them to believe the two have crossed the border, but they are not ruling anything out.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 03-29-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KKearns View Post
    Without pulling up the packet again, it seems that ET's father wasn't informed immediately of the kiss allegation and when he did find out, no one really discussed with him according to the letter from the lawyer.

The second the kiss allegation happened, the father should have been called and brought in to a meeting at the school, if they didn't do that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    IIRC the father wasn't informed by the school at all. The sheriff went to his house 1 WEEK later and that's how he found out about the kiss.
    JOHN WALSH--AMERICAN HERO

Quote Originally Posted by BessDrew View Post
    At schools where I have worked, it has been made clear that computers are district property and that administration even had software that allowed them to review computer usage. So there is a possibility they could have legally, but the draft system they were using would've been difficult to detect in my mind...especially if they were erasing them after they were read. Even if an admin checked, there might not have been any draft messages at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe it saved the drafts to the server and that is how LE found them. With your company email the IT person has the ability and companies have the authority, to read every single email of every single employee.

I'm not sure if an IT person would not have thought to go through everything. If the school just said "give me the password" and looked through his emails, then sure that person might not have thought to even open the draft folder.

I just looked at the letter.. 7 days after the kiss, LE informed ET's dad about the allegation of the kiss.

When the child reported the kiss to the school, ET's father should have been notified immediately, there is no excuse for not notifying him of an allegation like that involving his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by indianwin2001 View Post
    IIRC the father wasn't informed by the school at all. The sheriff went to his house 1 WEEK later and that's how he found out about the kiss.
    Yup, I just pulled up the letter and found that. ET's father should have been called immediately after the allegation.

Quote Originally Posted by KKearns View Post
    ET's sister has also said that some teachers have not been great with some of the sisters also. She didn't expound on what was said to them because she wasn't there.

Right. I would definitely want to look into those perceptions and find out what the teachers specific actions and statements were. I just don't want to generalize that any teacher not wearing a green ribbon in front of their class must be abstaining bc they support Tad.

Usually teachers quickly distance themselves from other staff charged in a crime. If this isn't the case, the school should be very immediately and very diligently looking into the sister's report that teachers were being supportive of Tad.

Marking my spot

Can't believe we are at thread #8 & still no solid leads or confirmed sightings

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Can you link a msm source for this info about the second student. That's been a source of confusion for me, and I can't recall where I initially read about that. Thanks.
    Here is the article where I first saw a second student and it being a grandchild. With this and the packet, I don't know if this 2nd student is the same 2nd student mentioned in the information the school put in TC's file about the allegation.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/n...izabeth-thomas

Quote Originally Posted by J4cknsal1y View Post
    Can't believe we are at thread #8 & still no solid leads or confirmed sightings

I know.. I would just feel so much better if we could at least get a confirmed sighting or something. Nothing since the phone ping just gets me more concerned with each passing day.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    15-year-old Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas may be in the area of Decatur, Alabama.

She is white, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet 5 inches and 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings.

Thomas is believed to be in the company of 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a white male, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving a Silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag number 976ZPT.

http://wate.com/2017/03/14/statewide...ennessee-teen/
    http://www.waff.com/story/34847631/e...n-decatur-area
    http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/state...teen/422561108

Verified Insiders:

MCElizabethsSISTER

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7

I believe LE corrected her height in the PC yesterday she is 5 ft tall?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Witness at school considered Tad Cummins a ‘mentor,’ but reported seeing him kiss Elizabeth Thomas
    Posted Mar 20, 2017
    Updated at 9:47 AM

Elizabeth Thomas growled at the student who reported her for kissing former Culleoka teacher Tad Cummins inside his classroom, her family told The Daily Herald, but otherwise the two had no contact with the witness after she turned them in.

Cummins was inside his classroom after school Jan. 23 with his grandson and Thomas, the girl told family members, when she walked in and inexplicably saw them kissing. Cummins and Thomas were sitting side by side in chairs and kissed on the lips as the grandchild, who also attends Culleoka, was using one of the classroom's computers.

"She was shocked and walked out of the classroom," a family member said. "She didn't expect that. She didn't know why it was happening. She thought of Tad as someone who really cared about his students and had a hard time with what she saw. She went home, told her mother, and knew what she had to do — report him the next morning."
    From this article, it seems unclear that the grandson was the "friend" who accompanied the student when she confronted TC. In fact, from this information, we don't know if the grandson was questioned (though I assume he was) or what he told the school he saw or didn't see.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    From this article, it seems unclear that the grandson was the "friend" who accompanied the student when she confronted TC. In fact, from this information, we don't know if the grandson was questioned (though I assume he was) or what he told the school he saw or didn't see.
    Right, that's what I said.. After reading the information from TC's employment file, I'm not sure if the 2nd student mentioned there is the 2nd student mentioned in the article.

So we don't know if there were 3 students involved or just two.

Last edited by KKearns; 03-29-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast