1018 users online (216 members and 802 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH/KY - Donald Harvey, 'Angel Of Death' SK Dies After Prison Attack

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - Ohio authorities say a serial killer who admitted killing three dozen hospital patients in Ohio and Kentucky during the 1970s and '80s has died after being attacked in his cell.

A prisons spokeswoman says 64-year-old Donald Harvey died Thursday, two days after state troopers say he was found beaten at the state's prison in Toledo.

13502459_G.jpg

http://www.lex18.com/story/35032852/...-prison-attack
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

I found a decent article that gives a run-down of Harvey's life and crimes. It's from the Daily Mail. When they write about something worth reading, they can have some good stories. As long as you can ignore the junk ones like "One of the Kardashian girls just realized that your hair can get wet when it's raining and is having a press conference this afternoon to warn their fans" and the like that are all along the right side of the page.

'Angel of Death' murderer who killed up to 87 people in the 1970s and '80s dies two days after being beaten 'by a fellow inmate' in his Ohio prison cell
    The Daily Mail (London, UK)
    3/30/2017
    The 'Angel of Death' serial killer, who admitted to killing three dozen hospital patients in Ohio and Kentucky during the 1970s and '80s, has died after being attacked in his prison cell.

A prisons spokeswoman says 64-year-old Donald Harvey died Thursday at 9.08am, two days after state troopers say he was found beaten in his cell at the state's prison in Toledo.
    His first kill came on May 30, 1970 when he killed 88-year-old Logan Evans with a sheet of plastic and a pillow, and listened to his heart with a stethoscope as he died.

The following day he accidentally killed James Tyree, 69, when he used the wrong size catheter on him.

His third victim, claimed on June 22, was also the first of a series of 'mercy killings'. He said Elizabeth Wyatt, 42, had been praying to die so he turned down her oxygen supply until she died.

His victims were claimed while he was at Marymount Hospital in London, Kentucky; the Cincinnati VA Medical Hospital; and Cincinnati's Drake Memorial Hospital.

Here's a basic timeline of Harvey's life (.pdf file) like some of the killers on Murderpedia have...

The only thing I saw that was off was where he was born. He was actually born in SW Ohio, up near Cincinnati. His family moved to Booneville when he was little, so that was where he was raised. I was puzzled by that at first. Nearly everything I read about him said he was born in Butler County, OH. I didn't see how somebody could confuse Owsley County with Cincy, but they weren't completely wrong after all.

Donald Harvey
    “Angel of Death”

(via Murderpedia)
    Killed Ben Gilbert. This was significant because it was his first premeditated
    murder. Ben had knocked Donald unconscious with a urinal and poured its
    contents over him, claiming that he thought Donald was a burglar. Harvey
    retaliated by catheterizing Gilbert using a female sized #20 catheter instead of the
    smaller #18 for men. He then straightened out a coat hanger and shoved the wire
    through the catheter about two feet, puncturing his bladder and bowel. He went
    into instant shck, breaking into a cold sweat and going into a coma. Harvey
    disposed of the wire and replaced the #20 catheter with a #18.
    When Donald found out that Carl had been going to the park every Monday and
    “playing around” with other men, he started feeding him small doses of arsenic to
    make him sick on Sunday so that he couldn’t go to the park on Monday.
    The death by catheter sounded horrifying even before the coat hanger got involved.

I also saw that Carl Hoeweler, Harvey's one-time boyfriend (the one he'd give arsenic to so that he'd be too incapacitated to cheat on him) died a couple years ago. It seems that he (probably) died of cancer. I wonder if Harvey's "medication" years ago had any effect on him developing cancer.

Carl F. HOEWELER
    Passed away Tuesday August 4, 2015. Age 74 years. Carl was a hairdresser for over 54 years and was the owner of Carl's Coiffures in Mt. Airy. A Visitation will be held at the Wilson Chapel of Twin Towers Retirement Community on Monday, August 17, 2015 from 10 AM until time of Memorial Service at 11 AM. Donations may be sent to the American Institute for Cancer Research...
    Last edited by bflocket; 04-01-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Investigators haven't publicly identified or charged the suspect or said why the suspect was in protective custody.
    <snip> http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/donal...nit-union-says

Hmmm. I wonder if Harvey's killer will eventually be charged. Was it self-defense?
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    <snip> http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/donal...nit-union-says

Hmmm. I wonder if Harvey's killer will eventually be charged. Was it self-defense?
    Who knows? I'd expect that the other guy would be the only real witness. That being, if guards could have seen (in person or on a surveillance camera) that someone was getting the living "$#!+" beat out of them, they could have stopped it before it became fatal.