OR OR - Selma, Valley Heights Rd, WhtFem 20-35, UP16479, metopic suture, Jan'97

Romulus

Inactive
Reaction score
Namus UP 16479

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16479

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)

Found January 4, 1997 in Josephine County, OR
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: to
Estimated postmortem interval: years

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20-35 (Adult - Pre 40)

Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: Persistent metopic suture

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is not available
DNA: S
ample available - not yet submitted

Case History:
The partial remains of a young female were found on unimproved property near Valley Heights Road in Selma, Oregon.

Just submitted a match for Teresa Peroni, missing since 07/03/1983.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20132/46

The MP was last seen 1 KILOMETRE from where the UID was located. The circumstances are also fairly suggestive from the point of view that the MP was last seen being led into the woods by her boyfriend, who returned alone.

Distance between 1270 Illinois River Road (Teresa Peroni's last known location) and 612 Valley Heights Road (UID Location) is roughly a ten minute walk​.

As expected, LE were already aware of a possible match due to the circumstances. Currently, the DNA sample for Teresa Peroni is shown as having been submitted and completed, whilst the DNA sample for the Jane Doe is shown as having been submitted, but not completed.

attachment.php

Surely this is a match?

Attachments

• IMG_7115.jpg
    IMG_7115.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_7116.JPG
    IMG_7116.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 34
SO? It's been 2 years since the comment below. Has that Jane Doe DNA sample been completed yet? This is quite the delay.......

As expected, LE were already aware of a possible match due to the circumstances. Currently, the DNA sample for Teresa Peroni is shown as having been submitted and completed, whilst the DNA sample for the Jane Doe is shown as having been submitted, but not completed.

So is there a problem with the Jane Doe's DNA in this case?
Not sure in this case TBH. The last thing on this thread (when NamUs made DNA viewable to the public) was that it was submitted but not complete. I actually have no idea what that means. Hopefully someone else will weigh in.

Her NamUs page was updated recently. I wonder if this means there's been progress with the DNA testing? They haven't ruled out Teresa Peroni, have they?

Still no rule outs as of 2023. Might be worth following up if someone already hasn't. DNA testing should have been completed by now.

Has anybody else taken note of the fact that in NAMUS, Jane Doe now has the same case number with the Josephine County Sheriff's Office as Teresa Peroni? H<modsnip> From what I could determine when speaking with the state ME, the DNA from Jane Doe was too degraded to be of use. I believe that we're waiting for Parabon Nanolabs to take the case, as they have a running contract with Oregon and are the only lab allowed to do genetic genealogy for the state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping for this young lady. Still no exclusions.

1711475794317.jpeg

Hi everyone. Me again, I got a redacted copy of the Teresa Peroni file from the Josephine County Sheriff's Office. Apparently in 2004, the FBI wanted to get mitochondrial DNA from the skull fragments of this Jane Doe to compare to Teresa. As in, they were actively on the case. When the lead of the JoCo Major Crimes Unit tried to track the remains down, the Central Point Medical Examiner was unable to find them. the detective made several requests, but ultimately had to retract the FBI's involvement because he did not have the skull. I am assuming that they have it again, as my more recent correspondence with the state ME indicated that the remains were awaiting DNA extraction at a lab in Texas. To add to that, recently more DNA swabs were taken from Teresa Peroni's family recently. I have a feeling this comparison may be happening sooner rather than later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back