GUILTY Canada - Makayla Chang, 16, Nanaimo, BC, 19 March 2017

kmclaren

Reaction score
Do the pictures of those two remind anyone of another two people we are looking for??

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

It's really sad that this is the first time we're hearing about this young girl. I hope she's okay.

http://www.cheknews.ca/new-details-emerge-about-missing-nanaimo-teen-and-steven-bacon-296782/

Part of a letter Bacon wrote to Makayla:

“It’s my dearest baby bird,” says Dolly Chang reading the handwritten letter. “That’s what he calls her, baby bird,” she says. “Angel I want you to know that you are the most precious person I have ever known and said I wanted to adopt and be your father…” the letter reads.

Creepy, if you ask me.

One of his daughters has put out a plea for her return on FB, the comments give a lot of backstory.

There is at least one other FB for Makayla under the name "Leah Rose" that I can't seem to link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! Oh no! and eeeeew!!!!!

We don't know that Makayla sees him as a love interest. Maybe father figure? He's a creep. Let's get him!

Very sad that this kid isn't getting the attention that ET is. Where are the articles about her? Not many that I can see. How did she know the perp prior to taking off? Did they exchange communications? Did the grandmother know he was sending letters and calling her baby bird or whatever?

Very sad that this kid isn't getting the attention that ET is. Where are the articles about her? Not many that I can see. How did she know the perp prior to taking off? Did they exchange communications? Did the grandmother know he was sending letters and calling her baby bird or whatever?

Per friends she met him early last summer. She had been staying with him on and off and her grandmother/caregiver couldn't do anything about it because she was 16 and at the age of consent. From FB posts he spent a considerable amount of time with a group of young teens and provided money/drugs/shopping trips at the least for Makayla.

OMG! Oh no! and eeeeew!!!!!

We don't know that Makayla sees him as a love interest. Maybe father figure? He's a creep. Let's get him!

I found information on Facebook indicating this is a very dangerous predator. I found it through a post on the Find Kayla Facebook page which was tagged by someone with the same last name as the 53 year old. I went on from there and followed the yellow brick road so to speak. Terrifying.

Per friends she met him early last summer. She had been staying with him on and off and her grandmother/caregiver couldn't do anything about it because she was 16 and at the age of consent. From FB posts he spent a considerable amount of time with a group of young teens and provided money/drugs/shopping trips at the least for Makayla.

Thank you so much for that! I've done a bit of digging. What I'm finding is this is a highly manipulative person who makes up stories so people will feel bad for him but he's dangerous.

Also, I read that the age of consent is not 16 in these types of situations- older man exploiting or harboring a young teen. Then the age of consent is 18.

Rumor from FB is that she was starting to become afraid of this man. Apparently she doesn't have a father figure and wanted one? But now she is in trouble.

My feeling on this case is she may she may not be alive and the creep is hiding out because he harmed her.

Logged in to check on ET case and saw this at top of page. First time I'm hearing about this. LE and media need to stop sitting on stuff like this and get it out ASAP...nationwide.

This is the first I've heard of this case as well...I wonder why it isn't getting the same publicity as the Tennessee case? How many other cases like this ate out there? It's crazy. I hope they can find her soon.

I found information on Facebook indicating this is a very dangerous predator. I found it through a post on the Find Kayla Facebook page which was tagged by someone with the same last name as the 53 year old. I went on from there and followed the yellow brick road so to speak. Terrifying.
He is a named POI. Let's find out all we can about him. We need to know where he'd take her. We need to know his criminal record.

Do they have passports?

Where are the parents? Looks like she is adopted? What? Mom didn't check out where her daughter was sleeping over? Parenting 101!!
Never heard of this case in Ontario either.

She has been living with her grandmother since 3 yrs. Sounds like a handful.

I do not believe US LE tracks Canadian crimes unless the persons could be in the States; that is probably why we haven't heard much here.

“Makayla had been staying off and on at his place for the last two months. But she’d been lying to me when she texted me at night saying she was staying at friends,” says Dolly Chang.

[...]

“She adamantly refused to believe anything bad about Steve. I said what he’s doing isn’t right. He shouldn’t be hanging around with you,” says Chang. “Just so angry with him. And now he’s gone. Yeah. Yeah.”

http://www.cheknews.ca/new-details-emerge-about-missing-nanaimo-teen-and-steven-bacon-296782/

Police executed a search warrant on Bacon’s home on Bruce Avenue in Nanaimo, looking for any evidence and hoping to find clues that could help them find Makayla Chang and bring her home to her family.

“She’s 16 years old she was living with family she was very active on social media she has dropped off the map that’s very concerning for us and her family,” says Cst. Gary O’Brien of Nanaimo RCMP.

http://www.cheknews.ca/search-intensifies-missing-nanaimo-teen-makayla-chang-295827/

Nanaimo RCMP is looking to speak with anyone who has information regarding Chang’s disappearance. If you have information on her disappearance, call the Nanaimo RCMP at 250-754-2345. To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at www.nanaimocrimestoppers.com, text 274637, keyword Nanaimo or call 1-800-222-8477.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3345569/nanaimo-rcmp-believe-missing-teen-in-company-of-53-year-old-man/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back