Age last seen: 29

Age now: 33
Sex & Race: White Female
Hair color: Blond/Strawberry
Eyes Color: Blue
Height: 68.0
Weight: 145.0 to 150.0
Scars and Marks:
Tattoo of butterfly on stomach and cross on her back. Tattoo of a rose on left ankle. Tattoo of the letters "ph" on left ring finger. Tattoo of a fairy on her right ankle and tattoo of "ZOE" on her neck

Missing from Deerfield Beach on 10 June 2013

Here are some photos of Heather and a couple more links
https://missingbutnotforgotten2014.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/missing-heather-lacey/
http://www.sheriff.org/apps/missingpersons/details.cfm?casenumber=02-1312-001421

The missing but not forgotten link says that Heather was last seen in the areas of Hallandale Beach/ Hollywood Florida - there is also a lot of information in the comments regarding POI's, theories, etc. None of it substantiated of course.

The missing date is actually Nov 21 2013 in the links and her facebook page backs that up with posts up until close to then: https://www.facebook.com/heather.lacey.33

heather-blog1 (2).jpgheather-blog1 (2).jpgheather-blog1 (2).jpg

When Lilian Argueta opened a used upright freezer at her scrap business and saw a woman’s body inside, she was so frightened she began to scream. "I thought it was a witch, or a mannequin,” said Argueta, who runs the business in Margate with her husband, Pedro Rodriguez. “I thought, ‘It can’t be a person.’ But there was a bad odor.”...

Lacey was 35 when she disappeared almost six years ago. The discovery of her body is just part of a case that spans Broward County. Hollywood Police and the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office are working to solve it... In December 2013, Randell Lacey filed a missing-persons report for his daughter with the Broward Sheriff’s Office, and told deputies she lived on the streets and was bipolar, the report said...

The discovery of Heather Lacey’s remains may never have happened if another body hadn’t been found 24 miles to the east, in Hollywood. Jonathan Escarzaga, 36, was last seen alive around Feb. 10, and was found dead a week later in his apartment.
Old freezer in warehouse reveals terrifying secret: Body of woman missing nearly 6 years

“After police investigated inside Escarzaga’s apartment, the building manager hired a Margate appliance refurbishing company to remove all of the appliances, including an old upright freezer.”

Wow. My question is the same. Why didn’t anyone open the freezer? It was an appliance refurbishing service. They should have been familiar with the normal weight of an upright freezer. Do they not check to ensure the food has been removed? That is really odd to me.

Last edited:
I suppose they saw at a glance that is was too old to be worth refurbishing so just moved it to the pile which went to the scrap company.
I wonder how often they dropped off appliances to the scrap yard. Did it sit at the refurbishing company for a period of time? Maybe it really was empty when it was removed from the apartment. Maybe someone had access to the appliance company’s storage area. Hmmmm.

There's only a handful of people that had access to the refrigerator after it left the apartment.

So this shouldn't take long. Plus she was somewhere in Florida for 6years. So was she being held captive somewhere for 5 years or so.

Strange case. But condolences to the family.

Old freezer in warehouse reveals terrifying secret: Body of woman missing nearly 6 years

Heather Lacey's body was discovered in the freezer one night in March, at their warehouse bay on Northwest Eighth Street in Broward County, FL in March 2019.
Well the man JE in whose apartment her body had been kept wasn’t the guy that was rumoured to have killed her (per the comments in the missing but not forgotten link I linked to previously).

As the news article states, JE wasn’t known to Heather as far as her family were aware. I found records of a couple of cocaine possession and drug paraphernalia charges for him. Maybe they knew each other through that side of her life as it’s been reported heather did struggle with drug problems at times, or perhaps they met via her occasional sex work.

How sad for heathers family to have this as the resolution. Nobody deserves to have their life to end this way.

Body found in freezer at Florida warehouse identified as woman missing since 2013

MARGATE, Fla. – The body of a woman who vanished over five years ago was found inside a freezer at a Florida scrap business last month, the Sun Sentinel reports.

Business owner Lilian Argueta told the paper that she opened the discarded freezer and screamed after seeing what she thought at first was the body of a “witch or a mannequin.”

The body belonged to Heather Anne Lacey, a 29-year-old mother of two who was last seen in November, 2013, according to the Sentinel.

The freezer reportedly belonged to Jonathan Escarzaga, who was found dead in his apartment in February. The manager of the unit reportedly had the appliances sent to the scrap warehouse, where Argueta made the grisly discovery.

Argueta told the paper that it appeared Lacey’s palms were pointed toward the inside of the door and her legs were drawn up against her body as if she had been trying to push it open.

It’s not yet clear if Escarzaga and Lacey knew each other.

Police are withholding full results of an autopsy by the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office until the investigation into Lacey’s death if finished.

Body found in freezer at Florida warehouse identified as woman missing since 2013

MARGATE, Fla. – The body of a woman who vanished over five years ago was found inside a freezer at a Florida scrap business last month, the Sun Sentinel reports.

Business owner Lilian Argueta told the paper that she opened the discarded freezer and screamed after seeing what she thought at first was the body of a “witch or a mannequin.”

The body belonged to Heather Anne Lacey, a 29-year-old mother of two who was last seen in November, 2013, according to the Sentinel.

The freezer reportedly belonged to Jonathan Escarzaga, who was found dead in his apartment in February. The manager of the unit reportedly had the appliances sent to the scrap warehouse, where Argueta made the grisly discovery.

Argueta told the paper that it appeared Lacey’s palms were pointed toward the inside of the door and her legs were drawn up against her body as if she had been trying to push it open.

It’s not yet clear if Escarzaga and Lacey knew each other.

Police are withholding full results of an autopsy by the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office until the investigation into Lacey’s death if finished.
So the manager of the unit (I'm assuming "unit" means apartment) sent the freezer to the scrap warehouse...without ever opening it?!

Makes me think the freezer was padlocked or chained shut - and the manager didn't want to deal with the work of opening it. Otherwise, wouldn't most people open the door to the freezer to see what was inside, empty it out, etc?

Being locked/chained also might explain her position in the freezer - it seems an adult could open a freezer from inside unless it were locked shut. Which means she was alive when put in there and he locked her in?

JE's life and whereabouts need to be investigated - there could be other victims.

jmo

Here are some photos of Heather and a couple more links
Heather Lacey, missing since November
Home | Broward Sheriff's Office

The missing but not forgotten link says that Heather was last seen in the areas of Hallandale Beach/ Hollywood Florida - there is also a lot of information in the comments regarding POI's, theories, etc. None of it substantiated of course.

The missing date is actually Nov 21 2013 in the links and her facebook page backs that up with posts up until close to then: Kendallmotivatedbymyhaterz Lacey

View attachment 120319View attachment 120319View attachment 120319

Those comments are interesting. So sad..

So the manager of the unit (I'm assuming "unit" means apartment) sent the freezer to the scrap warehouse...without ever opening it?!

Makes me think the freezer was padlocked or chained shut - and the manager didn't want to deal with the work of opening it. Otherwise, wouldn't most people open the door to the freezer to see what was inside, empty it out, etc?

Being locked/chained also might explain her position in the freezer - it seems an adult could open a freezer from inside unless it were locked shut. Which means she was alive when put in there and he locked her in?

JE's life and whereabouts need to be investigated - there could be other victims.

jmo

The article specifically states that it wasn't locked or chained. On another unnamed site folks were also discussing this case and a few people who had done work as movers stated that they would *never* open the fridge as it is highly likely to be full of rotten food and would smell horrific. They would simply seal it up with tape and transport it where they were supposed to transport it. Hard to say anything for sure, but I can see the logic in that thought process.

Huh, Dexter? My assumption was that the guy who died in the apartment killed her and he kept her body in the freezer for 6 years. That no one checked the freezer after the guy died until the people running the scrap yard opened it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back