Rocky Mountain News: Ramseys sue Fox News

candy

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ramsey/article/0,1299,DRMN_1296_2528734,00.html

Ramseys sue Fox News
Litigation focuses on story that denied evidence of intruder

By Charlie Brennan and Lynn Bartels, Rocky Mountain News
December 24, 2003

JonBenet Ramsey's parents filed a $12 million federal defamation lawsuit in Atlanta on Tuesday against the Fox News Network, responding to a story broadcast last year by Denver-based staffer Carol McKinley.

In the story that sparked the suit, McKinley stated there has "never been any evidence to link an intruder to her brutal murder."

Originally posted by candy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ramsey/article/0,1299,DRMN_1296_2528734,00.html

Ramseys sue Fox News
Litigation focuses on story that denied evidence of intruder

By Charlie Brennan and Lynn Bartels, Rocky Mountain News
December 24, 2003

JonBenet Ramsey's parents filed a $12 million federal defamation lawsuit in Atlanta on Tuesday against the Fox News Network, responding to a story broadcast last year by Denver-based staffer Carol McKinley.

In the story that sparked the suit, McKinley stated there has "never been any evidence to link an intruder to her brutal murder."

There is no evidence to "link" an intruder to JonBenet's murder.
In ANY murder crime scene you will find artifacts or "evidence" that might look like it is connected to the crime - but it isn't.
This case is no different. Particularly when you must rely on the Ramseys themselves to say whether or not some particular piece of "evidence" found in the home was supposed to be there or not.
How easy it is to say "no." How can they prove otherwise?

Carol Mckinnley is right.

Originally posted by K777angel
Carol Mckinnley is right.
She is not right. I doubt she has the ability to right. I doubt she has the desire to be right.

Originally posted by Toth
She is not right. I doubt she has the ability to right. I doubt she has the desire to be right.
Hey Toth, cross your fingers! This isn't another Chris Wolfe joke suit, this is FOX network. Fox has enough money to hire lawyers that can take such a big bite out of Lin Wood's a$$ that he'll never sit down again!
Let's hope FOX has the balls to finally put Patsy and Company on trial for murder in a civil courtroom!

Toth, so far, the evidence points to the Ramseys...

Burke's Hi-Tec boot print

Melinda's axillary hair

Melinda's palm print on the door

The RN written on the Ramseys' tablet penned with the Ramseys' writing utensil, in handwriting identical to Patsy's handwriting

Fibers found on the crotch area of JonBenet's underpants that are consistent with fibers from John's black wool shirt made in Israel

Fibers found entwined in the garotte knot that are consistent with fibers from Patsy's jacket

Toth, please specify what evidence there is that points to an Intruder. No fair including the mystery DNA, because it's likely either a false positive resulting from the DNA amplification process, or else it belongs to Sum Yung Gai, an employee of the Taiwanese undergarment factory, and was deposited on the underpants when SYG sneezed or coughed while he was folding the panties or bagging them.

Also, no fair including the tape roll and the remainder of the cord, because the Rs could have easily disposed of them, along with other pieces of evidence.

What's left? What evidence is there that points to an Intruder?

Originally posted by Ivy
Also, no fair including the tape roll and the remainder of the cord, because the Rs could have easily disposed of them, along with other pieces of evidence.
Hey Ivy. Maybe this is why the Rams invited all their friends over that morning. Get em over, fill em up with coffee, get em to pee up a storm and flush all that evidence WAY down into the sewer system. :eek:

Tape and cord could have been household items. No proof an intruder brought them into the house.

LOL, Shylock. I'd never thought of that...but that doesn't means the Ramseys didn't. Now that you mention it, I wonder how far into the terlit pipes the BPD fished.

If you are in habit of flushing duct tape rolls down the toilet remind me to wear my hip-boots when I come visitin'.

Whenever I flush empty rolls of duct tape down the toilet, I always take a sharp knife and cut the rolls into tiny pieces that won't clog the toilet. When I flush leftover cord down the toilet, I do the same thing--cut it into tiny pieces. Also, I never try to dispose of the pieces of empty tape roll and leftover cord in one flush. I flush the pieces just a few at a time.

Originally posted by Ivy
Whenever I flush empty rolls of duct tape down the toilet, I always take a sharp knife and cut the rolls into tiny pieces that won't clog the toilet. When I flush leftover cord down the toilet, I do the same thing--cut it into tiny pieces. Also, I never try to dispose of the pieces of empty tape roll and leftover cord in one flush. I flush the pieces just a few at a time.
Gee Ivy, that must take you a LONG time. I'll bet you have to stay up all night and don't even get a chance to change your clothes before breakfast...

Right, Shylock, it takes a looooong time. When the police arrive, I'm not only wearing the same clothes from the day before but I'm stinky to boot.

Originally posted by Shylock
Maybe this is why the Rams invited all their friends over that morning. Get em over, fill em up with coffee, get em to pee up a storm and flush all that evidence WAY down into the sewer system. :eek:
lol... yes, plenty of evidence "flushing" opportunities there... y'know, just slip the duct tape into Priscilla's purse and the cord into Fleet's pocket, the notepad into someone's briefcase, and a Sharpie pen for each guest... too bad the cops didn't bother to conduct searches that morning.

... too bad the cops didn't bother to conduct searches that morning.

Not even the Ramseys were searched before being allowed to leave. Patsy could easily have hidden evidence in her purse, and John and Burke could have concealed evidence on their persons. I've often wondered if John disposed of certain items when he went for the walk after arriving at the Whites'.

It's also possible that Pam Paugh removed evidence when she did her sweep of the house. She could have taken important pieces of evidence without even knowing it.

Ivy said:
Right, Shylock, it takes a looooong time. When the police arrive, I'm not only wearing the same clothes from the day before but I'm stinky to boot.

LOL "Shitzee Poopoo!"...too boot!; ok...is that why THEY took the basement toilet...? :blowkiss: ?

Shylock said:
Hey Toth, cross your fingers! This isn't another Chris Wolfe joke suit, this is FOX network. Fox has enough money to hire lawyers that can take such a big bite out of Lin Wood's a$$ that he'll never sit down again!
Let's hope FOX has the balls to finally put Patsy and Company on trial for murder in a civil courtroom!

I agree 100% Shylock. I hope the FOX network doesn't back down and "settle" with the Ramseys like everyone else has. I'm anxious to see how this one turns out.

Kristabelle said:
I agree 100% Shylock. I hope the FOX network doesn't back down and "settle" with the Ramseys like everyone else has. I'm anxious to see how this one turns out.

I TOO TOTALLY 100% (96) agree...same year our angle died'96...the same as percent sign...hhum...hum??? in Feb...I'm off to Hawaii and I've purchased tickets to the show featuring John Edward AND Sylvia Browne...compelling...I'll let you know the event-results of such day 2/22/04... :rolleyes: :cool: :crazy: :blowkiss: :croc: :croc:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back