Scotland - New database of animal cruelty

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
PEOPLE who are convicted of animal cruelty are to have their names put on a register which will be available to police, local authorities and the Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SSPCA).

The database which will list offenders' addresses and convictions will also contain details of those under investigation for animal cruelty. The move has been welcomed by police and animal welfare organisations who said research showed cruelty towards animals was often a psychological precursor to more violent behaviour such as rape or murder in later life.

The database will sit alongside the Animal Health and Welfare Bill, currently going through the Scottish Parliament, aimed at preventing the suffering of animals... Banning orders issued in England and Wales will also apply in Scotland. Last year in Scotland more than 460 animal cruelty offences were recorded by police, compared with around 300 in 2000. Also in 2004, courts dealt with 22 cases of cruelty to family pets, up from 13 in the previous year.

More: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12122005/17/new-database-animal-cruelty.html

This is in the UK. I hope this is soon adopted in the US if it isn't already?
I'm unaware of this here if we have it. :waitasec:

PEOPLE who are convicted of animal cruelty are to have their names put on a register which will be available to police, local authorities and the Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SSPCA).

The database which will list offenders' addresses and convictions will also contain details of those under investigation for animal cruelty. The move has been welcomed by police and animal welfare organisations who said research showed cruelty towards animals was often a psychological precursor to more violent behaviour such as rape or murder in later life.

The database will sit alongside the Animal Health and Welfare Bill, currently going through the Scottish Parliament, aimed at preventing the suffering of animals... Banning orders issued in England and Wales will also apply in Scotland. Last year in Scotland more than 460 animal cruelty offences were recorded by police, compared with around 300 in 2000. Also in 2004, courts dealt with 22 cases of cruelty to family pets, up from 13 in the previous year.

More: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12122005/17/new-database-animal-cruelty.html

This is in the UK. I hope this is soon adopted in the US if it isn't already?
I'm unaware of this here if we have it. :waitasec:

We have a US searchable database for animal cruelty! Yay! It seems pretty accurate for the cases I am aware of in my area. This should be another good tool to use to sleuth some of the more disturbed POI's we have seen here at WS.

http://www.pet-abuse.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back