796 users online (101 members and 695 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

KS - Michael Coysh, 63, Oswego, 30 March 2017

Oswego police search for missing person

Coysh*was last seen at his home in Oswego on Thursday, March 30th at 7:30 am. His vehicle was found at an Oswego park near the Neosho River.
    http://www.fourstateshomepage.com/ne...rson/684054710

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Other possibilities, but I assume the "Oswego park near the Neosho River" is Riverside Park.

Yes, I assume it is Riverside Park.

Not a lot of information.
    Was he an avid fisherman? If not there isn't much to do there except watch water flow by. There is a waterfall dam, if you were to fall off and get stuck in it you wouldn't make it. Some fisherman will walk out on them to fish the currents. This river fills grand lake in Oklahoma.

I'd like to think they scoured the river by now. But then again it doesn't seem this case has drawn much interest.

Sad. This is near my home. In fact I live upstream about 2 blocks from the Neosho river. The area in question has little resources for this.

Quote Originally Posted by shifferbrainz View Post
    Yes, I assume it is Riverside Park.

Not a lot of information.
    Was he an avid fisherman? If not there isn't much to do there except watch water flow by. There is a waterfall dam, if you were to fall off and get stuck in it you wouldn't make it. Some fisherman will walk out on them to fish the currents. This river fills grand lake in Oklahoma.

I'd like to think they scoured the river by now. But then again it doesn't seem this case has drawn much interest.

Sad. This is near my home. In fact I live upstream about 2 blocks from the Neosho river. The area in question has little resources for this.
    Been to that park many times and yes, first thing I thought of was fishing off that dam. Also: if the man was despondent prior to his disappearance. It's a peaceful, pastoral setting.

KOAM TV from Joplin reported a boat was sent out to look, but with recent heavy rains the river is swollen and flooding is a problem.

This AM they reported a helicopter was being sent out to search the river between Oswego and Chetopa.

Nothing at all on their website though.

www.koamtv.com

Found deceased 2 miles downstream.

http://www.parsonssun.com/news/artic...3a216347c.html

Quote Originally Posted by shifferbrainz View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I just saw an update on a local news site.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

RIP Michael.