1098 users online (157 members and 941 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Father & Stepmother charged - salted 7 yr old's behind and paddled til he bled

Accusations that a 7-year-old Marietta, Georgia, boy had salt paddled so hard into him that he bled through his pants at school led police to arrest his father and stepmother.

[...]

The boy, with blood seeping through his pants, couldn’t sit in his chair at school Wednesday, the warrant said.

“I think that was a characterization,” said the couple’s Marietta attorney John Nwosu.

“The whole accusation is out of context,” he said before declining to say what preceded the alleged spanking.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/geor...-say/508797462

Nwosu said the boy’s father started a trucking company and the stepmother is in medical school at Morehouse College.

“These are two young good parents, enterprising parents,” he said.

The attorney added that the boy has “some skin disease” that might have “aggravated the alleged injury” but didn’t explain further.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/cops-c...qgxgByhQ8Iy9I/
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Mr. Nwosu: good parents do not do these things like that to their children. I don't care how educated or enterprising they are. Add to that, if the parents knew the boy had a skin condition, why would they rub salt on his buttocks and then paddle him? Their defense has holes in it. Please let him be put in a home with truly good, loving parents.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Accusations that a 7-year-old Marietta, Georgia, boy had salt paddled so hard into him that he bled through his pants at school led police to arrest his father and stepmother.

[...]

The boy, with blood seeping through his pants, couldn’t sit in his chair at school Wednesday, the warrant said.

“I think that was a characterization,” said the couple’s Marietta attorney John Nwosu.

“The whole accusation is out of context,” he said before declining to say what preceded the alleged spanking.

Nwosu said the boy’s father started a trucking company and the stepmother is in medical school at Morehouse College.

The attorney added that the boy has “some skin disease” that might have “aggravated the alleged injury” but didn’t explain further.

How in the world did they even come up with this torture? And how did they get this child? Poor little one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lock their asses up!

Karma loves, I mean LOVES sweet revenge when it comes to children and abuse.

I have a pretty good feeling the prison where their new home will be is chock full of salt, and not the good Grey Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt, but the run of the mill Iodized Salt.

I feel so bad for this child, I wish I could give him a gentle hug and tell him it's going to be okay and he did nothing wrong.

JMHO

[...]

BBM
    This is how I read it... Even trash can get an education and start a business AND they both know better.

John Nwosu, please, cry me a river.
    JMO

[...]

Oh my...Marietta. sigh.

Just no. No. No. How the heart breaks when these stories are told. I cannot stand how much pain so many children endure at the hands of their parents and guardians. I recognize that parenting is not easy and that parents make mistakes. However, this is far beyond a harmless mistake. This is a choice to subject a child to violence and pain. I do not care how this 7 year old might have misbehaved: to spank him to the point of bleeding is plain criminal, plain shameful, plain wrong.

How I wish we could protect all the little ones in the world. This story just breaks my heart.

The story refers to "salt paddling" as if it is a known activity....is it? I've never heard of it, nor would have ever have crossed my mind that such a thing existed.

Quote Originally Posted by doublestop View Post
    The story refers to "salt paddling" as if it is a known activity....is it? I've never heard of it, nor would have ever have crossed my mind that such a thing existed.
    Me neither. I just knew of regular paddling.

Quote Originally Posted by doublestop View Post
    Not even Google knows what "salt paddling" is.

I'm sad that a seven year old little boy was given up by his bio Mom, who allegedly can't cope with him. He is having trouble in school, then lands in a home where this happens to him. Please someone get this child some HELP!!!
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

"According to the warrant, the woman ordered the boy to take his pants off before rubbing salt on his buttocks and spanking him with a red piece of wood."

What exactly is a red piece of wood?

As for the solution to these two so-called parents:

Pour a whole can of iodized salt on their behinds and take a two-by-four to the area - see how they like it.

That poor little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Not even Google knows what "salt paddling" is.

I'm sad that a seven year old little boy was given up by his bio Mom, who allegedly can't cope with him. He is having trouble in school, then lands in a home where this happens to him. Please someone get this child some HELP!!!
    I agree on all.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    "[COLOR=#111111][FONT=Arial]According to the warrant, the woman ordered the boy to take his pants off before rubbing salt on his buttocks and spanking him with a red piece of wood."
    What exactly is a red piece of wood?
    A "red piece of wood" (had been described incorrectly) it is "REDWOOD".
    Redwood is the hardest timber, it is the first choice for firewood. It is the first choice for wood carving, also for furniture making.
    The psychos beat the child with a piece of redwood, it would have been as hard as an iron bar.
    Redwood is the hardest of all the various types of wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl12 View Post
    Redwood is the hardest timber, it is the first choice for firewood. It is the first choice for wood carving, also for furniture making.
    The psychos beat the child with a piece of redwood, it would have been as hard as an iron bar.
    When I first read the description of the red piece of wood I wondered if redwood is what was meant but I haven't seen that specified or clarified in any of the articles. Is there a link? TIA
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl12 View Post
    Terrible.

Let's hear those parents use their education and enterprising spirit to explain why they would paddle a little boy with redwood after applying salt when they say he has a skin condition. That treatment wouldn't be appropriate for anyone.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast