MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
attachment.php

<snip>
A possible break in two cases involving young women who vanished, seemingly without a trace.

Belton police have been in contact with the families of Kara Kopetsky who disappeared in 2007 and Jessica Runions who hasn't been seen since her burned out car was discovered last year.

While the Cass County Sheriff's Office said no identification has been made at this time, Kopetsky's parents told KCTV5 that Belton police called them and told them the second skull may be hers. Authorities say they will most likely send the bones to an out of state lab for identification.

A second human skull was located in the same search area, according to investigators.

<snip>

A mushroom hunter found human bones in a wooded area south of Belton in Cass County on Monday afternoon.

According to the Cass County Sheriff’s Office, the hunter called deputies to an area near East 223rd and State Route Y around 3:40 p.m.

Attachments

• Kara & Jessica.jpg
    Kara & Jessica.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3,558
Wow. This is an interesting--yet unsurprising--development. I would not be surprised if LE found additional victims nearby.

Let's all hope for strong DNA evidence on site linking it to the killer.

And, let's all hope LE knows exactly where the prime suspect Kylr Yust is these days. Isn't he out of jail now? Or is he still incarcerated?

OMG, this could be them?? Now hopefully they can be laid to rest, and that disgusting excuse for a human being can be locked away forever!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

so it is for sure them? I think we all know... but just thought I would ask.

KY is currently in jail awaiting trial in October for burning Jessica Runions car. http://fox4kc.com/2016/10/31/man-su...-vehicle-on-fire-make-first-court-appearance/

Let's be thankful it was continued so these girls could be found. Let's hope results are swift and these mothers get answers.

Here is a link to the timeline and facts as we know them leading up to this:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...as-City-8-Sept-2016-2&p=13101173#post13101173

Peggy Breit is a KMBC reporter that has been faithfully following these cases and is a good source for info https://www.facebook.com/PeggyBreitKMBC/

so it is for sure them? I think we all know... but just thought I would ask.

We're all awaiting official word from the ME. We've all seen enough cases to know they probably have a pretty good idea without that though.

I am so afraid that Jessica and Kara were not his only victims. He started at 17...what are the chances he took a ten year break?

I so wish they had been able to get him for Kara.

Breaks my heart.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if a search had been done anywhere near the area they found the remains, previously? I know it's irrelevant at this point but I'm not familiar with these areas and it seems pretty close to where the girls lived/worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so afraid that Jessica and Kara were not his only victims. He started at 17...what are the chances he took a ten year break?

Breaks my heart.

I agree. He may have more victims. Hopefully LE is searching every millimeter of the land where these remains were found.

Breaks my heart.

Well, there were the kittens...

I think he would have killed his ex if she wasn't pregnant - after all, he got as close as he could to doing it. For all we know, he was just too drunk or she was too strong to pull it off. I hope she is gathering strength for the day she may ever need to face him in court.

Somewhere along the way in the original threads we did go through the missing girls around this area in both Kansas and Missouri and none of them really matched up with his perceived MO or would have crossed paths with him. He appears to fixate - any other victims would be known to him I'd guess, though I suppose he could have "practiced". I just feel like his killings are an out-of-body Norman Bates situation and not really something he pre-meditates.

its possible he may have other victims that he did not know well, hence was less secretive about concealing them.

I agree. He may have more victims. Hopefully LE is searching every millimeter of the land where these remains were found.

I agree. he gets obsessed and they are partners he has history with.

Well, there were the kittens...

I think he would have killed his ex if she wasn't pregnant - after all, he got as close as he could to doing it. For all we know, he was just too drunk or she was too strong to pull it off. I hope she is gathering strength for the day she may ever need to face him in court.

Somewhere along the way in the original threads we did go through the missing girls around this area in both Kansas and Missouri and none of them really matched up with his perceived MO or would have crossed paths with him. He appears to fixate - any other victims would be known to him I'd guess, though I suppose he could have "practiced". I just feel like his killings are an out-of-body Norman Bates situation and not really something he pre-meditates.

I was just looking at both these girls faces the other day wondering when we would find them. If this is them, how bitter. The only sweet thing in all this bitterness is that the girls will be home and hopefully the killer can be held accountable.

Wow.

Wow at resolution coming to all of these cases over the past few days. Hopefully there will be some answers for danielle stislicki soon.

Incredible. Jessica in particular has been on my mind so often since she went missing last year. I really hope this is it. Both girls' families have already been through too much heartache.

Wow I always thought wherever he put them he did so seperately....Hopefully this is the closure both families deserve....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I am praying that this is the first step toward closure for both of these families. I hope that they are able find peace and comfort in the upcoming days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee